Stock BDA dogfighters 1.2 (youtube)

Structural plates is the strongest part in the game, lasers will destroy most wings or aerodynamic parts in about 1 seconds from 500m. Also my observations of the Solarius, it was able to keep its fixed forward laser on target for 5 seconds at a time.

Edited by goduranus

Youtube crashed when I was adding music, so here's Solarius vs The Dorito without music.

Something I noticed was that lasers fired by the plane you're watching is impotent, consistently lagging behind the target, but lasers fired by the planes you're not watching are very accurate.

Edited by goduranus

I've noticed less that perfect accuracy from unfocused craft in my own dogfights, but if laser performance is (at least in part) determined by which craft is currently focused on, that alone justifies a laser ban. In light of this, I'm willing to withdraw the Solarius from the fight lineup for future skirmishes.

@SuicidalInsanity I suspect it has something to do with the order that craft positions and orientations are calculated, maybe sometimes the craft firing the laser is updated before the targeted, so by the time the laser fires the target has already moved forward by one frame's distance. This would be consistent with my suspicion that crafts closer to the camera are updated first. It probably affects cannons as well, but cannons' inaccuracy makes this less sever of a problem.

@KenjiKrafts Yes, but make sure it has BD Armory Flight Computer and Weapons Manager setup like in the thread's opening post.

Edited by goduranus

@Triop I've got one for ya, but she's already in a running competition, tournament-style. Should she be defeated in said competition, only then will I release the design to KerbalX. Is there some way I might send you callsign "Panthero Leo" privately? Or would you prefer that I just wait until said tourney is over and notify you then?

@goduranus Oh, yes. Callsigns "Panthera Leo" and "Alpha" are both my design for competition on Jolly Roger's tournament. Both have fought their first of the season as well, so you should have a fine example in episodes 3 and 4. Hope you're enjoying it too. Buuuut.... I was just re-checking my AI settings to ensure she complies with the regulation and realized I actually don't have a craft that will. Panthera Leo's Weapon Manager and AI Pilot are both housed within the same structural fuselage and she's designed to be an air-superiority drone. Sorry to jump the gun. I should've read the rules better.

And take one look at Alpha and it's pretty obvious she won't comply with these regulations either. So... in the words of the Terminator: "The data could be called 'pain.'" LOL! I'll be back with something eventually.

NEGATIVE @goduranus You won't recon my blueprints that easily, you devil! :wink:

Seriously though, I'm intrigued at what you're prepared to sortie for PFC4 (should JRA continue the series to PFC4, which is debatable), but I'd rather it be a more realistic encounter as we meet in battle. I can see your drones coming and must act without an intimate knowledge of said drones' potential because they are all AI-controlled. AI feels no fear, has no insight and must comply with programming. My understanding of physics gives me an edge over my competition through the design process and I'd wish for no more than that. At least that's what I'd like to think... LOL! I guess we'll find out!

Also: are you participating in JRA's PFC3 as well? If yes, which plane(s) have you entered with?

@TheLionsBite Mine is the Falken, in the most recent episode. It's rather poorly tuned, because my main craft was having problems around the submission deadline I send in an old plane. But the main craft is done now, and it beats every craft I tested it against. JRA did say something about doing PFC, but it'll probably be 2-3 months away.

How about this? Try to beat my craft. If you can beat mine, then keep yours a secret. If my craft wins, then you let me a look at your craft. I'm pretty confident about mine, I think seeing yours won't make me change anything. I particularly want to test against the Alpha though.

Here's my craft: 

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/P-1187-Super-Dreadnought or https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/ultimate-jet-fighter-p-1187-super-dreadnought

Qap4OYA.jpg

Edited by goduranus

@goduranus I'm going to assume when you say 

3 hours ago, goduranus said:

But the main craft is done now, and it beats every craft I tested it against.

that you've taken your Super Dreadnought to Dakka I and were victorious. For this, my competitive nature responds. However, my secretive nature still prevails. I would rather know you've beaten Dakka I and then cling to the edge of my seat as our beasties ignite the sky with sound and fury!

I know, I know, I'm such a hard-S about it... but I'm willing to compromise a little for the sake of sportsmanship. I'll test Alpha against your Super Dreadnought one-on-one and provide a link to the (rough) video when I'm finished. If Alpha is victorious, you MUST submit a different craft to PFC4 altogether. If your Super Dreadnought is victorious, I will make Alpha's blueprint public. Sound like a decent enough compromise to you, sir? I'll start downloading and recording the moment we come to an agreement.

Edited by TheLionsBite

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.