Jump to content

[WIP][1.8.x] SSTULabs - Low Part Count Solutions (Orbiters, Landers, Lifters) - Dev Thread [11-18-18]


Recommended Posts

The SRBs on the current version seem to have invariable costs, regardless of diameter or length. Also (and sorry for repeating this question), do the different heatshield weights affect max peak heating, or do they only change the shield's ablator resource amount?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Apitoxin said:

Anyone else having the issue where the fairings don't appear? I don't think it's even a texture issue - it's like they just don't work.

Are you using 1.10? Because SSTUL isn't compatiable with 1.10. 

If you want to use SSTUL, revert back to 1.9.1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, Jimbodiah said:

@Shadowmage

I've added a cfg file with the info as shown below, but for some reason it will not show up. It's a copy of the fuels added in the SSTU ModIntegration. What am I missing?

LqdMethane is already a CRP fuel type.

The FuelType will not show in the slider for the MFT-A (LFO, Ec, MP etc) , nor will LqsMethane appear in the Container config list. Really weird.

Even tried adding :FOR[SSTU] after each definition. Heck, even added them to the SSTU files, still no cigar.

  Hide contents

SSTU_RESOURCEVOLUME
{
    name = LqdMethane
    volume = 1.0
}

SSTU_FUELTYPE
{
    name = Methalox
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = LqdMethane
        ratio = 10
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        resource = Oxidizer
        ratio = 1
    }
}

@PART[SSTU-TANK-MFT-A|SSTU-TANK-MFT-R|SSTU-TANK-MFT-LV|SSTU-TANK-MUS|SSTU-TANK-MFT-D]:AFTER[SSTU]
{
    @MODULE[SSTUVolumeContainer]
    {
        @CONTAINER,0
        {
            resource = LqdMethane
        }
    }
}
 

 

I've exposed some hidden Methalox-loving goodness in some of Nertea's mods and was looking for the relevant fuel type in SSTU myself.

(CryoTanks & Near Future Launch Vehicles)

I'll keep my eyes open...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Teslamax said:

I've exposed some hidden Methalox-loving goodness in some of Nertea's mods and was looking for the relevant fuel type in SSTU myself.

(CryoTanks & Near Future Launch Vehicles)

I'll keep my eyes open...

@Jimbodiah Your MM config works in my 1.8 save. The only thing I needed to change was the CH4/O ratio. In Nertea's methalox configs the ratio is 3:1, not 10:1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, GoldForest said:

Are you using 1.10? Because SSTUL isn't compatiable with 1.10. 

If you want to use SSTUL, revert back to 1.9.1.

Ah okay, I'd never really had version issues between KSP and SSTU Labs, so I guess I just assumed that it may have been something else. 

I'll wait til an SSTU update. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Apitoxin said:

Ah okay, I'd never really had version issues between KSP and SSTU Labs, so I guess I just assumed that it may have been something else. 

I'll wait til an SSTU update. Thank you!

Most modders have decided to wait until 1.10.1 to update their mods. You may be waiting a long time. 

I suggest reverting back to 1.9.1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So question about the SRBs. Currently on KSP v1.9.1 and SSTU v0.12.50.162
Changing the core part of the SRB which changes the length changes the thrust output only, total Solid Fuel doesn't change, mass doesn't change, and it seems that deltaV doesn't change either (implying isp is increasing) Is this working as designed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Akira_R said:

So question about the SRBs. Currently on KSP v1.9.1 and SSTU v0.12.50.162
Changing the core part of the SRB which changes the length changes the thrust output only, total Solid Fuel doesn't change, mass doesn't change, and it seems that deltaV doesn't change either (implying isp is increasing) Is this working as designed?

Doesn't sound like it; changing the length (or diameter), should change the thrust + fuel amount, while maintaining a constant burn-time and ISP.  Delta-V is irrelevant for a single part, and depends upon the configuration of the entire craft in order to make a meaningful calculation.

TLDR: Something likely broke in one of the recent KSP updates (or has simply been broken for a long time and previously unreported).  Yet another thing to add to the 'todo' list if/when I have time to return to development tasks.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, Souptime said:

Uhh this link goes to the fandom website i dunno why it just goes there

This link should work though (no clue why the posted one goes to Fandom; it shouldn't....)

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/sstu-shadow-space-technologies-unlimited

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Akira_R said:

So question about the SRBs. Currently on KSP v1.9.1 and SSTU v0.12.50.162
Changing the core part of the SRB which changes the length changes the thrust output only, total Solid Fuel doesn't change, mass doesn't change, and it seems that deltaV doesn't change either (implying isp is increasing) Is this working as designed?

 

58 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Doesn't sound like it; changing the length (or diameter), should change the thrust + fuel amount, while maintaining a constant burn-time and ISP.  Delta-V is irrelevant for a single part, and depends upon the configuration of the entire craft in order to make a meaningful calculation.

TLDR: Something likely broke in one of the recent KSP updates (or has simply been broken for a long time and previously unreported).  Yet another thing to add to the 'todo' list if/when I have time to return to development tasks.

If I'm not mistaken, the culprit is RealPlume. See my bug report: https://github.com/shadowmage45/SSTULabs/issues/823

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm doing some starship prototypes by miyself and I'm now trying to put a heatshield in the half of the tank, but doesn't exists good mods with tiles of heatshield, so I'm thinking in create a texture in SSTU to my tank where half tank will be these heatshield texture in the image and half will be the normal tank. Can someone explain to me if this possibility (of creating a new texture template for the tanks) exists? And how?

 

This heatshield is the radiator with the texture changed, but I didn't liked the result, lol.

 

The image: https://prnt.sc/u2jlb8

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, lancisman said:

When i download sstu the lander parts don't show up? How do i fix this?

@lancisman, There could be several reasons why they may not be appearing.  To help provide you support, you will need to provide a copy of your log files using a filesharing service like Dropbox and it would be helpful to provide a screenshot of your Gamedata folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hemeac said:

@lancisman, There could be several reasons why they may not be appearing.  To help provide you support, you will need to provide a copy of your log files using a filesharing service like Dropbox and it would be helpful to provide a screenshot of your Gamedata folder.

Here is a link to get my sstu file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9cuk9ff0naijvpr/AADPYgQbxk16dpmedtBmuyYla?dl=0 and here is my gamedata file https://imgur.com/a/5lJ3qzB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...