Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

30 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

So are we go or not?

I couldn't find the ships on Zekes page, unless you were referring to the space ships which I can just use as sea ships. I can just make one from scratch with a smaller detachable boat inside to actually retrieve the pod and bring it back.

1 hour ago, MysteriousSteve said:

Ah, great, I've been promoted to the position of "Screaming Green Astronaut"

More like smiling.  I set you to BadS when I made the Kerbal.

Flight, GNC (Capsule) reports no go at this time.

GNC notes that its kOS program is not mission-critical on this flight, and Scorpius I can be flown in fly-by-wire mode if the control program isn't tested and edited into working order by flight day,

28 minutes ago, ILikeIke said:

Flight, GNC (Capsule) reports no go at this time.

GNC notes that its kOS program is not mission-critical on this flight, and Scorpius I can be flown in fly-by-wire mode if the control program isn't tested and edited into working order by flight day,

Understood and noted.

I've got a rocket that just did it's first test flight. It's Herox I without the 3rd stage propulsion system. With some good flying this should get you to a nice orbit with a little bit of Delta V to spare in case something goes wrong. This booster will give you a ride to orbit, space craft is recommended to have an onboard propulsion system for final orbital adjustments and a de-orbit burn.

Right now I'm finishing up stuff and getting screenshots uploaded. Will report back with album soonTM.

Just now, Sequinox said:

I've got a rocket that just did it's first test flight. It's Herox I without the 3rd stage propulsion system. With some good flying this should get you to a nice orbit with a little bit of Delta V to spare in case something goes wrong. This booster will give you a ride to orbit, space craft is recommended to have an onboard propulsion system for final orbital adjustments and a de-orbit burn.

Right now I'm finishing up stuff and getting screenshots uploaded. Will report back with album soonTM.

What's the tonnage?  3 to LEO?

Just now, CliftonM said:

What's the tonnage?  3 to LEO?

It's in that range. I would say slightly more because I have to be able to spare some Delta V in order to keep the vehicle below 3 Gs You'll have a little bit of room for error.

Just now, Sequinox said:

It's in that range. I would say slightly more because I have to be able to spare some Delta V in order to keep the vehicle below 3 Gs You'll have a little bit of room for error.

Understood.  Thank you very much!

6 minutes ago, Sequinox said:

It might take manual adjustments, however. I had to point down to keep my time to AP down so I didn't end up in a highly eccentric orbit.

OK.  We'll figure something out.  If all else fails, we can use the other booster with less fuel.

1 minute ago, Sequinox said:

Say hello to...

Solaris I
A launch vehicle developed by HC Orbital

This rocket should get you to orbit with fuel to spare. If needed, 2nd stage fuel tanks can have lowered fuel levels.

If @ZooNamedGames and @Dman979 approve of this, I need a craft file.  Thanks!

Just now, Dman979 said:

It looks good! I think that I can work with this pretty easily. @Sequinox, what mods does it use?

@CliftonM, I am going to start the capsule integration now. I'll send you a full mod list by tomorrow morning.

Good deal.  Please send the craft as well so I can test it on the server to make sure it doesn't block it.

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I approve, just make it fail safe.

That would be the LET, which I've replaced from the original design to one less massive. Warning- there will be a lot of FASA parts, because they look more real. If I can replace a SXT or VSR part with a FASA one, I will. The capsule is the exception, though.

@CliftonM roger.

Edited by Dman979

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.