When will the Curse client support KSP?

Red Iron Crown

• 4 months later...
On 6-10-2015 at 11:22 PM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Personally, I go with kerbalsuff al the way.

Kerbalstuff is now permanently shut down due to insufficient support by SQUAD, When will Curse finally support mod updating?

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Kerbalstuff is now permanently shut down due to insufficient support by SQOAD, When will Curse finally support mod updating?

Nope, KerbalStuff was shut down by the owner due to insufficient support from its users.

SirCmpwn

running Kerbal Stuff is a largely thankless job. In fact, for the most part, I just hear complaints. Most people don't actually care about the effort put into it. Whenever I've taken the time to add features or make improvements or meet the requests of users, no one has shown any appreciation. I stopped volunteering my time and energy to extend this website, because my efforts were always met with silence or complaints.

The plug was pulled by the owner yes, but he also for feeling unappreciated by SQUAD as they should have supported him making auto updating by CKAN a reality. Instead SQUAD partners with Curse which apparently still haven't figured out how to implement auto Mod updating support for KSP. And who has to clean up the mess for SQUAD failure? us mod makes. Yet again they show no respect for the mod community and the Modders who make it possible

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, sal_vager said:

You can believe that if you want, but perhaps if more of us had made SirCmpwn aware of how much we appreciated his efforts then he would not have closed his site.

I think he was simply naive. The site cannot be maintained due to money issues. I highly doubt he is stopping it because of lack of praise.

Twice the number of people used Kerbalstuff over curse. If Squad payed attention to numbers like that we would have all these issues.

I think there is a lot of reasons for SirCmpwn having a melt down, but on the same token, some were demons of his own design. I would have gladly financially supported Kerbal Stuff had there been a PayPal link, as I do with KerbalX - and I am sure that many others felt the same way, too. So, on that point, the financial contribution SirCmpwn was investing could have easily been recouped since that money would have been used to support the financial demands of hosting the site.

There was also the indication that he felt overwhelmed by the amount of work in maintaining the site. Again, this could have been solved by inviting key contributors to help with this aspect of site management. There are several good examples of the community, such as this forum, where members have provided some great assistance in this are.

Now the whole thing over legal issues seems to be a bit off; I do not remember seeing anything that SQUAD made him shut it down or CURSE pressured him to either... I think that that was pure speculation or something that was misinterpreted and twisted by someone on the forum. It is well known that Kerbal Stuff was well liked and utilized - far above what Curse ever was. With that said, I do not ever expect Curse even to remotely become more KSP friendly and it is as it is now - and will probably remain user-unfriendly.

@SirCmpwn expressly said in chat about 2 hours ago, that money was irrelevant for his decision (and thus no interest in patreon). It was a reaction to actions and lack of actions from squad and the community as can be read on [Moderator removed defunct website link].

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

On 15-2-2016 at 11:21 PM, Svm420 said:

Why necro such an old thread?!

Because we are STILL waiting for Curse to give KSP Support in their client, allowing automatically updating of mods. but  almost 2 years you have to wonder if they are either incompetent or just don't care.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 2/16/2016 at 0:41 AM, FreeThinker said:

Because we are STILL waiting for Curse to give KSP Support in their client, allowing automatically updating of mods. but  after more than 2 years you have to wonder if they are either incompetent or just don't care.

Pretty much. Absolute garbage.

So lets not talk about KerbalStuff in this thread.  We are still waiting on the promised KSP support to the Curse client, and or a response from the Curse people

Let me remind Squad and the KSP community that the last communication from the Curse guy was December 2014, hoping to have support "early next year" meaning early 2015.  Here we are early 2016 and still nothing.  

Here's another simple thing I totally appreciate that Curse doesnt seem to support:

A place for a direct link to the KSP Forum Release thread....

When you host a mod there, on ALL the several "project" pages, NOT ONE SINGLE LINK goes to the KSP forum... All the links just go to more confusing pages on Curse... And WTH are "shareables"?!?... Who cares about THAT?!... All I ask is a single DIRECT LINK to the KSP Forum Release Thread for the mod... I mean, Squad went with, and officially supports Curse.... Yet Curse cant do the same for Squad?!?.... They have one "Official Forums" link at the top of all Curse pages, that just links to the main KSP Forum List page... BIG DEAL...

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Here's another simple thing I totally appreciate that Curse doesnt seem to support:

A place for a direct link to the KSP Forum Release thread....

When you host a mod there, on ALL the several "project" pages, NOT ONE SINGLE LINK goes to the KSP forum... All the links just go to more confusing pages on Curse... And WTH are "shareables"?!?... Who cares about THAT?!... All I ask is a single DIRECT LINK to the KSP Forum Release Thread for the mod... I mean, Squad went with, and officially supports Curse.... Yet Curse cant do the same?!?.... They have one "Official Forums" link at the top of all Curse pages, that just links to the main KSP Forum List page... BIG DEAL...

Indeed, the only way to direct people to the forum is by explicitly mention it in the description. Seems to me it was a conscious choice of curse not to link to any external site.

• 3 months later...

It is now June 2016, and there is still no sign of KSP support from curse, even though it was promised two years ago. 

I'm starting to think that maybe they don't plan to make KSP support for curse, which is a huge shame, because they did such a good job for minecraft and WoW. Run disappointed.exe

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2016 at 4:56 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

TIL 21 months = "more than 2 years".

I found this thread when searching for an update on the curse client supporting KSP, because I remember way back hearing about this. I wanted to play KSP again, but since the curse client being officially the mod manager for KSP and it's not even supported, finding this thread years later doesn't seem to bode very well. The other site excrements down, and I've not even heard of the 3rd.

Funny that it's almost 1 year to the day and this thread is the top result for 'ksp curse client'

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.