UomoCapra

Development Update for Consoles!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Ineedaweapon said:

I dont know where you got the idea that I was praising or defending anyone.

That was directed at everyone, not just you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While a share of the blame certainly falls on Squad and FTE, the rest falls on Microsoft and PlayStation Nprth America, since it didn't release on PlayStation Europe. I don't understand how they let a game with so many issues make it to the online stores. 

Good thing I was in no hurry to let my sons buy it for XB1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way, the newest KSP Weekly continues to ignore consoles with the same "we'd like to reassure console gamers that development continues" BS. It's the same old crap rehashed for almost a year now.

I've all but given up on ever seeing an update for this game. There's a person further back whose name eludes me, but posted something that perfectly sums up my feelings.

To that person, all the credit goes to you, since the clock continues to tick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LegendaryAce said:

...the newest KSP Weekly continues to ignore consoles with the same "we'd like to reassure console gamers that development continues"

You might have an argument for there not being enough information, but what you just quoted was them doing the opposite of ignoring consoles in the KSP Weekly post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deddly said:

You might have an argument for there not being enough information, but what you just quoted was them doing the opposite of ignoring consoles in the KSP Weekly post.

I'm not gonna go into the fallacies of what I said, simply because it was meant to prove a point. 

Contradiction or not, this Sunday will mark 11 months since the game was released. So please forgive me if I seem a little pessimistic about anything Squad says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I'm not gonna go into the fallacies of what I said, simply because it was meant to prove a point. 

Fallacies aren't the way to prove a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind, I shouldn't have been so picky, @LegendaryAce. I know what you mean now that you explained it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stibbons said:

Fallacies aren't the way to prove a point. 

Exactly.

"Fallacy: Logic A failure in reasoning that renders an argument invalid."

My point being what @Deddly said was correct, but I didn't feel like getting involved in the idiosyncrasies of my own speech.

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

Never mind, I shouldn't have been so picky, @LegendaryAce. I know what you mean now that you explained it.

That's okay. I guess when you've got nothing to do but wait forever for something, you can start to act  impudent towards others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

New console development screenshot from the Weekly:

PDWCh58.png

Excellent! Now that's what I'm talking about! 

That UI looks way slicker than the previous one. It'll also make Hohmann transfers way easier without the node despawning as I'm trying to adjust it.

Thanks for the screenshot @HebaruSan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Nueva pantalla de la consola de desarrollo de la semana :

PDWCh58.png

This is good because at least we have a real proof that the development of consoles if it continues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As excited as I am about a better control scheme, this new info is a little depressing.  A while back they had said they were just testing for bugs, to make sure everything was working properly, which made it sound like they were mostly finished and just wrapping things up.  If theyre still in the process of adding new things like this menu thing, it could mean theyre still months away from releasing this damn update.

Couldnt they have fixed the major issues first, like the save problem, then released all the other improvements in a separate update later down the line?  All this waiting is torture. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone please let me know if the PS4 EU release be shelved indefinitely as we are now fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of its "Not Release"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Timzo6832 said:

Can anyone please let me know if the PS4 EU release be shelved indefinitely as we are now fast approaching the 1 year anniversary of its "Not Release"?

I don't remember where exactly it was written, but they did say that Europe will be included this time around :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cursors in the console game should not be at all, otherwise it's not porting, but nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deddly said:

I don't remember where exactly it was written, but they did say that Europe will be included this time around :)

Wanna read something funny? It's in Uomocapra's original announcement in this very thread :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2016 at 0:02 PM, UomoCapra said:

We are happy to announce, that with this update's launch, the PS4 port will be made available in Europe, too!

 

Our goal is to release the Updates early next year.

Yup, hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2017 at 5:34 AM, Ineedaweapon said:

As excited as I am about a better control scheme, this new info is a little depressing.  A while back they had said they were just testing for bugs, to make sure everything was working properly, which made it sound like they were mostly finished and just wrapping things up.  If theyre still in the process of adding new things like this menu thing, it could mean theyre still months away from releasing this damn update.

Couldnt they have fixed the major issues first, like the save problem, then released all the other improvements in a separate update later down the line?  All this waiting is torture. :( 

I hate to say it, but welcome to the bureaucracy of game developing. 

Sure, Squad could release a bug fix for the save issues, but it's way cheaper to make us wait longer for an all-in-one update that contains everything.

I must say though that I am extremely leery of an update like this. Going around adding gigs of code to an already very unstable game is asking for trouble. You can say it's stable to the ends of the Sol system, but I've ruined enough games in beta testing (looking at you Battlefield) to know otherwise. 

Call me a pessimist, but I'm just being VERY realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the main reason is that the console version is being completely remade. It is not a patch at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2017 at 7:05 AM, Deddly said:

I think the main reason is that the console version is being completely remade. It is not a patch at all.

That's very true.

So it's safe to say that the FTE build was so unstable, that Blitworks had to create a brand new game port? I can understand how hard that would be, but it still seems like it's been an excessively long wait.

EDIT: According to the clock, there's only 28 days left until the 1 year anniversary of this [snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts have been removed from this thread or edited. Please keep the language clean, even when in disguised form with character substitutions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2017 at 2:08 PM, Vanamonde said:

Some posts have been removed from this thread or edited. Please keep the language clean, even when in disguised form with character substitutions. 

Regardless, we all feel the same way about this game. It's getting to the point where frustration is turning to anger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

Regardless, we all feel the same way about this game. It's getting to the point where frustration is turning to anger.

Yeah, I'm past the anger phase and into the giving-up-hope phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 5:20 PM, SleepyInsomniac said:

Yeah, I'm past the anger phase and into the giving-up-hope phase.

Really? I hit that phase before the anger one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

We not only did some bughunting for the core game, consoles got their fair share too, and the console builds are coming along nicely and stability is still looking good. We are now focusing on finding ways to improve the gameplay, while making sure that all aspects of the game are accessible using the controllers and menus, and that they are intuitive for new and veteran players alike. Additionally, there’s been another QA pass of the KSPedia on the consoles, highlighting any spacing or layout issues, and checking for accuracy. Soon we’ll have more testing hands to help us find any remaining issues.

The latest from the weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now