The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

2 hours ago, genbrien said:

2 builds today

Great work Squad! :cool:

Yeah, but the the most recent build tonight bugs CommNet all to pieces so it'd been better if they'd stuck with one. :D  That said, 1479 was great for me all day. A few niggling problems but nothing show-stopping and no crashes in about 9 hours' playtime today. 

Just now, LameLefty said:

Yeah, but the the most recent build tonight bugs CommNet all to pieces so it'd been better if they'd stuck with one. :D  That said, 1479 was great for me all day. A few niggling problems but nothing show-stopping and no crashes in about 9 hours' playtime today. 

still, they already fixed the problem.

I doubt we'll have a 3rd build today but tomorrow it should be fixed + other goodies.

I like more Pre-release than actual release for that.

Everyday you get a surprise ^^

On 9/14/2016 at 9:58 PM, FullMetalMachinist said:

Souposphere hasn't been around since before 1.0 :wink:

However, they did decrease drag for pointy things, and increase it for blunt things. I think they talked about it during the live stream right before the pre-release came out. 

Aha. Makes sense. I was noticing a weird phenomenon wherein it took about the same dV to get to orbit, but for some reason my ships would hit the ground at over 1km/s on the way back down (the poor parachutes never got a chance to open). I knew the original souposphere was "gone" as of 1.0, but it had partially returned in 1.1.

And no worries - I did solve the problem. It was indeed that the rocket in question had a pointy front, which was not helped by the near-weightless empty SRB behind it. Changing the design to include a liquid fuel engine eliminated the issue, which was no big loss since I'm one of those blasphemers who never much cared for SRBs to begin with.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, if Porkjet happens to see this, might you consider as part of your ongoing part overhaul making the Flea a Size 0 SRB rather than that fat trash can looking thing it is now?

P.S. WHOA THE HOVER TOOLTIP THINGY IS AUTOMATIC OMG BBQ I JUST DISCOVERED THIS AAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by parameciumkid
OMGBBQLOLWUT

Only had time for a couple of hours on 1.2 so far.  NICE. .  Smoother, commnet is neat and loving the kerbnet function. 

Not encountered any issues yet that aren't already on record.  Here's to hoping I get more playtime:D

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

Pre-release patch came out today with a special surprise.  Hype it up guys, we have plane and relay filter categories in map mode and the tracking station!

X5clMvN.png

WOOHOO! FINALLY I CAN MAKE PLANEES WITHOUT FEELING SCUMMY FOR CALLING THEM SHIPS! WHOOT!

3 hours ago, Alshain said:

Pre-release patch came out today with a special surprise.  Hype it up guys, we have plane and relay filter categories in map mode and the tracking station!

@GregroxMun, bring up the train to full speed! I'm coming aboardI [fires up Hype-train catcher]

JetTrain3.jpg

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

On 9/12/2016 at 5:59 PM, fourfa said:

watching a new career stream today, and the warning dialog about only scientists resetting Science Jr and Mystery Goo is gone.  

This was definitely true in the stream I watched before public pre-release, but unfortunately the public builds have the traditional warnings at all times and for all kerbal classes.  Frown.

3 minutes ago, fourfa said:

This was definitely true in the stream I watched before public pre-release, but unfortunately the public builds have the traditional warnings at all times and for all kerbal classes.  Frown.

It warns when you remove the science manually but not when you transfer to the container.

Yay, a new patch! 1486 was hella bugged out for me, so here's hoping SQUAD noticed all those exceptions and fixed them up ^^

Can I just mention here that my favorite feature in 1.2 might well be that error messages pop up on screen in big, obnoxious red text? No, I'm not being sarcastic!
A: It lets me know when something has gone wrong and started causing log spam (which can ruin performance, destroy ships, and even break saves), and
B: Me seeing it means that SQUAD is seeing it too, which means when exceptions arise (as they always seem to do in multitudes for every KSP version ever) while playtesting, they quickly get informed so they can catch and fix the underlying problems. It gives me hope that 1.2, or at least a later version soon to come, will be much more stable and free of dumb null reference exceptions than the previous editions.

48 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

Yay, a new patch! 1486 was hella bugged out for me,

The 1489 patch EXE doesn't even run for me: "Could not find data segment". Any KSP-Store users here got the patch to work, or should I go for the full-download (620MB instead of 8MB)?

Edited by Waz

It didn't work for me either. I just downloaded the full game again.

I recommend you keep your existing copies of older builds at least until you know you won't need them again. For 1486, for example, I downgraded back to 1479 (or some number... ugh) to get CommNet working again.

9 hours ago, seeingeyegod said:

Do you have the same number of save games as before?

no, I couldn't load anything before, and for my 1.0.5 saves, I will wait until the stable release is out before moving them over (I also want my 3 mods to update. MJ will be no problem, but Hyperedit?).

5 hours ago, nickrulercreator said:

Halp

Can't download 1.2. Where can I do it?

I have steam for mac 10.10.5

Go to KSP left click it go to properties, then BETAS, lastly select the beta you would like to opt in to, and select pre release 1.2.