How Much Time Have You Spent Playing KSP?

SelectHalfling0

Steam says 463 hours.

All of them before I discovered OpenGL mode and started modding my 0.25 install properly.

I'm gunning for 1000 at least by now :blush:

- - - Updated - - -

Currently I have 463 hours played.

SNAP!

• 3 years later...
  • Steam has listed 2,300 hours (a little over that).
  • I also play 1.3 outside of Steam, and that averages about 10 hours a week; so there's another 1,000 hours or so. Been doing this for a while)
  • I also mod for the game, and in testing the mod, I do some poking around for another 5 hours a week.   (Been doing this for a year)

So, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of around 5,000 hours.

I've got 1563 hours logged in Steam, but I stopped using that to launch the game about 3 years ago (bought it 4 years ago). I don't play the game as much as I did in the 1st year, but I'd guess I've got around 3000 hours in the game by now.

I know others have played longer than that, but it's kind of crazy that I've probably played for the equivelent of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, for 18 months.

Edited by purpleivan

There's been times (when I wasn't working) when I was putting in entire days, from morning till late late night, for days on end. Then when I wasn't doing all day sessions, I was still playing every day and I don't think you can play KSP meaningfully with anything less than a 3 hour stint. Been playing since 2012 (although sadly much less in the last couple years)...I'm sure I'm over the 5k hour mark by now.  Never play on steam so I (thankfully) don't actually know, or I might be rather concerned! 
edit: That's not considering the time I put into KerbalX or mods.

Edited by katateochi

I didn't have the game on Steam for years, and for the years since I got it on Steam as well, I've played the actual Steam version for 8 hours. About half of that was beta testing, and the other half was testing my missions.

I would guess I've played at least 2000 hours all told, but that could easily be off by 1000 in the positive direction, or ... well I don't think much in the negative direction if any chance at all. No, I think 2000 is a lowball estimate.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I didn't have the game on Steam for years, and for the years since I got it on Steam as well, I've played the actual Steam version for 8 hours. About half of that was beta testing, and the other half was testing my missions.

I would guess I've played at least 2000 hours all told, but that could easily be off by 1000 in the positive direction, or ... well I don't think much in the negative direction if any chance at all. No, I think 2000 is a lowball estimate.

You could say: That's alotta hours!

• 2 weeks later...

How much time?   Ooooohhh LOTS!  Not as much time as many here, but at a guess 2 to 3 thousand hours

Been playing since v18.3 (5 1/2 years iirc)  less intensely nowadays, but still play regularly.

Edited by pandaman

95% of the time, I launch it through the .exe instead if steam. So the steamclock might not be so accurate. It says 500+ hours. But my own rough estimate would count it at 3000 to 3400+ hours since I got it in dec 2016.

Last game I sunk so much time in, Minecraft. Sandbox games are just endless fun :D

Edited by GrandProtectorDark

On Steam I have almost 1000 hours logged. But, since I start directly from the executableto save resources on my quasi-potato, I have no idea of the real time spent...

Although I have so many hours, I've never gone very far from KSOI (only a fly-by of Eve and Duna), due to littlw free time and the habit of restarting career with every new version...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.