What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

11 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Not anymore. 

You really thought you could keep that blanket all for yourself?

Such a foolish thought

*swipes blanket using Telekinesis*

Edited by HyperDraco
More Dramatisation

On 5/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, kerbiloid said:

Any judge would say that the cat can prove his ownership, while his human can bring only words.

Wise words indeed.

I was out driving and a dude who was trying to race me (I didn't care because honestly despite being a Car guy, I didn't feel like it today, also cause responsiblities, somewhat.) slammed on his accelerator, and instantly the car he overtook switched on it's lights and he got pulled over by an Unmarked car. Man looked like a solid prick too which made it doubly fun. 

Edited by HyperDraco
I own 2 cars, recently got the one in question here, the one I really love after saving up which is the 2016 Mustang GT in Red.

This morning while driving west on my way to work I saw the most brilliant fireball I have ever seen, heading north across my path, This one was a bright white with a blue-ish tinge, travelling fairly slowly. I'd say the its trail was about as long as my forearm (if I held my arm out and bent my elbow 90o so my forearm is in front of my eyes; not including the hand), and it took 2-3 seconds to burn out. It was so slow I thought it may have been space junk, but I didn't see it break up, but who knows...

And of course, it was on a the extremely rare day that I take the truck to work, which doesn't have a dashcam, so I wasn't able to capture it. My regular commutermobile has a cheap dashcam, but the night performance is poor. The one previous fireball I did catch with it was just a moving dot instead of the bright green streak I saw, But this time it was in the pre-dawn light, and was so bright I'm sure it would have shown up much better (probably wishful thinking, I know...).

But it wouldn't have mattered. It was a perfect Catch-22. The only reason I took the truck was to try and fill the cavern that lurks under the fuel fill port, since I had a fuel discount reward lined up (oooooh, aaaaa, 7 cents a liter for up to 100 liters. In a 125L tank with the Bingo light on. At 135.9c/L after the discount) and then go to Costco (gas there wasn't as cheap! didn't have enough gas to get there after work anyways). So, that stop to gas the truck made me run a few minutes later, while I wouldn't have had to gas up the car this morning. If I was running a few minutes earlier by not stopping for gas, I would have been where the highway tucks up against a mountainside and I wouldn't have seen it at all!

Sometimes I wonder if I need to join Parentheses Anonymous...

5 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

This morning while driving west on my way to work I saw the most brilliant fireball I have ever seen, heading north across my path, This one was a bright white with a blue-ish tinge, travelling fairly slowly. I'd say the its trail was about as long as my forearm (if I held my arm out and bent my elbow 90o so my forearm is in front of my eyes; not including the hand), and it took 2-3 seconds to burn out. It was so slow I thought it may have been space junk, but I didn't see it break up, but who knows...

Maybe reentry if some kind?

5 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Sometimes I wonder if I need to join Parentheses Anonymous...

Or just get another dash cam... ;)

Me, I had to get up at the literal S-crack of dawn—on a Saturday—to schlep two hours in to work only to be there for less than five minutes. :mad:  So I drug the trailer along to pick up some crap. It was funny as heck, sitting in the ferry line on the way home, watching every other dude coming the other way to a double take as they passed. 

Spoiler

XFioj4Y.jpg

Yes, it tows. ^_^

get all sorts of funny looks at the dump, too...

10 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

See if you can name the aircraft.

Spoiler

Lessee here... got an F-15, F-14, looks like maybe a D-21 drone... F-15 again, can never remember the name of that helo, there was one in an 80s tv show with a big mouth painted on the nose... ‘14s and ‘15s again, AV-8 Harrier with an F-5 in the background.... AV-8 & F-5 with obligatory F-16 (speaking of obligatory, you simply MUST watch Iron Eagle)... maybe a Crusader way in the back there... EA-6B Prowler, man I miss seeing those things doing touch & go’s  up at the NAS . :cool:

Edited by CatastrophicFailure
Prowler... PROWLER! Like the car! Damp you, autocorrect!

22 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:
  Hide contents

Lessee here... got an F-15, F-14, looks like maybe a D-21 drone... F-15 again, can never remember the name of that helo, there was one in an 80s tv show with a big mouth painted on the nose... ‘14s and ‘15s again, AV-8 Harrier with an F-5 in the background.... AV-8 & F-5 with obligatory F-16 (speaking of obligatory, you simply MUST watch Iron Eagle)... maybe a Crusader way in the back there... EA-6B Prowler, man I miss seeing those things doing touch & go’s  up at the NAS . :cool:

Spoiler

Nice job!

That's my opinion on the drone as well. Helo is H-34 Choctaw, I think. Yes, I've seen Iron Eagle. ;) Didn't get a good look at the warbird--assuming Navy. Next to the EA-6 is a regular A-6 (no photo).
Over the drone is an A-4 Skyhawk. The SH-60 and the Huey are obvious. Deeper in the background are an F-4 Phantom, an F-105 Thunderchief (I think), and F-106 Delta Dart (almost certain), and at least one F-86.

Found out how to make an album in the new imgur. High res here: https://imgur.com/a/12kS0m5

While suddenly surfing  Google Earth, found a strange place next to Willard, NM.

https://goo.gl/maps/5yReZsMFkcgnvhcj6

The Google browser maps show nothing similar. Just two forests.

Spoiler

("Уиллард" = "Willard")

Willard-NM-Dials.jpg

These strange dials are 800 m in diameter, and there are depots, roads and other traces of the destructive human activity.

Fields? Then why round, and why are they harvested not spirally? And why look so different?  Also, why some of them overlap?

Why do the browser maps show nothing?

Maybe just UFO test launchpads?
(Afair, Roswell is in NM, too.)

StreetView shows nothing but grass.

Edited by kerbiloid

12 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Had some time to myself on Sunday, so I parked outside the fence of an air museum. See if you can name the aircraft. I always forget how absolutely huge these things are in person. Teaser pic, the rest spoilered below:

UwubodJl.jpg

Hide contents

hP18Ptql.jpg

dZ0U2YLl.jpg

ddVJ0sfl.jpg

8f18JoZl.jpg

6Et4PgZl.jpg

2e7OvmJl.jpg

dzhknhrl.jpg

8yiMcIEl.jpg

EDIT: High res here: https://imgur.com/a/12kS0m5

Man i would love to see those myself

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

While suddenly surfing  Google Earth, found a strange place next to Willard, NM.

https://goo.gl/maps/5yReZsMFkcgnvhcj6

The Google browser maps show nothing similar. Just two forests.

Hide contents

("Уиллард" = "Willard")

Willard-NM-Dials.jpg

These strange dials are 800 m in diameter, and there are depots, roads and other traces of the destructive human activity.

Fields? Then why round, and why are they harvested not spirally? And why look so different?  Also, why some of them overlap?

Why do the browser maps show nothing?

Maybe just UFO test launchpads?
(Afair, Roswell is in NM, too.)

StreetView shows nothing but grass.

Center pivot irrigation. Very common in the United States. If it looks like they are growing just grass, it could be alfalfa, very common crop here in AZ and NM, grown to support cattle farming.