[KSP 1.12.3] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Beyond (v4.13 - July 17th, 2022)

themaster401

Just now, SmokeFan said:

Hi all CKAn is telling me that this mod is not compatible with current game version? Is anyone running this mod?

works fine in 1.12.5, it's just got old metadata.  You can ignore the warning.

Hi, I just installed the mod and it's great but I'm afraid I'm missing something, I have a question. The specification of this mod mentions that it is not compatible with stock EVE (BoulderCo). 

In the dependencies links it mentions Environmental Visual Enhancements, there I know that for new KSP versions we will go to EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022). Here everything is fine. In the Redux instructions it is mentioned that "Configs are to be downloaded from the default EVE config https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/ EVE -1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip".  

Once we go to that file I noticed that the folder is called BoulderCo. Is this the same folder incompatible (stock EVE (BoulderCo)) with Astronomer?

As CKAN does not allow installation for now, I did it manually so I have doubts.... In other words , astronomers is broken is broken if in addition to EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE install , I also install the BoulderCo folder of the configs that is required Redux or not ????

Thanks for reading , I hope I'm not too dumb.
(Snip)

Edited by Gargamel
Removed translator link.

On 3/23/2023 at 6:58 AM, Polito said:

Hi, I just installed the mod and it's great but I'm afraid I'm missing something, I have a question. The specification of this mod mentions that it is not compatible with stock EVE (BoulderCo). 

In the dependencies links it mentions Environmental Visual Enhancements, there I know that for new KSP versions we will go to EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022). Here everything is fine. In the Redux instructions it is mentioned that "Configs are to be downloaded from the default EVE config https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/ EVE -1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip".  

Once we go to that file I noticed that the folder is called BoulderCo. Is this the same folder incompatible (stock EVE (BoulderCo)) with Astronomer?

As CKAN does not allow installation for now, I did it manually so I have doubts.... In other words , astronomers is broken is broken if in addition to EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE install , I also install the BoulderCo folder of the configs that is required Redux or not ????

Thanks for reading , I hope I'm not too dumb.
(Snip)

You only need main EVE files, AVP comes with its own config for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 3:25 AM, themaster401 said:

Astronomer's Visual Pack is a visual pack for the stock planetary system, as well as the bodies in the Outer Planets Mod

Hello there! As mentioned in the original post AVP supports OPM. After installing latest scatterer Tekto is purple , Sarnus and other gas giants use Jool texturing. As suggested in other forum topics it is recommended to downgrade scatterer to an Older version (Which version to be precise?). But downgrading to an older version breaks scatterer in other planet pack as they do not support older scatterer ( for example Grannus expansion pack or Kcalbeloh System Planet Pack). Not to mention all visual bugs that come from older scatterer compability with 1.12.x KSP, Parralax and etc. Is there a solution to have the best of both worlds? ( Pood's OPM-VO doesnt help)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm struggling installing this mod via ckan, When I try installing AVP I get an error that it relies on the AVP textures mod, "which is not compatible with the currently installed game version." And when I try to install the textures it says that it relies on the AVP mod, "which is not compatible with the currently installed game version." I'm on 1.12.5. The mods are for versions 1.12.0-1.12.9 and 1.8-later. Looks good to me, but it doesn't work.

Hi y'all. I finally released my visual pack for KSP. Supports stock, OPM, MPE, Extrasolar, and more! This follows the same visual aesthetic of AVP, extending it more completely to OPM and to Extrasolar, and adding additional configs as well. As such it uses AVP Textures so I figure it's relevant to post here.

https://imgur.com/a/UudrXZE

TL;DR: If nothing else, I need help finding a way to remove the dust, or haze, surrounding Moho. I believe this would fix this issue, but cannot for the life of me find out how to do it.

More details:

At wit's end with visual glitch surrounding Moho. I believe everyone should be experiencing this. Black sky, or noticeable border between black/dark and lighter sky. Screenshots below. The effect can be more or less noticeable depending on how you tweak some settings within TUFX and PlanetShine.

Spoiler

z7cdVtU.jpg

uoCQIkn.jpg

It gets even worse:

6hoiJ2z.jpg

FUQLROR.jpg

I believe what we're looking at has something to do with the dust or haze surrounding Moho. At certain points, it looks like there's some distance culling in the mix, as the effect enlarges or shrinks in a circle as you move the camera around. Could not reproduce on video.

The effect diminishes and disappears as one goes down to the planet's surface or up into high orbit.

Attempted fixes (using CKAN, so dependencies are managed automagically):

Spoiler

- Remove mods one by one. Eventually got down to AVP (here you can see there is no black circle surrounding the planet):

iIpdZHN.jpg

- Reinstall all mods

- Reinstall only AVP

- Change TUFX profiles, which can make that black border become dimmer:

QqpJ5fV.jpg

- Tweak and disable PlanetShine's dynamic sky dimming. If the maximum sky brightness is set to VERY low, the effect isn't noticeable because the sky is pretty much all black when that border would come into view.

- Comment out the whole OBJECT with name "Moho-dust", in Duststorms.cfg (used // before each line and saved)

- Disable all TUFX effects:

UfoIJQe.jpg

Log files and gamedata screenshots (check filenames to see what you're looking at if you're reading this):

Please, anyone, if you can at least help me find the effect, shader config, or texture of the haze surrounding moho (in orbit, not on the ground), you have my deepest thanks. I have already spent way too many hours trying to hunt this bug down. If anyone can hop by Moho with AVP installed and confirm whether they observe the issue or not, it would also be immensely helpful. Especially if, in case you don't, you can share which mods you have installed and any out of the ordinary configs.

Note that the effect surrounds the planet. If you're looking at it straight down, all is good:

Spoiler

KLVwXVf.jpg

Complementary AVP screenshot and why I don't want to live without these mods:

nw2vQNK.jpg

Edited by TheNirl

9 hours ago, TheNirl said:

At wit's end with visual glitch surrounding Moho. I believe everyone should be experiencing this. Black sky, or noticeable border between black/dark and lighter sky. Screenshots below. The effect can be more or less noticeable depending on how you tweak some settings within TUFX and PlanetShine.

Reveal hidden contents

z7cdVtU.jpg

uoCQIkn.jpg

It gets even worse:

6hoiJ2z.jpg

FUQLROR.jpg

I believe what we're looking at has something to do with the dust or haze surrounding Moho. At certain points, it looks like there's some distance culling in the mix, as the effect enlarges or shrinks in a circle as you move the camera around. Could not reproduce on video.

The effect diminishes and disappears as one goes down to the planet's surface or up into high orbit.

Pretty sure this is an issue with the glow (and ablation) modules. they do not work as intended on vacuum bodies. Just delete them. If I'm incorrect let me know.

15 hours ago, Iodyne said:

Pretty sure this is an issue with the glow (and ablation) modules. they do not work as intended on vacuum bodies. Just delete them. If I'm incorrect let me know.

Thank you for the suggestion. I can find a glow.cfg, is this one of the files I should delete? I can't find anything called "ablation" though. Can you give me a hand here? No idea what you mean by "modules".

1 hour ago, TheNirl said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I can find a glow.cfg, is this one of the files I should delete? I can't find anything called "ablation" though. Can you give me a hand here? No idea what you mean by "modules".

As I said I'm not 100% sure this is the bug you are having but I experienced a blackness bug which I fixed by deleting them. Yes glow.cfg located in the Stock folder (and there is another in the OPM folder if you are using Outer Planets Mod). You can delete the files themselves or you can open them and edit as so:If you open stock/glow.cfg you will see it starts with "EVE_CLOUDS {" this is telling ModuleManager where the data belongs. next you'll see "OBJECT {"; this is a module, essentially a specific intance (hence different names for each one like Mun-glow and Ike-glow etc.) of a template that EVE_CLOUDS can read. Moho-ablation is including among these modules. Anyway, specifically to avoid the bugs I encountered you will want to delete all the modules ("OBJECT {}") that belong to bodies without atmospheres (all but Duna in this case). You can delete Duna's glow but personally I like it and did not experience a bug with it. OPM/glow.cfg only has a module for slate so just delete the whole file. If you keep Duna's glow then the stock/glow.cfg file should look exactly like this when done (make sure their is no typo or duplicate brackets):

Spoiler

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Duna-glow
		body = Duna
		altitude = 8500
		speed = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailDist = 1E-05
			_Color = 0,0,30,40
			_MainTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Textures/blank
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Textures/clear
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDistSub = 1E-05
				_MinLight = 1
			}
		}
	}
}

Alternatively (or additionally) you can try out my visual pack which deletes these already and makes some visual changes (but still has the same style as AVP and uses AVP textures). You should be able to just install it into your GameData folder and don't need to delete anything from the AVP folder.

Edited by Iodyne

2 hours ago, Iodyne said:

As I said I'm not 100% sure this is the bug you are having but I experienced a blackness bug which I fixed by deleting them. Yes glow.cfg located in the Stock folder (and there is another in the OPM folder if you are using Outer Planets Mod). You can delete the files themselves or you can open them and edit as so:If you open stock/glow.cfg you will see it starts with "EVE_CLOUDS {" this is telling ModuleManager where the data belongs. next you'll see "OBJECT {"; this is a module, essentially a specific intance (hence different names for each one like Mun-glow and Ike-glow etc.) of a template that EVE_CLOUDS can read. Moho-ablation is including among these modules. Anyway, specifically to avoid the bugs I encountered you will want to delete all the modules ("OBJECT {}") that belong to bodies without atmospheres (all but Duna in this case). You can delete Duna's glow but personally I like it and did not experience a bug with it. OPM/glow.cfg only has a module for slate so just delete the whole file. If you keep Duna's glow then the stock/glow.cfg file should look exactly like this when done (make sure their is no typo or duplicate brackets):

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Duna-glow
		body = Duna
		altitude = 8500
		speed = 0,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailDist = 1E-05
			_Color = 0,0,30,40
			_MainTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Textures/blank
			}
			_DetailTex
			{
				value = AstronomersVisualPack/AVP_Configs/Textures/clear
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_RimDistSub = 1E-05
				_MinLight = 1
			}
		}
	}
}

Alternatively (or additionally) you can try out my visual pack which deletes these already and makes some visual changes (but still has the same style as AVP and uses AVP textures). You should be able to just install it into your GameData folder and don't need to delete anything from the AVP folder.

@Iodyne This fixed the issue. Thank you very much. I might have deleted the moho-ablation module as well as the duststorms one, and may have ended up with the bugs you encountered later on. Weird how when I commented out the duststorms module I left the ablation one in there, but probably for the best.

For the sake of Google searches:

if you find a graphical or visual glitch with Moho, where there is black sky or a black band around the planet, follow the quoted instructions. They will remove the dust or haze surrounding Moho. This is caused by the mod AVP, Astronomer's Visual Pack. It is not caused by EVE, Environmental Visual Enhancements.

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having a strange issue with AVP. I have the 43k cloud textures installed, and when I reach 30-50km in the atmosphere, my game starts stuttering really bad. I removed a ton of mods that could be causing this, and lowered the aerodynamic FX quality. This all seemed to help but the game kept stuttering. In the end, I removed AVP and OPM and instead used spectra (with the AVP cloud textures), and now the problem is fixed. However, I would love to use OPM and AVP. Does anyone know what makes AVP so laggy?

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

some say he still hasn’t finished elden ring

What happened to him? Maybe he built a rocket and went to space.

On 3/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, stroozey said:

First of all:  This pack looks absolutely stunning!

Unfortunately I have some glitches on Kerbin's Dark Side: https://imgur.com/a/UfKRssc (It's impossible to record.  It looks like  overlapping of clouds)

You can see my log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzp4ozvsgp0fvrq/KSP.log?dl=0

I removed TUFX, but it didn't resolve the issue. Turing off TAA in Scatterer also didn't seem to do anything. I believe it has something to do with the clouds, but I easily could be wrong.

I appreciate any help.

EDIT: I am using Paralax as well.

Thank you in advance!

I have this issue too, for me waterfall plumes disappear when the plumes are in front of the dark side of a planet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, Varix said:

z1xoys6.jpg

qkZsbO9.jpg

What other mods are you using in these screenshots besides AVP? And what config for the clouds? I’m curious because my game(using AVP, EVE, scatterer, and TUFX) doesn’t look anywhere near this good lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, Molfy said:

What other mods are you using in these screenshots besides AVP? And what config for the clouds? I’m curious because my game(using AVP, EVE, scatterer, and TUFX) doesn’t look anywhere near this good lol.

Everything you said is basically what I'm using, but the key is TUFX. TUFX can make or break your visuals.

Also, I feel like having a wide monitor makes the screenshots look better but maybe that's just me lol

I have an issue, I recently downloaded avp to make the planets added by the outer planets mod to look better, but for some reason it turns Neidon slightly green on the northern and southern poles, it gives thatmo a reddish atmosphere like duna, and makes Tekto very purple like eve. I dont know how to fix this, and the only solutions ive gotten is to switch scatterer to 0.722, but this did not work. Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix it?

On 11/8/2022 at 6:59 PM, Clayel said:

Hello, I'd like to report a pretty major visual bug with this mod.

For Moho, its "dust cloud" that is added in AVP leads to a lot of interesting lighting bugs and weird glitches, and I'm wondering if it can be either revamped or removed. It makes nighttime on Moho even worse than it normally is in stock, and it makes cinematic videos of Moho look terrible because there is a weird boundary where the dust cloud begins and ends.

image.png

image.png

image.png

(it's fine in map view, I just wanted to show what it looks like from the outside)image.png

Hi - also having this bug - surface looks great, but the cutoff between the cloud and the surface is abrupt (like in picture 3).

Any one figured out how to deal with it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 10:29 PM, Saybur Stuff said:

Hi - also having this bug - surface looks great, but the cutoff between the cloud and the surface is abrupt (like in picture 3).

Any one figured out how to deal with it?

I haven't used AVP in awhile, but I think it's a kopernicus issue. Try going into GameData/Kopernicus/Config/Kopernicus_Config.cfg and setting "EnableKopernicusShadowManage" to false instead of true. Might fix it, lemme me know if it does.

• 2 weeks later...