[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Made Space Station Freedom using HabTech2 along with a few other mods, Hope you don't mind any pictures or the video I made of it. Had to make a comprise on the S0 Connection to HAB A and LAB A so it would not look messy.  1yqeuWg.png

vGxYdxN.png

PB6e06k.png

ZOwNzrs.png

9 hours ago, cfopcuber2 said:

I have a problem with the P6 Truss, it cannot have parts radialy attached to it. Is there any fixes to this?

I doubt it will be fixed, at least not without some considerable work. As it is, the truss uses physics-less animations; so if parts could be attached to it then they would stay still while it rotated!

*IF* the truss was rejigged to use a robotics motor to drive it then it could also be rejigged to accept attachments. There would be downsides, as there are problems with robotics parts accumulating errors in position that have not yet been 100% fixed.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:17 AM, cfopcuber2 said:

I have a problem with the P6 Truss, it cannot have parts radialy attached to it. Is there any fixes to this?

4 hours ago, davide96 said:

hi, I have always the same issue...I'm not able to attach the solar panel truss, because they start to float away... @benjee10

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

49 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

How are you meant to attach the P6 Truss if it just floats away. I have been struggling with this as well

13 hours ago, davide96 said:

hi, I have always the same issue...I'm not able to attach the solar panel truss, because they start to float away... @benjee10

my best explanation for this is that the solar arrays are cursed or haunted

I'm unable to replicate this issue myself but I know lots of people have reported it. No idea what could be causing it. I am currently in the (very slow) process of completely remaking the solar array parts from the ground up, so hopefully that will fix the issue. 

Hi! I’m unsure  if the conversation above is exactly regarding this issue but I have a problem with the duo solar arrays randomly exploding when the craft is loaded… Any insight on this? I’m playing KSP 1.12.3, with RO

1 hour ago, vieju17 said:

Hi! I’m unsure  if the conversation above is exactly regarding this issue but I have a problem with the duo solar arrays randomly exploding when the craft is loaded… Any insight on this? I’m playing KSP 1.12.3, with RO

It is happening from time to time. :-/

Just a little thing to play around. In latest master tree of habtech, there are the camera masts of the ISS in there. Following patch will add cameras and servos to the mast, so you can film.

You need the Wild Blue Industries Servo Controller and HullcamVDS Continued Mods for this.

Spoiler

@PART[ht_C1_elbow,ht_C1_pitch]:NEEDS[htRobotics|ServoController]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIBGSnapshotController
		type = hinge
		debugMode = false
		servoEffectName = runningServo
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		runningServo
		{
			AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = WildBlueIndustries/ServoController/Sounds/ServoLoop
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 1.0 10.0
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
		}
	}
}

@PART[ht_C1_rotator]:NEEDS[htRobotics|ServoController]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIBGSnapshotController
		type = servo
		debugMode = false
		servoEffectName = runningServo
	}

EFFECTS
	{
		runningServo
		{
			AUDIO
			{
				channel = Ship
				clip = WildBlueIndustries/ServoController/Sounds/ServoLoop
				volume = 0.0 0.0
				volume = 1.0 10.0
				pitch = 1.0 1.0
				loop = true
			}
		}
	}
}

@PART[ht2_cameraMast]:NEEDS[HabTech2|HullcamVDSContinued]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
		cameraName = #autoLOC_HULL_PM_012 //KerbPro
		cameraTransformName = camera
		cameraForward = 0, 0, 0
		cameraUp = 0, 1, 0
		cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		cameraFoVMax = 40
		cameraFoVMin = 10
	}
}

@PART[B10_APASv2]:NEEDS[Benjee10_sharedAssets|HullcamVDSContinued]
{
	MODULE
	{
	    name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
	    cameraName = #autoLOC_HULL_PM_007 //NavCam
	    cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
	    cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
	    cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0
	    cameraFoVMax = 60
	    cameraFoVMin = 60
	    cameraMode = 1
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...

The new Z1 Truss(ST-Z Control Block) has a texture/module issue on the bottom node. Loving the new overhaled parts so far in the dev version. cant wait to see the rest done when you get the time, for now I can deal with this, once attached to unity you cant even see it.
unknown.png

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

The new Z1 Truss(ST-Z Control Block) has a texture/module issue on the bottom node. Loving the new overhaled parts so far in the dev version. cant wait to see the rest done when you get the time, for now I can deal with this, once attached to unity you cant even see it.

Yeah stuff like this is to be expected with the dev version - basically I am planning to overhaul the hatch textures on the existing parts to match the new parts better, so I didn't bother to add the old one to Z1 yet, which is why it's just a void ;)

10 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Yeah stuff like this is to be expected with the dev version - basically I am planning to overhaul the hatch textures on the existing parts to match the new parts better, so I didn't bother to add the old one to Z1 yet, which is why it's just a void ;)

I see, I assumed this was a known issue but on the off chance it wasn't I thought might as well report it.  Love the new style  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, benjee10 said:

I'm unable to replicate this issue myself but I know lots of people have reported it. No idea what could be causing it. I am currently in the (very slow) process of completely remaking the solar array parts from the ground up, so hopefully that will fix the issue. 

i have a feeling this issue  is realated to docking rotate

9 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

You would have the issues also without that mod.

ive never had issues with them

On 5/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, benjee10 said:

out of curiousity do you use KJR?