Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

3 minutes ago, ftoc_tx said:

Awesome job on this!

do we still need Kopernicus for this in 1.1? I saw on the OP that we need Kopernicus but it doesnt mention it in the README. 

No because kopernicus isn't updated yet and isn't compatible

1 hour ago, gkorgood said:

that's why uploading your gamedata folder might help. From all that you've told us, we're all stumped as to what the problem could be. Personally, I'm curious to make sure you've installed everything correctly. I'm sure you probably have, but it can never hurt to have a second set of eyes on it, no?

I just want make sure I upload the right thing. I open the ksp folder and copy the gamedata folder to dropbox?

22 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

everything looks right to me. gonna do some testing by downloading your folder and using it without modification. If I get the same issues, it's a problem with your installation of the gamedata folder. If not, it's something else, but at least we know it's not the installation of mods that's causing it!

4 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@Nhawks17 are there less volumetric clouds now?  Just now checking the update out. Looks great btw

Maybe? I'm not sure. I honestly haven't used the old versions in a long time. They are less bright due to the U5 update but I'm pretty sure I set the volumetric clouds the same.

Edited by Nhawks17

42 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

one thing I've noticed right off the bat is that you still have a "NASAmission" folder in GameData. That folder got dispersed into the "Squad\Parts" folder a few updates ago (the parts were moved to the appropriate folders, and the parent folder [NASAmission] was removed). You don't need that folder, unless you modified the files and prefer to use those. Just for the sake of being thorough, what version of KSP are you using (1.0.5, 1.1, etc.), in what Operating System (Windows, Mac, Linux), and using which architecture (32-bit or 64-bit)?

I'm guessing by the presence of the .DS_Store folders that you are using Mac, but I don't want to miss anything. Your particular bug, while cool looking, ruins the whole purpose of SVE.

Edited by gkorgood

21 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Maybe? I'm not sure. I honestly haven't used the old versions in a long time. They are less bright due to the U5 update but I'm pretty sure I set the volumetric clouds the same.

wYFKbzH.pngAxGIvqc.png7QFvcpt.pngwYFKbzH.pngthere are very few volumetric clouds for me. If this looks normal than great! it just is a lot less than the last version.

15 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

one thing I've noticed right off the bat is that you still have a "NASAmission" folder in GameData. That folder got dispersed into the "Squad\Parts" folder a few updates ago (the parts were moved to the appropriate folders, and the parent folder [NASAmission] was removed). You don't need that folder, unless you modified the files and prefer to use those. Just for the sake of being thorough, what version of KSP are you using (1.0.5, 1.1, etc.), in what Operating System (Windows, Mac, Linux), and using which architecture (32-bit or 64-bit)?

I'm guessing by the presence of the .DS_Store folders that you are using Mac, but I don't want to miss anything. Your particular bug, while cool looking, ruins the whole purpose of SVE.

I am using a Mac OSX EL-Capitan I am using version1.1 build 1215. I didn't realize the Nasa mission folder was no longer there. Its been there since 23.5. I figured when the game updated it would go away. So you're saying I should get rid of it? 

8 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

I am using a Mac OSX EL-Capitan I am using version1.1 build 1215. I didn't realize the Nasa mission folder was no longer there. Its been there since 23.5. I figured when the game updated it would go away. So you're saying I should get rid of it? 

I would. In fact, when is your save(s) from? I'd recommend you delete your KSP install (after backing up your save(s)/craft(s)) and reinstall entirely fresh. Then delete everything in GameData (it should just be Squad after a reinstall, but it might not be. Either way, delete Squad along with everything else) and have steam verify the installation files. It "should" redownload only what is released by Squad. Then install your mods (fresh downloads for both of them), and test again.

I've just finished the project I'm working on in KSP for the night, so I'm about to boot up your gamedata folder. Will get back to you with results when I have them. Unfortunately my OSX install hasn't been working (meant to let you know this @Nhawks17, I found out last night when I went to go test what you asked me to); the game hangs indefinitely whenever I try to enter VAB or SPH. So I'm gonna have to test this in Windows 10 @sp1989. But I'll get you my results either way.

12 minutes ago, Berlin said:

wYFKbzH.pngAxGIvqc.png7QFvcpt.pngwYFKbzH.pngthere are very few volumetric clouds for me. If this looks normal than great! it just is a lot less than the last version.

Hmmm.. I look into it

Just now, gkorgood said:

I would. In fact, when is your save(s) from? I'd recommend you delete your KSP install (after backing up your save(s)/craft(s)) and reinstall entirely fresh. Then delete everything in GameData (it should just be Squad after a reinstall, but it might not be. Either way, delete Squad along with everything else) and have steam verify the installation files. It "should" redownload only what is released by Squad. Then install your mods (fresh downloads for both of them), and test again.

I've just finished the project I'm working on in KSP for the night, so I'm about to boot up your gamedata folder. Will get back to you with results when I have them. Unfortunately my OSX install hasn't been working (meant to let you know this @Nhawks17, I found out last night when I went to go test what you asked me to); the game hangs indefinitely whenever I try to enter VAB or SPH. So I'm gonna have to test this in Windows 10 @sp1989. But I'll get you my results either way.

No worries. Thanks for helping

Ok so I deleted my entire gamedata folder. Reinstalled KSP. Verified the integrity my game cache. Re-downloaded and reinstalled scatterer and sve, and Megacity-Kerbin still stands. I gotta believe it must have something to do with OGL. If thats the case then frack.  

@gkorgood

Edited by sp1989

4 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Ok so I deleted my entire gamedata folder. Reinstalled KSP. Verified the integrity my game cache. Re-downloaded and reinstalled scatterer and sve, and Megacity-Kerbin still stands. I gotta believe it must have something to do with OGL. If thats the case then frack.  

@gkorgood

Could always get a pc :D

I never see anything but problems with ksp and macs

Edited by Berlin

9 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

@gkorgood

I'm actually not seeing your issue on windows. but I'm also not seeing any clouds whatsoever. very very strange. gonna try mac shortly. if it's opengl, it would make sense i wouldn't be seeing it, windows 1.1 doesn't support opengl at the moment

@Berlin is right though @sp1989, you could setup bootcamp. It's how I run KSP, and you wouldn't even have to pay for it. The ISO is free from Microsoft, and if you sign up for the betas, from which you can choose bleeding edge, pretty much stable, or one build ahead of release. I use bleeding edge (Fast ring), and I haven't had too many issues. Not enough to get me to want to switch. And all of the betas are free, as long as you stay on the betas.

6 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

I'm actually not seeing your issue on windows. but I'm also not seeing any clouds whatsoever. very very strange. gonna try mac shortly. if it's opengl, it would make sense i wouldn't be seeing it, windows 1.1 doesn't support opengl at the moment

@Berlin is right though @sp1989, you could setup bootcamp. It's how I run KSP, and you wouldn't even have to pay for it. The ISO is free from Microsoft, and if you sign up for the betas, from which you can choose bleeding edge, pretty much stable, or one build ahead of release. I use bleeding edge (Fast ring), and I haven't had too many issues. Not enough to get me to want to switch. And all of the betas are free, as long as you stay on the betas.

So if thats the case then it seems I am the only person trying to run SVE for 1.1 on mac. Because if OGL is the problem then it should be affecting all macs. 

Just now, sp1989 said:

So if thats the case then it seems I am the only person trying to run SVE for 1.1 on mac. Because if OGL is the problem then it should be affecting all macs. 

What I'd seriously recommend is deleting KSP and starting from scratch. Install JUST SVE and see if you get the problem.

Just now, Berlin said:

@gkorgood have you tested out the new SVE on Windows yet?  Did you notice less volumetric clouds? I just want to see if anyone else is having his happen before nhawks plays detective. 

No you're correct. I'm getting a new version up soon.

@sp1989, I'm seeing some weird stuff. When I use your GameData, as is, I get no clouds whatsoever, but also no MegaCity Kerbin. When I use the files I downloaded, out of my working GameData, (but only SVE and Scatterer), I have no issues. Full clouds, no megacity, it just works. so something's wrong with your files. Whether this issue is linked to megacity I couldn't tell you. I can suggest deleting the .DS_Store files, they're weird OSX stuff that seems to only cause issues wherever they go.

@sp1989 seriously, do what rbray is suggesting. Go into steam, right click on KSP and click Delete Local Content. Then, go back to where you had it installed and make sure EVERYTHING is gone, I mean EVERYTHING. Once you've done that reinstall the game through Steam and install SVE by itself.