[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Couple new things! Apollo-Soyuz Test Project Docking Module, Apollo-Soyuz Test Project SM Paint Switch, and Toasted Skylab SM Paint Switch are now up on github! (Tantares is needed for the APAS 75 port and Soyuz)

screenshot302.pngscreenshot318.png
screenshot301.png

Spoiler

screenshot294.png
screenshot295.png
screenshot296.png
screenshot297.png
screenshot298.png
screenshot315.png
screenshot303.png

Edited by Invaderchaos

1 hour ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Uh, Invader....?

also does with Skylab Toasted

25 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

looks a bit too toasted

You see Bob, we don't need to bring heavy fuel if we trick engines into thinking there is fuel on board.

Edited by GoldForest

12 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

I think you're missing their point...

Sorry, I worded that post bad. I’m trying to make a Skylab cinematic video, and so I was trying to get the solar panel to break at the right moment. It would’ve broken off when in space, so I couldn’t open it in atmosphere to break it

4 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Uh, Invader....?

also does with Skylab Toasted
d4Ws1wp.png

Ugh, sorry about that. Dumb mistake on my part. I believe Zorg fixed it, so it should work.

36 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

If we're going to have an ASTP DM can we have a B9 switch for the SLA so it can attach? I assume it's a 0.9375m part?

Still figuring that out, but yea its pretty likely. And yes, it has endcap switches for 0.9375m and 0.625m. 

Are we also going to get more colour options for the Saturn 1B first stage fins? They're partially black irl.

EDIT: Also, were the ScanSat modules removed from the Apollo SIM instruments? I swear they used to have them.

Edited by TaintedLion

51 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

EDIT: Also, were the ScanSat modules removed from the Apollo SIM instruments? I swear they used to have them.

Configs are still there. I dont know of any reason why they would not be working.

Ok to be proactive before anyone says anything about Saturn IB massively struggling to carry the Apollo CSM and the ASTP docking module to orbit, I just found out the ASTP CSM’s total weight is 5,000 kg less than Skylab 3’s CSM. There will likely be another variant for SM propellant amount to reflect this. 

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

i had this a while ago as well, i belive its due to some formatting errors in the scansat config, since some of the apollo sim parts of the CFG are formatted incorrectly

So, is there a particular reason why ASTP and Skylab had slightly different service modules than lunar spacecraft? I know Skylab’s CMs had the white paint to protect them during long-duration spaceflight, but ASTP didn’t last any longer than a flight to the Moon and spent a lot less time in direct sunlight.

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

So, is there a particular reason why ASTP and Skylab had slightly different service modules than lunar spacecraft? I know Skylab’s CMs had the white paint to protect them during long-duration spaceflight, but ASTP didn’t last any longer than a flight to the Moon and spent a lot less time in direct sunlight.

Skylab CSMs were also required to enter a semidormant state and act as backup attitude control for Skylab.

6 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Ok to be proactive before anyone says anything about Saturn IB massively struggling to carry the Apollo CSM and the ASTP docking module to orbit, I just found out the ASTP CSM’s total weight is 5,000 kg less than Skylab 3’s CSM. There will likely be another variant for SM propellant amount to reflect this. 

There were also some dry weight reductions as well. Removal of unused tankage and plumbing, along with a reduction in consumables for the shorter missions being the main factors. Is there any way to reflect this? It may avoid reducing fuel amounts to unrealistic levels. 

Edited by DaveyJ576

5 hours ago, Kadermonkey said:

Something that could be interesting is the large asymmetric payload fairing, which was a concept for the atlas v heavy concept (concept-ception)

plenty of people have asked for this but its just too much time, effort and texture space for essentially a meme.

8 hours ago, x170doom said:

i had this a while ago as well, i belive its due to some formatting errors in the scansat config, since some of the apollo sim parts of the CFG are formatted incorrectly

Which errors? I couldnt spot any module manager errors (I might just be missing it) or do you mean in the SCANsat module? If there are any issues would appreciate the specifics (or a pull request ;) )

First, awesome mod, the saturn revamp is really great

i think i found a bug on the SLA, it seems that the one with the jettisonable panels have to much drag, i'm playing on KSRSS x2.5 and a saturn 1b struggle to get into LEO and the rocket tend to flip,

when using the SLA with the swing panels all is fine.

anyone can confirm this, or is it only on my side ? btw i'm not using FAR, so stock aero model

30 minutes ago, Viper2 said:

i think i found a bug on the SLA, it seems that the one with the jettisonable panels have to much drag, i'm playing on KSRSS x2.5 and a saturn 1b struggle to get into LEO and the rocket tend to flip,

anyone can confirm this, or is it only on my side ? btw i'm not using FAR, so stock aero model

Uh, for what it’s worth none of the Saturn IB launches used an SLA with blow-off panels, I believe that was exclusive to Saturn V. Only one I’m not sure about is ASTP, because it actually involved extracting something from the SLA like on the lunar missions.

8 hours ago, Viper2 said:

I experienced this on my part. Saturn IB with Skylab configuration CSM will make it to a 100x99km orbit with swing panel SLA with ~140m/s to spare, but when using jettison-able panels the vehicle will end suborbital and almost stop accelerating at about the 200-300m/s point on S-IB and end up somewhere around 30 seconds closer to apogee, 500 m/s slower and have an apogee about 25 km lower at stage separation.

Edited by Jcking