Naval Battle League 2016-2018

dont scrap it. Just ask for special rules if your going to use it. Also, the structural plating isn't important. It's the frame that's important. The frame breaks, and the armor attached dies too. Here's a tip: don't attack armor or the frame directly to fuel tanks. Their too squishy. My ships have decent weaponry, but their armor isn't that tough. Also yes you can use auto lock with the sas.

More building tips? Use girders as the fram. Have lots of redundant parts, such as probe cores. Don't stress too much about fuel, just use efficient engines, and don't leave important parts, like engines and cockpits exposed. With weaponry, you want it to be accurate, usually guided for that function, and have high acceleration. you want to use parts with high impact tolerance for the actual point of the missile, which is why people use wheels for that. The large ones have 150 ms impact tolerance, which is the highest in the game. Also, if possible make your ship mostly empty so its hard to actually take out anything important. Any more question, just ask.

@MiffedStarfish I know why I lost. I only fired one missile. What was I thinking. Can I redo my turn to rectify my mistake? I forgot you could fire more than once.

Edited by ShadowGoat

Well beside aesthetic things, my destroyer and my carrier are pretty empty, for the girders, it's a problem to balance aesthetic and a solid frame, but I will try my best, for the carrier will be impossible, it is full of fuels tank in the non-hangar part.

Thx for tips

Edited by dragonaether

@ShadowGoat I've already won! You posted  the persist, your turn is over, sorry. 

@dragonaether I would recommend reading through the rules fully, it prevents lot of little easily avoidable mistakes. :) Do you have pictures of your ships? They sound interesting. As you don't want to use structual panels for aesthetic reasons, I would just cover the panels with wing plates, they are slightly larger than panels, so no seams, and they look a lot better than bare metal. 

For now I'm working on a carrier, only the hangar and the main sector with fuel tanks, reactor it's finished (already over 1500 parts still to be balanced and I also have to add something to make it stable and to unwoble it), I have to add a couple off things, like the realoding section for fighters, this will take a lot to design. Then I wanted to design an heavy dreadnought and a very experimental ship with a very secret experimental thing :)

But for now I only have finished the vostok class destroy and isn't that powerfull, I will add a couple of missiles. As soon as I finish the carrier I will post it.

22 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@dragonaether As you don't want to use structual panels for aesthetic reasons, I would just cover the panels with wing plates, they are slightly larger than panels, so no seams, and they look a lot better than bare metal. 

The problem is that I have also an interior design and it will be a 3 layer armor, and that would make the ship very heavy, I will use this with the dreadnought but with the others is impractical.

A question, there is a limit for carrier's fighters?

Edited by dragonaether

But biggest dosent always translate to strongest, evidently. :)

EflxazK.png

c3xCjMD.jpg

I'm sorry, that was mean. Here, have some money rep.

@Spartwo I'm not sure whether the fight between the Hyperion and the death would count on the leaderboard. On one hand, we fully complied with the rules, making it eligible, but on the other hand, it lasted two turns between two ships. What do you think?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

By uncertified I meant that I wouldn't normally use it in a battle, not that it shouldn't ever be used in battle.

@dragonaether I would say between 3 and 6 ships for a normal battle. As for weaponary, we all have our own different styles and types of weapons, for example, shadow goat uses lots of moderate damage overwhelming missiles, while I use less missiles, but with a focus on presicion hits and high speeds.

22 minutes ago, AlexanderTeaH said:

Oh believe me, armor plating can be quite sexy.

cuFfCEj.png

Nice ship, well in some cases it could be acceptable, but in my personal opinion they should reteaxture them a bit, as well as a lot of other parts. I mean the future that I see for the human kind is made of white and black parts, not pure metal. I  just found a problem of my crafts, I use the porkjet parts expansion, it's a problem? It doesn't affect nothing of gameplay I think.

What I should use as point for missiles? Besides wheels (for 2.5 1.25,0.625 missilea)

Edited by dragonaether

A little spoiler of my Carrier, I have still a lot of work to do. :)

I don't think I will continue it, it's becoming so heavy for my PC that while in the editor it crashes my game.

I will work on a smaller one

Edited by dragonaether

It's light because it doesn't have defences and don't have a lot of armour, and in my opinion, 6 fighters are nothing. I started working on a smaller one, with just 2 fighters, it will be easier to control and my PC thanks me. That carrier unfinished counted over 1700 parts and weighted over 900 tons.

As soon as i finish the carrier i will work on an assault dreadnaught, that will be cool. (at least is cool in my head)

Edited by dragonaether

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.