Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

Where is that texture from?  SVE?  Looks pretty cool

If it isn't, we are in ENTIRELY the wrong thread. Or he is. Or someone is.

...what were we talking about?

2 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

If it isn't, we are in ENTIRELY the wrong thread. Or he is. Or someone is.

...what were we talking about?

If it is from SVE I don't know why he worded it that way.  I'll have to play later and see if I'm just losing my mind

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

Where is that texture from?  SVE?  Looks pretty cool

Yeah its from a pre release version of sve, if you want to try them make sure you sign up to test things :wink: 

On 2/15/2016 at 5:34 PM, sDaZe said:

You guys are going to love the new jool clouds, they look amazing. Here are some dev screenshots. Thanks for letting me Dev test @Nhawks17 Keep in mind these arent finished yet and anything can change

Some old pictures of the textures here. Also glad to see i confused everyone XDDDD 

Edited by sDaZe

21 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Willing, if it's a relatively simple process. I did a lot of texture work back in the Jedi Academy (and JK2) days, but those were all single layer textures. If you can direct me to a simple tutorial (or, even better, specific directions using the currently installed assets), I have both PS and the nVidia tools to go with it, which I know has at least SOME cube map related items. Standing by for word...

EDIT: Also, I feel compelled to point out that PSCS6 is availiable from Adobe direct for about 10 a month on a recurring subscription. I know not everyone has the money to do so, but in case this had escaped your notice, I thought I'd throw that out there.

It's quite a process getting it right. It's all good though. I'll be able to handle it, just will take a little longer for that to be incorporated :P 

7 hours ago, Berlin said:

azTfrPM.pngneTjYo7.pngOuLhSL0.png

What @Nhawks17 @blackrack and @rbray89 have been able to accomplish is amazing.  It's beginning to become difficult to tell ksp from reality. Great job guys. 

Whoa

6 hours ago, MatoroIgnika said:

I know you've heard me fanboying out over SVE on stream, Nhawks. But man, I just want to put my appreciation for what you are doing with it here in the topic.

As a streamer I very much value the presentation, and SVE just helps improve the presentation of KSP so so much. So thank you for maintaining SVE and bringing such fantastic visuals to a stock scale. <3

And deeeefinitely looking forward to that next update. :wink: 

<3 I'll get that update out soon I promise :P 

5 hours ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

First, let me say that this mod is simply gorgeous! You've done an incredible job revamping the stock system without sacrificing too much performance. So, thank you for continuing to update this mod into 1.1 pre-release.

Now, I have seen one problem with mod so far: Eve looks far too pink (Ignore my ship undergoing unplanned disassembly):

DoIkwEB.png

vKuaPYy.png

I am running the latest 1.1 pre-release, Windows 64 bit version. I am also using the High-Resolution version of SVE.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is an issue with my configs. Next update will fix this.

5 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

*shameless plug*

Check out my latest cinematic, made with this beautiful mod!

Wow.... that was an awesome video. Excellent work!

4 hours ago, sDaZe said:

So i was playing around with the new wip jool textures in 1.1 and lemme tell you, it looks amazing :D

:confused:

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Yeah its from a pre release version of sve, if you want to try them make sure you sign up to test things :wink: 

Some old pictures of the textures here. Also glad to see i confused everyone XDDDD 

That sign up is actually closed for now :blush:

@Nhawks17 hey so I looked at Endraxial's planet textures again and man do they look nice with your mod.  BUT I cannot,  for the life of me figure out why city lights turn up on literally every sing moon and planet.  It's just textures so I can't see why it's a problem.  I dunno.  Again not a huge deal at all I'm just getting  greedy now. Any suggestions? 

29 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 hey so I looked at Endraxial's planet textures again and man do they look nice with your mod.  BUT I cannot,  for the life of me figure out why city lights turn up on literally every sing moon and planet.  It's just textures so I can't see why it's a problem.  I dunno.  Again not a huge deal at all I'm just getting  greedy now. Any suggestions? 

Either a bug with Texture Replacer or EVE I'm guessing.

Just now, Nhawks17 said:

Either a bug with Texture Replacer or EVE I'm guessing.

yeah that's what I figured I disables city lights for now until I can find out what is causing it. any who.... thanks again!

UKw4Is5.png

"For it has been foretold. One day an update shall cometh. This update shall bring light, joy, and happiness to all who embraces it. It will not be a question of when this update shall come, no, the question shall be whether or not our eyes can behold the glory and power that is this update. For the one who embraces the update... is one who shall forever and ever see the glory of a not over-saturated Jool or Eve. One where the beholder can see the true glory that is the Kerbol system in the glory that is KSP 1.1. Prophets have rambled for ages on the day that this update might come into the world but nigh, it has yet to come. Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow? Maybe never? But probably today.... Like in 20 or so minutes.... So like.... get your downloads ready... cause it's coming..... Ok bye" 

- Blue Text Worshiper 

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Like in 20 or so minutes.... So like.... get your downloads ready... cause it's coming..... Ok bye" 

- Blue Text Worshiper 

It was all going great.. Until this part lmao

Update! Getcha update! The long awaited update is now here! This is (I know for a fact) the last major release before I move this baby to the Add-on Release section and give her the good ol' 1.0.0 version! So make sure you test the crap outta this and let me know if you find bugs or ugly things. All I need to do now is two things. First, get the cubemaps working. I will be testing this internally so if they work out, you'll see them in the release version, if not, you won't. Second, creating custom Scatterer configs. Right now, the planets do look a little bit off with the default Scatterer configs but they really aren't all that bad looking. Thank you all for your patience and your support! Hope everyone enjoys this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE v0.6.0 [KSP 1.1]

- Configuration file re-work

- New Jool textures

- Fixed hexagon following you in space

- All textures are now in black and white (for you @Sigma88)

- Updated bundled EVE

- Removed Jool rings (for now)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE GLORIOUS BLUE TEXT RETURNS TO ENLIGHTEN YOU

P.S. @MatoroIgnika and @DasValdez if you're using this on your stream, I'd make sure and grab the update :D 

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Update! Getcha update! The long awaited update is now here! This is (I know for a fact) the last major release before I move this baby to the Add-on Release section and give her the good ol' 1.0.0 version! So make sure you test the crap outta this and let me know if you find bugs or ugly things. All I need to do now is two things. First, get the cubemaps working. I will be testing this internally so if they work out, you'll see them in the release version, if not, you won't. Second, creating custom Scatterer configs. Right now, the planets do look a little bit off with the default Scatterer configs but they really aren't all that bad looking. Thank you all for your patience and your support! Hope everyone enjoys this!

SVE v0.6.0 [KSP 1.1]

- Configuration file re-work

- New Jool textures

- Fixed hexagon following you in space

- All textures are now in black and white (for you @Sigma88)

- Updated bundled EVE

- Removed Jool rings (for now)

THE GLORIOUS BLUE TEXT RETURNS TO ENLIGHTEN YOU

P.S. @MatoroIgnika and @DasValdez if you're using this on your stream, I'd make sure and grab the update :D 

Woot! 

On 4/16/2016 at 5:41 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Just because something is default, doesn't mean there won't be a problem :P This is a pre-release after all. KSP for Windows run default on DirectX 9

Its me again!! Good and bad news. Bad news I still have megacity kerbin. Good news eve and Jool are working normal and they look beautiful. 

10 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Its me again!! Good and bad news. Bad news I still have megacity kerbin. Good news eve and Jool are working normal and they look beautiful. 

I dunno man :/ Unless someone else reports the issue I can only say it's something you've done with your game :(

19 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

This is my settings folder. Maybe it could tell you something about the way I have my game setup. Settings.cfg https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxuyuc0bj2swm4j/settings.cfg?dl=0

a link to an uploaded version of your gamedata folder on google drive or dropbox might even be more telling, unless you're a billion percent positive that it's set up correctly

4 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Honestly I have not changed my game setting substatially at all. I have turned off Antil-Alaising, and turned the render quality down one tick of stock.

that's why uploading your gamedata folder might help. From all that you've told us, we're all stumped as to what the problem could be. Personally, I'm curious to make sure you've installed everything correctly. I'm sure you probably have, but it can never hurt to have a second set of eyes on it, no?