[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 6:43 AM, colmo said:

Suggestion - allow loading craft from other save folders, perhaps even other game folders, for those of us with a fully modded game folders, and a stripped down one for craft design and testing.

I second that request.  Maybe a central directory set for all of your installs.

2 hours ago, John FX said:

just popping by to add another voice waiting for CKAN integration. Spacedock is up and running with a lot of the same functionality although GitHub is, as you have said, much less likely to suffer in the future.

They all were on CKAN when KerbalStuff was running (well, most of them). I haven't had enough time to get everything up onto SpaceDock yet, but that's one of my plans for this weekend. I'll make sure to tick the CKAN box, so they'll hopefully be available again by the start of next week! I might move to GitHub as a secondary option.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

I'll think about it. It likely requires a GUI, which starts to move it out of "modlet" territory and into full "mod" territory. I also haven't had much time lately for any development, so new mods are extra low on the list.

37 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

Spaceport.info is a Kerbal Stuff port with a new name.

I think you mean http://spacedock.info/ ;)

And I'm well aware, I've been following along as closely as I have time for. I'm even a supporter on Patreon. Once I get time I'll be uploading everything to there, but getting everything set up takes a while and I haven't had time yet. That's my plan for this weekend. I've got like 10 mods to reupload and come up with new descriptions/screenshots/etc for.

4 hours ago, Probus said:

I'm now doing this for CKAN's cache using symlinks. I could do so with save folders too, though it would be tricky to keep track of what points to where.

16 hours ago, colmo said:

I'm now doing this for CKAN's cache using symlinks. I could do so with save folders too, though it would be tricky to keep track of what points to where.

I would't recommend doing that with save folders.  Saves are specific to a game and the mods installed there.

17 hours ago, magico13 said:

I think you mean http://spacedock.info/ ;)

And I'm well aware, I've been following along as closely as I have time for. I'm even a supporter on Patreon. Once I get time I'll be uploading everything to there, but getting everything set up takes a while and I haven't had time yet. That's my plan for this weekend. I've got like 10 mods to reupload and come up with new descriptions/screenshots/etc for.

Thank you for your mods and support! I eagerly await!

On 10/4/2015 at 7:43 AM, colmo said:

Suggestion - allow loading craft from other save folders, perhaps even other game folders, for those of us with a fully modded game folders, and a stripped down one for craft design and testing.

Craft Import already does that.  It allows importing craft from anywhere, including the web

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eberkain said:

Does field experience give a notification when it levels up a kerbal?

It does not. Since it only runs on scene change and must recalculate every time (or else the XP is "lost") there's not really a good way to track that, sorry :/ Maybe later down the line I could rewrite it so that could work, but I don't have the time currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried Re3, but it crashes:

[LOG 19:40:37.256] Re3: Alt-F6 clicked
[LOG 19:40:37.256] Re3: Clicked in flight
[LOG 19:40:37.256] Re3: Starting flight code
[LOG 19:40:37.279] Flight State Captured
[LOG 19:40:39.055] Game State Saved to saves/Summer Fun/Re3Backup
[EXC 19:40:39.082] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        Re3.Re3.SanitizeNode (.ConfigNode module)
        Re3.Re3.SanitizeShipNode (.ConfigNode node)
        Re3.Re3.FromInFlightVessel (.Vessel VesselToSave)
        Re3.Re3.OnClick ()
        Re3.Re3.FixedUpdate ()

The ship I tried it on has had had other weird problems, which is why I wanted to edit it :)

Logs and save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53ia9kbnn0es7j2/AABZNAUFLWSN0B3TeEJ9N68Va?dl=0

The ship in particular is "Minfueler Ike".  That ship needs Karbonite, Fuel Tanks Plus, Modular Rocket Systems, Taurus HCV, KAS, and Interstellar Fuel Switch to load.  Full mod list is included.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an unofficial update for FieldExperience, have fun everybody :)

http://en.file-upload.net/download-11456003/Field_Experience-KSP1.1.zip.html

Edit: And here also an unoffical update to DatedQuickSaves, I couldn't resist (also includes the updated MagicCore)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11456055/DatedQuicksaves-KSP1.1.zip.html

Edit2: Added SensibleScreenshot to the list:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11459358/SensibleScreenshot-KSP1.1.zip.html

All updates have been tested and did not show any bugs. So I hope everything is fine.

Edited by Arduin
Added another mod

We desperately need Sensible Screenshots for 1.1! Help! :blush:

On 04.04.2016 at 1:19 AM, Arduin said:

Both updates have been tested and did not show any bugs. So I hope everything is fine.

God bless you! :)

On 4/4/2016 at 3:19 PM, Arduin said:

Edit: And here also an unoffical update to DatedQuickSaves, I couldn't resist (also includes the updated MagicCore)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11456055/DatedQuicksaves-KSP1.1.zip.html

All updates have been tested and did not show any bugs. So I hope everything is fine.

Thanks. Your dated Quicksaves does work, but it doesn't read the settings.cfg file from my other install so I can't change any of the defaults.

2 hours ago, primco said:

Thanks. Your dated Quicksaves does work, but it doesn't read the settings.cfg file from my other install so I can't change any of the defaults.

Hmm thats sad, but I can't help much with that. I am no KSP modder, I just fixed a few code problems that occured with KSP 1.1, but I got no idea how it loads the config file. I think for now you have to use what we got here, better than nothing ;) Actual release versions will follow when the maintainer of the mod has time to make a proper update to 1.1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:19 AM, Arduin said:

Here is an unofficial update for FieldExperience, have fun everybody :)

Edit2: Added SensibleScreenshot to the list:

now if only the download site didn't try to sneak malware and popups to phishing sites onto my computer...

On 13.4.2016 at 9:50 AM, jwenting said:

now if only the download site didn't try to sneak malware and popups to phishing sites onto my computer...

whaaat? I am so sorry if I used a bad file upload service... any suggestions for a better one? I will move the files over after I have one

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JedTech said:

Has anyone found a way to change QuickSave settings using Arduin's 1.1 build?

The code is using an (accidentally) out of date version as its base from before configuration worked. I've got an update in progress and I just need to get it all sorted out and uploaded.

Just now, jrandom said:

Does Tree Toppler for 1.05 work with 1.1? And if so, is there any place I can download it at? I've been digging through links here but haven't stumbled across it yet.

There's a setting in the alt-f12 menu (I think after holding alt for a few seconds) to unlock the tech tree.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.