[1.9.x] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.3) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

tetryds

27 minutes ago, Nightside said:

As mentioned above, the current version works on 1.3, however, I've noticed that the toolbar icon does not go away when you quit back to main menu. 

Ive always had it show up in game though. 

I see that behavior also, but ignored it since it's cosmetic.  My prior post probably should have said "works, but with minor issues that don't impact gameplay".

27 minutes ago, Nightside said:

As mentioned above, the current version works on 1.3, however, I've noticed that the toolbar icon does not go away when you quit back to main menu. 

Ive always had it show up in game though. 

I see that behavior also, but ignored it since it's cosmetic.  My prior post probably should have said "works, but with minor issues that don't impact gameplay".

• 1 month later...

I have a different problem in 1.3 tho, it doesn't seem to work at all. The toolbar icon is there and works fine, but activating it and changing the mode (Either via the toolbar menu or hotkeys) displays the cursor/pointer but doesnt manipulate the craft. Not sure if its due to incompatibility with another mod, but here's my GameData folder. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

S5nfL54.png 

Would there be a way for you to make a "Helicopter Flight" mode?

It would have one key difference: Instead of rolling to yaw you just yaw, and it would also make use of thrusters for yaw movement ( idk if this mod uses thrusters to yaw,roll,or pitch, or if its even possible).

48 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Would there be a way for you to make a "Helicopter Flight" mode?

It would have one key difference: Instead of rolling to yaw you just yaw, and it would also make use of thrusters for yaw movement ( idk if this mod uses thrusters to yaw,roll,or pitch, or if its even possible).

Use cruise mode to pilot helicopters.

Manually roll to move sideways.

If you are flying very fast the default mode may work better for helicopters, they do not rely on yaw as much for steering as you think, only when ascending or descending.

• 1 month later...

Is there to anyone's knowledge a mod that does what this mod does, but for rovers?

I build pretty stable rovers, but at a high enough speed they will start spinning because of the binary input nature of WASD keys. I need better rover controls somehow.

Edited by Tricky14

Shouldn' be hard to implement a mod that pilots rovers like this.

If anyone is willing to do that, pm me and I may provide rights to use some of MAF's code to achieve it.

I always forget to recompile this mod... my bad.

May do it next week, should be quite easy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/29/2017 at 1:30 PM, Kowgan said:

Here it is. The zip file contains only the recompiled .dll, not the entire mod.

Hmmm... I have no interface whatsoever in 1.3.1 with this build, not even the cursor. It does work because the hotkeys work and the craft reacts to input, but that's all.

EDIT: Uhh.. I'm retarded, I missed the part where it says it's only the dll

Edited by m4ti140

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have no idea why my mod is on CKAN at all, I never allowed that in the first place.

The mod was not ported to a newer version of KSP but should work. You can/should still install it manually anyway.

21 hours ago, tetryds said:

The mod was not ported to a newer version of KSP but should work. You can/should still install it manually anyway.

I installed it manually and it looks like there is a lot of wobble. I tested it on several of my own creations as well as the stock crafts and it appears the mod is having a hard time trying to keep the planes stable. A possible solution I have yet to try in more depth is to spam some reaction wheels to help it maintain stability since it worked with a VTOL design I made, but I don't know if this could also be solved by tweaking the mod itself :/

I didn't buy KSP in the older versions this mod is supposed to be compatible with, so I don't know if this wobble was already a problem? The video in this thread doesn't show this problem.

Maybe it's the craft designs and not the mod, that is also something that would have to be tested since I have yet to find a craft that flies with no wobble :huh: (btw, terrific mod! since I heard about it I cannot imagine living without it! :P)

Edit:

Spoiler

After a few installs and uninstalls, it works perfectly on most crafts. Not the same with crafts like the Stearwing A300. It's weird, it goes well with some designs and with others it's almost incompatible.

Edited by Sticky3002
oops

On 7/13/2018 at 6:47 PM, tetryds said:

I have no idea why my mod is on CKAN at all, I never allowed that in the first place.

It's been there for a long time, but if you dont want it on CKAN, post a message in the CKAN thread 

@Sticky3002 it may wobble if you have too much control authority.

The algorithm doesn't adapt to the craft yet, so it may not work too well on some cases, does for most though.

If they changed how control surfaces work on stock once again it may be that.

Now is a good time for you to start using FAR! MAF was designed to be used with it.

@linuxgurugamer as long as it doesn't cause me trouble I'll leave it, thanks for the tip.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.