[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

9 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

I have this mod installed, and Im still getting stock contracts to launch space stations - at least, I assume they are stock. I have one contract to Launch the The Mun Space Station, as well as several other contracts to launch a new space station around Duna/Minmus/Ike. Should those other contracts be disabled?

That confused me a bit too - until I realized that the mod is more than just for space stations that only orbit Kerbin. Perhaps a name change would be in order?

8 hours ago, severedsolo said:

If they say "launch the <body> space station! They are mine. If they say "launch a new space station in orbit of <body>" or similar, they are stock. 

To answer your original question, yes stock missions should be disabled.

I just checked and the stock disabler is definitely turned on, so if it's not working please report it to nightingale 

Im not sure what happened, but Ive not gotten any more of them after they expired. If it happens again Ill save a copy of the persistence file and report it, but at the moment I dont really have any information to track it down with other than "contracts were generated that should be disabled".

15 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Im not sure what happened, but Ive not gotten any more of them after they expired. If it happens again Ill save a copy of the persistence file and report it, but at the moment I dont really have any information to track it down with other than "contracts were generated that should be disabled".

@nightingale - disabledContractType may still not be working. I've noticed this myself, but didn't report it as I thought I'd messed it up by manually fiddling with the settings.

In other news: for CKAN users on 1.0.4 the problem with version 3.0.2 will shortly be fixed. The CKAN guys are sorting it out, and once this issue is closed, 3.0.2 will no longer be offered for 1.0.4 users. Those of you already affected may need to uninstall KSS and re-install to get the right version.

7 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Just gotten a few more of those contracts so I guess its definitely not working as intended for me.

I've gotten a few reports of this, please see this post on the Contract Configurator thread if you're able to provide more details.

I have CKAN offering to upgrade KSS from 3.0.3 to 1:3.0.3 (yes, the version looks like this). But I didn't find any recent changes with such a version number. Is it a CKAN issue or was there any silent update?

Right you lovely lot: Base Construction integration is in the final phase of testing and has been merged into the main branch.

This means that you won't be seeing any bug fixes until I've finished testing, but please keep reporting as you find them, and I'll do a big release once I'm done.

We're nearly there!

A Pre-release of Bases and Stations (the new name for Kerbin Space Station) 3.1 is now available if anyone would like to test it (I know @linuxgurugamer expressed an interest):

Bases and Stations 3.1b1

Integrated CosmoBro's Base Construction pack into Kerbin Space Station.

Alot of changes have been made, but the core "Base Construction" gameplay remains.

Main Changes:

• All contracts simplified so you don't have to follow a specific path to get there. All that matters is the end result.
  • Removed Outpost Missions - not necessary because all contracts will generate for all bases, regardless of whether created as part of this pack.
  • M700 no longer unlocks early, bases are available once you get the M700 no sooner. (I am open to unlocking the M700 early if you stick a station in orbit - subject to feedback)
  • You no longer need a rover specifically to prospect a new base site. A lander will do, as long as you set Vessel Type to Rover.
  • Probably other stuff I've forgotten.
  • Requires CC 1.9.1 or higher.

Still do do

• Rewards are horribly unbalanced, Need to fix this before release.
  • Use the Comms Lost mission on KSS - because it's cool.
  • Check all missions have targetBody set to make sure everything it scales.

Known issues

• Rewards (as mentioned above)
  • Science Expansion will generate indefinitely - fairly certain this is a CC bug, and should be fixed soon I hope.

Download it HERE

Edited by severedsolo

Sounds great, @severedsolo!  I love your pack, and I'm about to start a new career game with some new mods.  Will these be compatible with your mod?  My partial list includes Probus's Engineering Tech Tree, DMagic's Orbital Science, Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts and Universal Storage mods, and maybe the Kerbal Planetary Base System.  

Thanks for all your hard work on your excellent mod!

27 minutes ago, Mister Spock said:

Sounds great, @severedsolo!  I love your pack, and I'm about to start a new career game with some new mods.  Will these be compatible with your mod?  My partial list includes Probus's Engineering Tech Tree, DMagic's Orbital Science, Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts and Universal Storage mods, and maybe the Kerbal Planetary Base System.  

Thanks for all your hard work on your excellent mod!

Generally speaking Contract Packs don't conflict with other mods. The only time you may get issues is if a contract asks for specific parts/part modules. If the mods use their own modules (and I haven't specifically told the contract to look for them) you may get issues.

In that case, just ask though.

14 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Generally speaking Contract Packs don't conflict with other mods. The only time you may get issues is if a contract asks for specific parts/part modules. If the mods use their own modules (and I haven't specifically told the contract to look for them) you may get issues.

In that case, just ask though.

Will do.  Thanks!  

Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.1 Released!

This is a massive update. So massive that I feel that the minor version number change isn't doing it justice. However, I'm going to use proper versioning, unlike SOME companies I won't mention, and this is compatible with previous versions so it's a minor increment.

Name Change / Headline Feature

• Merged CosmoBro's Base Construction with Kerbin Space Station. This means the pack has a new name: Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (installation path is unchanged so CKAN doesn't get confused).

Base Construction Changes from the original

• Missions will generate for all Bases, regardless of whether they were built using this pack.
  • Outpost Missions removed as they have been rendered irrelevant by the above.
  • Simplified contracts. How you get there no longer matters, just the end result.
  • The M700 will no longer unlock early. Instead you'll have to wait til you have it to start building bases. (note this doesn't stop you building your own bases, and getting maintenance contracts. You just won't get contracts to build bases until you unlock the M700)
  • Fixed a million (might be exaggerating a little) validation errors.
  • Tons of other stuff I've probably forgotten about. I've tried to keep it as close to the original as possible, while making it easy to maintain. Hopefully you won't notice many gameplay changes.

Licensing
License updated to CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0. This isn't a massive change, it just means you can't use the pack for commercial purposes, and clarifies what "appropriate attribution" means.

Base Construction used under the MIT License and is available here: https://github.com/CosmoBro/BaseConstruction

I have exercised my right to sublicense - and have sublicensed Base Construction under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 as per the rest of the pack. In practice, this basically means you can't use Base Construction (as presented here) for commercial purposes, and have to give both myself and CosmoBro appropriate credit. You are of course free to use the original under MIT as I did.

Edited by severedsolo

48 minutes ago, garwel said:

Wow, great news! Is it safe to update when I have an active KSS contract?

Should be. I haven't touched any KSS contracts, just added the new Base Construction ones.

As a general rule: minor version changes (x.0.x - x.1) are fine to update. If there is a major version change (1.x - 2.x) then that's the point you should make sure you have finished all your contracts up.

Actually; yes definitely, I just updated myself and have active KSS contracts, they were unaffected.

Edited by severedsolo

Hey, awesome work on your mod, I really love it. However, ever since v1.05, I've never been able to get any contracts other than 'scan body for base location', and those only started showing up after your most recent update. I've also tried with a fresh save, absolutely no luck. I've tried disabling all my other contract packs (including vanilla) and that just leaves my mission control window empty.

6 hours ago, LemonSkin said:

Hey, awesome work on your mod, I really love it. However, ever since v1.05, I've never been able to get any contracts other than 'scan body for base location', and those only started showing up after your most recent update. I've also tried with a fresh save, absolutely no luck. I've tried disabling all my other contract packs (including vanilla) and that just leaves my mission control window empty.

There is nothing in this mod that can cause that. I have heard stories of this happening if you upgrade from a 1.0.4 save, or are running outdated versions of Asteroid Day so check those.

Pinging @nightingale and @Arsonide who may be able to help further - but I suspect they will ask for logs.

Edit; It's entirely possible I misread your post. Are you not getting any contracts at all? Or just Bases and Stations ones?

Edited by severedsolo

15 hours ago, severedsolo said:

There is nothing in this mod that can cause that. I have heard stories of this happening if you upgrade from a 1.0.4 save, or are running outdated versions of Asteroid Day so check those.

Pinging @nightingale and @Arsonide who may be able to help further - but I suspect they will ask for logs.

Edit; It's entirely possible I misread your post. Are you not getting any contracts at all? Or just Bases and Stations ones?

I'm only not receiving Bases and Stations contracts.

I've tested it on a brand new save, running no other mods other than Module Manager, mini-AVC and a couple of contract packs (excluding Useful Space Stations). I've never used Asteroid Day either. Are there conditions for the mod to begin offering contracts? In my most recent test, I used the cheat menu to complete the initial 'milestone' contracts on a fresh save and gave myself science points, funds and reputation. That said, using the cheat menu to force complete the milestone contracts was buggy to say the least (the game just kept on spitting the same back the same 3 or 4 starting contracts).

@nightingale Yes, that means disabling stock contracts in via Contract Configurator. I am unsure where logs for game sessions that haven't crashed are stored. Or would I just be copy-pasting the contents of the debug tab in the cheat menu?

Thanks for getting back to me all!

1 hour ago, LemonSkin said:

@nightingale Yes, that means disabling stock contracts in via Contract Configurator. I am unsure where logs for game sessions that haven't crashed are stored. Or would I just be copy-pasting the contents of the debug tab in the cheat menu?

Thanks for getting back to me all!

Easiest would be KSP.log in the Kerbal Space Program directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerbal Space Program or something slightly different for steam or non-windows)

@LemonSkin - Bases and Stations will not offer you contracts until you are capable of performing them.

So to get the Core Station mission you must have the following unlocked:

• Solar Panels
  • Science Lab (either stock or Station Science)
  • Docking ports

Maintenance missions will generate once you have a station (and it's marked as "station" on the map).

For Base MIssions, you won't see any of those until you've done an orbital survey (except for the "scan for a new base") mission you mentioned.

Edited by severedsolo