Where is YOUR Jebediah Kerman?

Skydrow

• 2 weeks later...

Hauling a bunch of newbie engineers and scientists out to Minmus and back in preparation for the new science lab that is getting ready to launch to Minmus and along the way picking up a pilot that got himself stranded on Minmus' south pole.

Edited by TerminalV

Sitting in LKO on a 4 kerbal rescue mission, waiting to pick up his first rescuee.

Since his rerendezvous was taking so long, I also launched the first ISRU enabled exploration craft/cruise ship destined to head to the Mun, Minmus and beyond(With Val, Bill, Bob, and lots of tourists who only expected to get orbital), forgetting he was up there, there are enough empty cruise ship seats to pick up everyone in orbit(except Jeb) before heading to the Mun for refueling...

My previous career Jeb lives in the astronaut complex.

My current Jeb died when I clumsily yawed into an uncontrollabe position during reentry.  I was eating a snack (wasabi almonds!) as it descended through 20000 meters, so my love of salty snacks cost Jeb his life.  

Edited by Jonfliesgoats

• 5 months later...

We're is your Jedediah? I know he loves stranding himself on planets  or in orbit... I know I've rescued mine 4 times so far! I am curious. Respond below!

Just came back from a Duna-Ike mission with Bill and another Kerbal. They did not land anywhere though, but the remaining kerbal did land on Ike (the pod only had space for 1 so I decided to send the scientist.

As for the other 2 main kerbals, both dead. Bob died crushed by a service bay, Val died when she stepped out of the capsule during reentry (not a good idea)

• 2 weeks later...

Temporarily grounded from all space-flight. MunBase1 landed last night; ScienceLab, SatCom, ISRU 1&2, The Atlantis, Emiko (How do you pronounce that, @Just Jim? I'm pronouncing it "Ehm-ee-k-oh" but you're the author), and the Apollo Emergency Escape vessels, and the 4 "M-250" Rovers are going up today. Jeb isn't getting his mitts on any of these pieces of machinery. Unless he goes up on a Hermes Personnel Transport vessel

24 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

How do you pronounce that, @Just Jim? I'm pronouncing it "Ehm-ee-k-oh" but you're the author

ehm-E-koh 

For the exact pronunciation, watch the original 1954 Godzilla next chance you get. Emiko is the main female character in the movie, and who mine is named after.

And to bring this back on topic...

My Jeb, Val, Bob and Bill just finally landed from an almost 4 year journey out to Duna and back!!!  Gonna be a big party tonight!!!

XQiK2co.png

In my first save, when I first successfully landed on Mun, I had not enough fuel for a return trip. I sent a rescue ship which did not have enough fuel after landing to make it all the way back. I then sent a rescue for the rescue and knowing nothing about orbital rendezvous ended up with Jeb floating around Kerbin in his EVA suit.

In my most recent save, he's waiting for automated flight testing to certify a rocket so he can be the first kerbal to orbit Gael.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:11 PM, joacobanfield said:

Alone, in a mk1 lander can, no snacks, a single solar panel and no antenna, in a highly inclined, highly eccentrical orbit.

Well that's okay! Just send up a recovery-

On 4/15/2017 at 2:11 PM, joacobanfield said:

Of Eeloo.

Vehicle.......... ah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.