The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

4 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Yes, in the pre-release forum. 

What is the limit? red on the g-meter is 9 g and makes some sense. 
You will only get this during aerobreak and perhaps parachute open if you have lots of them. 

On a list of things that make middle aged men all hot and sweaty in excited anticipation, who would have thought that a computer game about shooting little green men into space would be near the top? 

Edited by pandaman

26 minutes ago, pandaman said:

On a list of things that make middle aged men all hot and sweaty in excited anticipation, who would have thought that a computer game about shooting little green men into space would be near the top? 

Not me but I do now :) 

57 minutes ago, pandaman said:

You obviously didn't play Lunar Lander on the Atari.  I've been dreaming of this game ever since. :P 

49 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

You obviously didn't play Lunar Lander on the Atari.  I've been dreaming of this game ever since. :P 

I played Lunar Lander (after first typing in the code from a book) on a PET-2001 in -78 :)

Was reminded of that first time I managed to land on Mün in KSP.

On 9/14/2016 at 11:50 AM, Norcalplanner said:

Really like these revised parts. Only a few are in the Porkjet download for the moment, but I like the art style and balance direction for the whole set. Looks like the Poodle will be two vacuum-optimized LVT-15s.

They actually look more like twin-NERVs.

On 19.9.2016 at 11:24 AM, Curveball Anders said:
  • Who are you?
  • I am Hype.
  • Have you come for me?
  • I have long walked by your side.
  • So I have noticed.
  • Are you ready?
  • My computer is ready, but my saves are not.

-- Ingemar B Kerman, The Seventh Launch.

Epic poem mr. @Curveball Anders, epic :). I guess i`ve read this in another language long ago, with slightly different sense.

Just now, Laguna said:

Someone else mentioned this elsewhere, but the new Poodle model looks like two of the proposed F-1B engines for the SLS next-gen booster:

eande-f1bchart.jpg

You do realize their launching one with an Orion spacecraft to the Moon in a year or two, right? They've got the parts and everything. It's not proposed anymore. Hold on...Are those Twin-Boars on the side of the SLS?!

8 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

You do realize their launching one with an Orion spacecraft to the Moon in a year or two, right? They've got the parts and everything. It's not proposed anymore. Hold on...Are those Twin-Boars on the side of the SLS?!

I actually deleted my post since I had a brain-lock and forgot the engine being addressed was the Poodle, not the Twin-Boar. :blush:.  It's the new Twin-Boar model that looks like the F-1B. :)

But...

The F-1B is a proposal for the SLS Block-II Advanced Booster;  the Block I that will launch first will use 5-segment versions of the shuttle SRBs.

Edited by Laguna

You sure that it's not the Block-I? That's the one their launching soon.

1 minute ago, Laguna said:

I actually deleted my post since I had a brain-lock and forgot the engine being addressed was the Poodle, not the Twin-Boar. :blush:.  It's the new Twin-Boar model that looks like the F-1B. :)

But...

The F-1B is a proposal for the SLS Block-II; the Block I that will launch first will use 5-segment shuttle SRBs

Going to bed, on a EMERGENCY ONLY call list, this includes, dev note updates, 1.2 release, and anything else regarding rocketry or aeronautic breakthroughs. :) Goodnight 

5 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

lol.

I suppose I should have made the focus of the image more obvious. Look at the number of visits to the Bug Tracker, which happens to be highlighted in red thanks to my cursor being over it.

Aha! Very leet, there. :D

Regarding hype, I just noticed in 1509 that if you revert after completing a contract, the erroneous "you completed the contract" messages now revert with you. Not a game breaker for sure, but that always annoyed me and I'm glad it's gone :)