[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Looking forward to the update!! (I know you had exams, but I was getting a bit worried.)

i can't wait for the science IVA, and I'm really hoping the next update fixes the non-transparent window glow. I'm not a huge fan of the laggy clear glass, and I LOVE things that light up, so I was thrilled to see you had lighted all of your windows and heartbroken when they all stopped working.

Looking forward to the update!! (I know you had exams, but I was getting a bit worried.)

i can't wait for the science IVA, and I'm really hoping the next update fixes the non-transparent window glow. I'm not a huge fan of the laggy clear glass, and I LOVE things that light up, so I was thrilled to see you had lighted all of your windows and heartbroken when they all stopped working.

Don't worry the windows will be lighted again. That is already fixed in my work-version. :wink: It is really good that RPM now supports the ability to toggle the transparent windows off. In that way ppl don't have to delete the config files to make the windows opaque again.

Sooo it's update time again....finally :D

rbbJeh0.png

wSWLZoe.png

Changelog:

v0.2.5

New IVA:

• [*=1]Added the IVA for the Laboratory

Enhancements:

• [*=1]Moved the parts in the techtree to more reasonable nodes
    [*=1]Renamed the gangway parts to corridor

Mod Support:

• [*=1]Added support for DeepFreeze (Cryopods and Container). Thanks to JPLRepo and MerlinsMaster for them!
    [*=1]Added support for Community-Tech-Tree
    [*=1]Updated support for RPM to be compatible with switchable window transparency

Bug-Fixes:

• [*=1]The small inline modular storage is now also labeled as "inline"
    [*=1]Fixed emissive lights for the deployable modules
    [*=1]Fixed the inverted wheel direction
    [*=1]The greenhouse is now visible in the Mod filter again
    [*=1]Added the missing CoM offsets for the last containers

A special thanks goes to JPLRepo and MerlinsMaster for the DeepFreeze parts. I'd also like to thank JPLRepo for the support in making the extendable modules compatible with the RPM update.

All credits for the Deepfreeze parts go to JPLRepo and MerlinsMaster. The parts are licensed under:

License - Creative Commons 4.0 Share-Alike Attribution Non-Commercial license

Download

The source code is included in the "Plugins" Folder

From KerbalStuff

From CurseForge

The example craft is updated now too:

Example Craft

Please let me know when you find any bugs :)

Edited by Nils277

:D :d :D yeeeesssss!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So Nils, what's next?

Some new parts i guess...An airlock for the base-profile, a fuelcell container and some more. I don't really have a plan yet what to add.

Great work! Hope your exams went well.

Jep, they went well...i completed my studies and now graduated :D

For some reason Hab Mk2's lights don't work.

Oh maaan...that was one of the first things that were fixed...i must have mad something wrong when i applied the changes for the new RPM compatibility.

Niice update mate! Nice mod in general, my favourite base builder :) And in that contect, I got a suggestion! Modules able to place under your current line, expanding your base in height, making it 3/4 mk3 formfactor.

Do you understand, or should I draw a picture?

Can you just release a hot fix? How hard can it be?

It is already fixed in the development version. But i don't want to release a new version for every little bug. The release it not even 14h out and maybe there are more bugs that need to be fixed.

Patience you must have young padawan

- Yoda

It's never as simple as "just making a hotfix"...

With code, such as a plugin, the development version will have undergone many changes, changes that cannot just be added to the existing code as it'd break it, and that may themselves have broken other things so the dev code isn't in a releasable state.

The same goes for parts, the ones being developed aren't ready until they are ready and have been tested to not break the existing release.

Then there is the support issue, do you support the current release, the current plus "hotfix", do you refuse to support the current release without the fix? It's much less of a headache to make sure things are working then release the update as a whole.

And a "hotfix" isn't a small thing despite the name, it's still a patch or set of replacement files, this takes effort to make and takes effort from development, especially if the fix was a stopgap that has to be worked around when the real update comes later.

So I very much doubt Nils can make a "hotfix" for this, please be patient for the proper updated release :)

Yay for CTT support! I hope that also means SETI CTT support, love that tech tree. Also, you should ask the Base in a Box guys if they can maker some KPBS Base in a Box ships for this. That would make deployment much easier than any of my 'solutions'. Or a part that can snap to the CoM, since I have to build everything symmetrically. Also for a garage, maybe an extended service bay recolored to fit in with the KPBS line of parts.

so many caps!

Okay, but you could just make a hotfix

You could also download an older version of the mod (e.g v0.2.2) and replace the content of the PlanetaryBaseInc/Parts/Utility/habitat_mk2_g folder from version 0.2.5 with the one from version 0.2.2. This should (in theory) reenable the the lights on that part. It wouldn't have the airlock at the site and would lack a proper support for RPMs transparent windows though.

[...] Glory be to The Mods...........and Bob

I think bob is happy with his radioactive sandwich :wink: