The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Well, today is miserable, but it's the normal summer rainy crap, and not much lightning, so I'm going to try and wrap up this next chapters screenshots today, then go from there. From what I'm seeing, most of the spaghetti models now have Irma going up the coast of the Atlantic, and it's still a few days out, so hopefully I'll be able to write this next one up before things get bad.

Now the really, really hard part... thinking up a chapter title... lol.... :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, today is miserable, but it's the normal summer rainy crap, and not much lightning, so I'm going to try and wrap up this next chapters screenshots today, then go from there. From what I'm seeing, most of the spaghetti models now have Irma going up the coast of the Atlantic, and it's still a few days out, so hopefully I'll be able to write this next one up before things get bad.

Now the really, really hard part... thinking up a chapter title... lol.... :rolleyes:

Take inspiration from your surroundings, and call it "Calm Before the Storm" or "Eye of the Hurricane"

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

"The Coming Storm" Ominous and Bad-S sounding at the same time :wink:

4 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Take inspiration from your surroundings, and call it "Calm Before the Storm" or "Eye of the Hurricane"

NINJA'D!

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks! We've been through a few big storms, and luckily we're a couple dozen feet above sea level, so it's not so much flooding as the rain and winds knocking out the power. This almost always happens, and can be down for 2-3 days. So we have lots of canned food, and water and ice, and a small gas grill, and lots of propane. That's the real biggie... there have been several times I cooked breakfast on a gas-grill in the rain... it's actually kind of fun if the wind isn't too bad.

Oh, and I'll back up all the Emiko stuff (again) to a memory stick thing tomorrow... I hope we don't have to start a charity "help buy Jim a new computer" fund... but if it comes to that, I'll have backups.

More importantly, stay safe, @Just Jim! If I had to, I can do without Emiko, but bro, I don't have too many friends...

28 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

More importantly, stay safe, @Just Jim! If I had to, I can do without Emiko, but bro, I don't have too many friends...

Don't forget about me. I likely live within an hour of @Just Jim.

25 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Ahh only the best of the series... albeit there are a few expansion packs from the original that never made it to the sequel. If they did make it, then it would've truly made the game irreplaceable and perfect.

@ZooNamedGames: I had no idea. Thought you lived further north.

The NOAA has said that we, in Kentucky, might have up to 80 mph next week if the hurricane comes inland on the track they expect it to. It will actually enter middle Tennessee and head up the Cumberland River valley towards the Ohio.  Could get interesting here as well...

Well, first off...

HOLY KRAKAN KRAP!!!

Emiko Station's gone over 300,000 views!!!  :)

You people are awesome!!!!

56 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ahh only the best of the series... albeit there are a few expansion packs from the original that never made it to the sequel. If they did make it, then it would've truly made the game irreplaceable and perfect.

Yeah, I had no interest in Sims3, and don't have the $$$ to invest in all the new Sims4 expansions. Plus I have literally about 5,000 extra downloads for Sims2. It's working fine for the backstory... and after I'll probably start the entire mega-hood over from scratch.

5 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

5 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

"The Coming Storm" Ominous and Bad-S sounding at the same time

I thought about that... but if the storm turned ugly, it could be considered in bad taste. Plus... without giving too much away, a title like that is much better suited for the chapter after next... :wink:

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Don't forget about me. I likely live within an hour of @Just Jim

About 4 hours actually. And best of luck to all of you up there... and to anyone else in the path of this thing.

And good luck to everyone at @SQUAD... I'm not positive, but the tropical weather page I'm on looks like Tropical Storm Katia is maybe heading their way as well. @Badie, you and everyone else there stay safe! 

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I thought about that... but if the storm turned ugly, it could be considered in bad taste. Plus... without giving too much away, a title like that is much better suited for the chapter after next... :wink:

I think you'll be okay; People have already made a bajillion memes about Harvey (Mainly Steve Harvey photoshopped on Hurricane Harbor) and Jose is equally meme-worthy (Good thing [insert billionaire president here] won't let Jose in the US, etc. etc.). Also, 2 chapters from now? Do tell :wink:

54 minutes ago, Badie said:

Thanks Jim! 

We will be ok just a lot of rain in this days :wink: 

That good to hear. With everyone talking about Irma here, we're not really getting a lot of news about Katia. Be safe! :)

Edited by Just Jim

Well, today was not a good day... don't really want to talk about it... ;.;

But we're about as ready as we can be for the storm, and there's nothing anyone can do now but wait and see exactly what direction it turns in a couple days. So I only need about a dozen more screenshots for the end of the next chapter. I'll try and pick them off tomorrow, and if possible get them sorted and uploaded before the fun begins.

34 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, today was not a good day... don't really want to talk about it... ;.;

But we're about as ready as we can be for the storm, and there's nothing anyone can do now but wait and see exactly what direction it turns in a couple days. So I only need about a dozen more screenshots for the end of the next chapter. I'll try and pick them off tomorrow, and if possible get them sorted and uploaded before the fun begins.

Prepare your gravioli wormhole in case something bad happens.

Well, I've got about all the screenshots I need, but there's just too much going on, and I just can't really focus on writing right now, sorry.

So after the storm is over I'll get it written up and posted.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

Well, I've got about all the screenshots I need, but there's just too much going on, and I just can't really focus on writing right now, sorry.

So after this storm is over I'll get it written up and posted.

What I am going to say is not meant to be mean or inconsiderate of others, but don't worry about it. Emiko isn't your life.  You've got some bad weather heading your way and I'd rather see you on the other side of this storm rather than read you are now a statistic in hurricane casualty numbers because you were typing out the next chapter...

15 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

You've got some bad weather heading your way and I'd rather see you on the other side of this storm rather than read you are now a statistic in hurricane casualty numbers because you were typing out the next chapter...

That's not gonna happen. Actually the latest forecast has it down to almost a Cat-1 by the time it gets here. And that's not supposed to be until late Sunday. So I've got time to write one up between now and then if I wanted.

But with everything going on, I'm getting a little scatterbrained. 

One other good thing, we just talked with both our neighbors, and their also staying, so we'll be able to watch over each other if it gets rough. We got good neighbors... :)

OK, I don't want to disappear for a couple days without giving y'all something... so before things here get too interesting, I'll leave y'all with a big teaser from the next chapter.... and answer @obney kerman...

On 9/4/2017 at 10:12 AM, obney kerman said:

The platypus?

The Planetary Long-range Amphibious Transport - 1

Which Emiko immediately re-maned the Platypus.

Capable of 50+ m/s on land... easy... 25+ m/s on the water... and well over 80+ m/s on the flat polar ice!

G9eKeMM.png

XGlm7nd.png

iN1QSQM.png

On 06/09/2017 at 9:47 PM, Just Jim said:

Well, first off...

HOLY KRAKAN KRAP!!!

Emiko Station's gone over 300,000 views!!!  :)

You people are awesome!!!!

Thats almost the population of Iceland.

Just let that sink in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.