[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Just now, Greatness101 said:

Plus, it's a great opportunity to see Saturn up close! Cassini will be beaming up images up until the very end. It's sad, but I personally think it's a great way to go.

The phrase "going down with a bang" has never been more relevant.

@StarCrusher96 Your GPP compatibility is missing two things:

1. Grannus, GPP's M2-class secondary star since v1.2.0
  2. A miles long actual Karbonite.cfg in the Karbonite folder 

On the flip-side, GPP has some Helium for your engine. And I have a new handful of ideas to throw at you/across the cabin. :P 

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Share your pretty pictures! :P

Rings.png?dl=1

Also... How much dV does that have? And how do you refill on this custom Helium fuel?

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

On the flip-side, GPP has some Helium for your engine. And I have a new handful of ideas to throw at you/across the cabin. :P 

Also... How much dV does that have? And how do you refill on this custom Helium fuel?

For the Helium fuel, I assume you'd need CRP, which has become compatible for KSS.

@TheSpacePotato I've looked at it. KSS has its own definition for a helium fuel that doesn't line up with CRP (honestly, I think GPP's Helium is incorrect too). And there are no parts, as far as I can tell, to refuel the engine.

Helium4 is the most common variant of Helium according to Wikipedia. But "Helium" in our resource distributions are apparently the version used by RealFuels. The custom HeliumGas fuel happens to share density, but not price, with LqdHe3, the most dense, most expensive form. Helium4 and Helium3 are used by KSPI-E.

So I have this strange bug on the map view with planets with rings... specifically Jool and Voon. The other ones are fine. I used the fix plugin in Kopernicus. On Jool I get this strange ring. I thought it was a shadow at first, and maybe it is, but it looks a tad strange. Secondly Voon is dark from the ring "down" and what not. 

9y7QK01.png9QcNgd4.png

Anyone have an idea of a fix? 

18 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

So I have this strange bug on the map view with planets with rings... specifically Jool and Voon. The other ones are fine. I used the fix plugin in Kopernicus. On Jool I get this strange ring. I thought it was a shadow at first, and maybe it is, but it looks a tad strange. Secondly Voon is dark from the ring "down" and what not.

I have no idea what is causing the Voon problem, but Jool does have faint rings like Jupiter does in real life.

5 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

9y7QK01.png9QcNgd4.png

Just disable the kopernicus ring shadows. They were disabled in the settings i provided.

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh it seems GPP updated and i was too busy to notice. Why should i need karbonite? The helium thing is experimental ... I'm not yet a good part maker.

Edited by StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Oh it seems GPP updated and i was too busy to notice. Why should i need karbonite? The helium thing is experimental ... I'm not yet a good part maker.

Oopsy. :P I forgot to put my fineprint that the Karbonite config is optional. I'm also developing new fuel resources and re-textured engines for them. This seems rather fun.

Spoiler

Karbonite, though, is a hydrocarbon good for filling some toxic atmospheres with, and is far more useful than people think. Also, if you're interested, Karborundum comes with Karbonite. It's super (dense, rare, expensive...but everyone knows where at the stock planets to get it) and does what your Helium engine is trying to do.

45 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oopsy. :P I forgot to put my fineprint that the Karbonite config is optional. I'm also developing new fuel resources and re-textured engines for them. This seems rather fun.

Hide contents

Karbonite, though, is a hydrocarbon good for filling some toxic atmospheres with, and is far more useful than people think. Also, if you're interested, Karborundum comes with Karbonite. It's super (dense, rare, expensive...but everyone knows where at the stock planets to get it) and does what your Helium engine is trying to do.

Interesting :P I'm working on the resources right now and I'm going to use Karbonite and Karborundum as very rare resources found on only a few planets :P

9 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Interesting :P I'm working on the resources right now and I'm going to use Karbonite and Karborundum as very rare resources found on only a few planets :P

As the furnace of a star never rests, I am confident that the self-proclaimed crusher of stars never sleeps. I have a few small fixes and other little things to suggest to you as well. But those will come later.

21 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

As the furnace of a star never rests, I am confident that the self-proclaimed crusher of stars never sleeps. I have a few small fixes and other little things to suggest to you as well. But those will come later.

What is sleep?

Send those suggestions in PM :) I'm curious!

3 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

I just sent a lander to the mun, and there is a white, flickering, ugly ass horizon. Any fix?

Already been reported, and fixed in the upcoming patch.

Edited by StarCrusher96

hey, I have encountered the small issue of MY VESSELS F***ING EXPLODING INTO 900 DIFFERENT PARTS WHEN I SWITCH AWAY FROM THEM. I just spent almost an hour lining up orbits with a space station, only to find out that it had SPONTANEOUSLY F***ING EXPLODED WHEN I WAS ON THE FINAL DOCKING APPROACH. 

I am using nothing but this, the USI pack, and Mechjeb.

EDIT: I forgot to clarify that literaly every part on my 67 part station is currently on an escape trajectory exept the crew capsule, which is in exactly the same orbit as the station was.

Edited by A_beholder