[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

8 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

No engines have that.  Do the .cfg files have to be anywhere specific?  

No, they just need to be somewhere in the GameData folder, will you post the logs so I can look at them please.

31 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

Nada

There's no trace of RealPlume-Stock in the log. You've got the dependencies but not the configs.

In the first post of this thread, scroll down past the list of supported mods. There's a link that says Download Here in big letters. Install that. You should end up with a RealPlume-Stock folder inside Gamedata.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

There's no trace of RealPlume-Stock in the log. You've got the dependencies but not the configs.

In the first post of this thread, scroll down past the list of supported mods. There's a link that says Download Here in big letters. Install that. You should end up with a RealPlume-Stock folder inside Gamedata.

It's funny... I looked for everything else besides the configs :sticktongue: But yes, Jso is correct in the fact that the configs are not there.

Hello all.

I'd be glad if there was a way to remove smoke effects from liquid engines, like the one circled in red.
C0VS7t9.jpg
Tsyklon-4 recreation by me, Engines from Bluedog Design Bureau.

As in, keep the plume and flare, but remove the smoke effect via CFG editing.
All without having to go to the Smoke Screen settings in the toolbar.

To clarify, I mean in a way similar to removing the following line from an engine's CFG file (when RP is not present).

fx_smokeTrail

Edited by fs10inator

42 minutes ago, fs10inator said:

As in, keep the plume and flare, but remove the smoke effect via CFG editing.
All without having to go to the Smoke Screen settings in the toolbar.

Smoke-be-gone. Stick this in a cfg somewhere. No warranty.

@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[*]]:FOR[zzzRealPlume]:NEEDS[RealPlume]
{
	@EFFECTS,*
	{
		@Alcolox-Lower-A6
		{
			!MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST[smoke] {}
		}
		@Ammonialox
		{
		}
		@Hydynelox-A7
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Lower
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Upper
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower-F1
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Upper
		{
		}
		@Turbofan-Spool
		{
		}
		@Turbojet-Spool
		{
		}
	}
}

Just now, Jso said:

Smoke-be-gone. Stick this in a cfg somewhere. No warranty.

@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[*]]:FOR[zzzRealPlume]:NEEDS[RealPlume]
{
	@EFFECTS,*
	{
		@Alcolox-Lower-A6
		{
		}
		@Ammonialox
		{
		}
		@Hydynelox-A7
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Lower
		{
		}
		@Hypergolic-Upper
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Lower-F1
		{
		}
		@Kerolox-Upper
		{
		}
		@Turbofan-Spool
		{
		}
		@Turbojet-Spool
		{
		}
	}
}

Ah, perfect. Thanks!

Is it possible to have the same plume effect but on the stock version of the engine flame? For example, have the same look of the stock engine flames but as it gets higher and higher and as pressure drops the flame expands?

Just an idea.

3 hours ago, TeeGee said:

Is it possible to have the same plume effect but on the stock version of the engine flame? For example, have the same look of the stock engine flames but as it gets higher and higher and as pressure drops the flame expands?

Just an idea.

I don't think so but I'm not 100% sure on that, I'll have to look into it to be sure.

4 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Using this and SSTU, plumes are the stock ones

I'm kind of confused by your statement... Do you mean when you have SSTU installed the plumes on all engines are stock? Or are you saying that SSTU engine plumes don't have Real Plume plumes? Because if it's the latter then you should check the supported mod list ;) 

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Is the plume on the wheasley a taboo subject? Persoanlly I don't like it, its easy enough to get rid of, just wondering if there is a wheasley plume fan club?

You can go into the squad folder in the RealPlume-Stock folder and delete it if you want, or you can take a stab at making something that looks better and making a pull request for it ;)

13 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I would really like this effect by @BahamutoD to come into the jet engines, that would be fantastic, I don't think he ever released it, but real plume is where it should go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3asn9a/working_on_heat_refraction_for_exhaust_wip_mod/

Just jets? I would love it for all engines. :D Too bad we can do nothing without it being released by Baha :( 

Heh, while that would be really cool that'd be something either Felger would have to do when he returns to developing this mod or Bahamuto would have to contribute, I'm only maintaining the config side of things, not the actual plume artwork. 

Would there be any way to allow mirroring of plumes / flares? I've made plenty configs but I've run into a few situations where, without a RealPlume config, the effects mirror / appear opposite of each other. The part that's confusing is I've made configs that properly mirror, but then there are situations like this where it's the completely different situation.

That's the most recent example and by far the most frustrating since I love that part mod, but realplume would make it even better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Sequinox said:

Hello, @Nhawks17. My mod uses Real Plume for it's plume configs. We're licensed under the same license, but I would like to make sure. Would you be alright with me including your mod in a download?

Not a problem! Go right ahead.

Some strange bug came to my craft. I split it into several small probes and then there are no plumes for several engines (aerospike, spark)! but plumes work for other crafts on the launchpad.

What's happened?

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L7tcgfuAt2aDVJZTM3V1FkWm8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L7tcgfuAt2TWxpa1ZsX2VWNEE/view?usp=sharing