[1.8.1 - 1.9.x] KerbalKomets - Add komets to your game!

Angelo Kerman

• 3 months later...

Getting a bug with this mod where vessels and komets will travel along the orbit faster than expected, sometimes traveling in the opposite direction. Like I timewarp forward before a vessel and komet rendezvous, and then after jumping out of timewarp they both travel backwards. Using Hyperedit and AVP visual mods.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello @Angel-125,

First Thank you for this great mod!

I don't want to bother you, but I'm working on setting up a new install (after not having played KSP for over 12 moths) and I was wondering,

if this mod does work in KSP 1.7.3 with Custom Asteroids?

Edited by N3N

On 8/29/2019 at 11:59 PM, N3N said:

Hello @Angel-125,

First Thank you for this great mod!

I don't want to bother you, but I'm working on setting up a new install (after not having played KSP for over 12 moths) and I was wondering,

if this mod does work in KSP 1.7.3 with Custom Asteroids?

It works in 1.7.3 but only with the stock asteroid spawn system.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Does this mod require Kopernicus?

Nope, it just adds a comet tail to random asteroids and alters their orbit, and adds a new comet experiment.

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Angel-125 Wow.... cant believe this mod is already almost *TWO YEARS* old... :P
Seems like I remember first dev of it, just a few *months* ago... :lol:

Egads, yeah! Some of my mods are even older...

• 3 weeks later...

What a great mod @Angel-125. Comets are such a 'common' space feature, it is odd that Squad didn't want to implement them. 

Besides the challenge of a very hard rendezvous, what else can comets be used for/with? They generate more science when compared to normal asteroids? They should, me thinks; besides it is a good way to reward the difficulty of approaching them. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

What a great mod @Angel-125. Comets are such a 'common' space feature, it is odd that Squad didn't want to implement them. 

Besides the challenge of a very hard rendezvous, what else can comets be used for/with? They generate more science when compared to normal asteroids? They should, me thinks; besides it is a good way to reward the difficulty of approaching them. 

Komets do have their own science experiment but I don’t remember the payout. They are just redressed asteroids so you can exploit their resources.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that KSP 1.10 is out, we can see that the in-game comets do everything that I wanted to do with Kerbal Komets. I'm happy to say that I won't provide Kerbal Komets support for KSP 1.10. There are still people, including me, that use older versions so the mod will be around, but use it in KSP 1.10 at your own risk.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Now that KSP 1.10 is out, we can see that the in-game comets do everything that I wanted to do with Kerbal Komets. I'm happy to say that I won't provide Kerbal Komets support for KSP 1.10. There are still people, including me, that use older versions so the mod will be around, but use it in KSP 1.10 at your own risk.

I just wanted to say thank you for providing a feature years before stock KSP implemented it.

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

There needs to be a special mod Valhalla subforum where mods that have been implemented in-game can retire honorably.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

There needs to be a special mod Valhalla subforum where mods that have been implemented in-game can retire honorably.

I always thought it'd be cool to recreate the current KSP in an older version with mods. I never got around to doing it though...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.