[1.0.5] regex's Useful Mod Emporium

regex

On 4/16/2016 at 11:18 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Is anybody doing Tanklock?  If not, I'll have a look.

Linuxgurugamer

Funny, I deleted the source for Tank Lock the other day.  vOv  It was a stupid simple mod, should be very easy to ressurrect.

On 4/6/2016 at 5:18 PM, Andem said:

On Kerbal Renamer, what do I do if I only want a specific last name for the kerbals, and want the first name generator to stay?

Just have one last name key.  The mod works by randomly choosing amongst the given keys.  You can artificially weight by adding the same key multiple times.

On KSC Switcher, how do I get new KSCs to show up? Do I need them on a seperate file? How do I add it to the primary config?

However you want.  If you are using RSS it blows out the list and installs its own, so I would suggest a MM script to add new ones that respects RSS (instructions earlier in the thread).  The next version will only have KSC for Kerbin, anyone else will have to install their own.

Note:

Again, control has been passed to the RO group, whom I am a part of and help as I have energy.  Sometimes I want to mod, sometimes I don't, sometimes I'm slogging through a terrible language like XQuery at work for a year.  One thing I don't want is to feel pressured by updates because that leads to burnout and burnout is terrible when you code for a living.  This update was comparably chill and I made Renamer work the way I wanted it too, finally.

But there's a reason I'm not paying attention to this thread.  If you have a question about one of the mods you can generally find me on IRC during PST weekdays (#RO and a few others) or you can read through this relatively short thread for explanations already given.

Enjoy.

Edited by regex

9 minutes ago, regex said:

Funny, I deleted the source for Tank Lock the other day.  vOv  It was a stupid simple mod, should be very easy to ressurrect.

Just have one last name key.  The mod works by randomly choosing amongst the given keys.  You can artificially weight by adding the same key multiple times.

However you want.  If you are using RSS it blows out the list and installs its own, so I would suggest a MM script to add new ones that respects RSS (instructions earlier in the thread).  The next version will only have KSC for Kerbin, anyone else will have to install their own.

Note:

Again, control has been passed to the RO group, whom I am a part of and help as I have energy.  Sometimes I want to mod, sometimes I don't, sometimes I'm slogging through a terrible language like XQuery at work for a year.  One thing I don't want is to feel pressured by updates because that leads to burnout and burnout is terrible when you code for a living.  This update was comparably chill and I made Renamer work the way I wanted it too, finally.

But there's a reason I'm not paying attention to this thread.  If you have a question about one of the mods you can generally find me on IRC during PST weekdays (#RO and a few others) or you can read through this relatively short thread for explanations already given.

Enjoy.

I have the source for tank lock, I'll be releasing it on Monday

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I made a KerbalRenamer.cfg custom config to add Chinese Kerbals to KSP for my RP-0 playthrough with the Chinese launch sites. I want to share them with you guys. Can someone tell me how? I was thinking about putting in on GitHub or pastebin. Should I create my own repository or fork something? Excuse my silliness, I am completely new to this.

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

@Three_Pounds if you fork the repo and push your changes, you can then create a pull request which we can merge, and then it's in the mod for next release. :)

Roger! I created the fork and made the changes. Now there are three nationalities in the *.cfg: Russian, American and Chinese. If we merge the branches then this will be the file everyone is getting by default right? I assume not everyone wants that. How could we keep this optional?

Does anyone else get problems with KSC Switcher and Dark Multiplayer? Meaning you are not able to switch sites and you are stuck in Cape Canaveral, even if you last saved at a different location (Baikonur for example), when you re-load from a flight it moves you back to the Cape and you cannot switch to any other site unless you edit the save file. I have this issue on a clean install with only real solar and DMP. KSC Switcher works perfect until I install that mod.

@NathanKell is correct, just add a new node using Module Manager.  Once you have the names in there take a look at the existing flag textures and create a <culturename>.png file for it and put it in the same place as the others.  I don't know how it will handle spaces or capitalization so it would probably be best to name your culture something like "chinese" and then use a "chinese.png" texture.  Adding other cultures (I had a French one for testing at one point) is the same.

Edited by regex

Can anyone help with the issue I'm having while trying to switch launch sites? I made a simple config for KSCSwitcher and I'll go to the map and try to switch to the launch site I made. When I click on the site nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Here is my config:

KSCSWITCHER
{
	DefaultSite = ksc
	LaunchSites
	{
		Site
		{
			name = ksc
			displayName = Kerbal Space Center
			description = When Kerbals dream of space their first thought is often of Kerbal Space Center, the de facto home of spaceflight for the peoples of Kerbin.
			PQSCity
			{
				KEYname = KSC
				latitude = 19.7754
				longitude = -110.1929
				repositionRadiusOffset = 53
				repositionToSphereSurface = false
				reorientFinalAngle = 68.55
				lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
			}
			PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				radius = 10000
				heightMapDeformity = 80
				absoluteOffset = 0
				absolute = true
				latitude = 19.7754
				longitude = -110.1929
			}
		}
		Site
		{
			name = els
			displayName = Equatorial Launch Site
			description = The lower latitude of this lauch site makes it easier to launch into an equatorial orbit.
			PQSCity
			{
				KEYname = ELS
				latitude = -2.2632
				longitude = 78.6182
				repositionRadiusOffset = 53
				repositionToSphereSurface = false
				reorientFinalAngle = 346.4
				lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
			}
			PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				radius = 10000
				heightMapDeformity = 180
				absoluteOffset = 1
				absolute = true
				latitude = -2.2632
				longitude = 78.6182
			}
		}
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Does each launch site disapear when you switch to another? I had the unfortunate incident of trying to land on a runway elsewhere on the globe, only to find no KSC...

Edited by SirusKing

51 minutes ago, SirusKing said:

Does each launch site disapear when you switch to another? I had the unfortunate incident of trying to land on a runway elsewhere on the globe, only to find no KSC...

Yes, this mod just moves the KSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have a question, how do you translate the elevation above sea level for a site from the Kerbin map into the parameters used by KSC Switcher?  So far my first test alternate KSC (I'm guessing it's the decal thingy) keeps appearing about 211m above the ground for a site 185m above sea level.  I made a quickie rover and dropped off the edge to land on the flat area below, and the altitude there was 2-3m.

I'll keep plugging away at it, but was wondering if there was a standard calculation to determine what to put into the parameters.  I'm using version 0.5 for 1.0.5.

Edited by Laguna

Where can one download just KSC Switcher for v1.1.2 / 3? I looked in the Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System recommended mods but I didn't see anything about it. Probably missed it, if it's there, due to to severe lack of sleep. If anyone would be so kind as to link me or tell me where to find it, I'd be very much grateful!

4 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

Where can one download just KSC Switcher for v1.1.2 / 3? I looked in the Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System recommended mods but I didn't see anything about it. Probably missed it, if it's there, due to to severe lack of sleep. If anyone would be so kind as to link me or tell me where to find it, I'd be very much grateful!

You can get it here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KSCSwitcher/releases