Trolllception

[1.3] - Launch Pad Lamp

About

This part was created for the eventual usage in a future Launch Pad lighting mod.  I wanted to release the spotlight as is since it can be used as part of a portable launch pad light rig as shown below or used on vessels or space stations.  The lamp has the ability to be rotated and tilted to point the light source wherever you may need it.  The colors can be set in the VAB/SPH prior to launching a vessel.  To install place the LaunchPadLamp folder in your gamedata directory.  The part uses all stock modules and doesn't require any dependencies.

Download

LaunchPadLampV1

7EcEJyr.png

EphllV1.png

License

This work is shared under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.

Edited by Trolllception
  • Like 17

Very nice mod!  Found it via KottabosGames review on YouTube.

Just wondering if this mod is hosted on GitHub?  If not, would you consider doing so, as a public repository?  I'd really like to get it submitted to CKAN so everyone can enjoy it, and that's the easiest way to maintain (and update) it for everyone involved.  I suspect that if you're competent to write the mod, you already know about GitHub, but if not, PM me and I'll help you out with the process and do all the work to get this wonderful gem into CKAN.

Regards,

Me

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leo_G. said:

Very nice mod!  Found it via KottabosGames review on YouTube.

Just wondering if this mod is hosted on GitHub?  If not, would you consider doing so, as a public repository?  I'd really like to get it submitted to CKAN so everyone can enjoy it, and that's the easiest way to maintain (and update) it for everyone involved.  I suspect that if you're competent to write the mod, you already know about GitHub, but if not, PM me and I'll help you out with the process and do all the work to get this wonderful gem into CKAN.

Regards,

Me

PM Sent.  Lets get this on CKAN.  Makes it easier for me to add it to my installs anyways as I am an avid CKAN fan.

12 hours ago, Trolllception said:

Lets get this on CKAN.  Makes it easier for me to add it to my installs anyways as I am an avid CKAN fan.

Any chance to get it hosted on SpaceDock.info, for those of us who do manual installs instead of CKAN?

Not sure how it works, but i beleive SpaceDock has CKAN integration, so if opted in during initial publication, I think CKAN gets automagically updated when an update is also posted on SD... vOv

A little suggestion for you, make the spotlight able to control by mouse (like a BDArmory turret but for a spotlight), It's will be very convenient to use as a searchlight...

• Like 1

This looks cool.  I like the idea of a portable spotlight.  Do you have plans, or is there even a way, to have it rotate on it's own once placed?  When I saw this on Kotobos, my first thought was that this would be amazing as the rotating spotlights that you see on Air Traffic Control towers.  

Really neat mod.  Can't wait to see the rest of what your doing with this.

Hi, just installed this mod and will begin testing it shortly.

A long time ago, (in a galaxy far, far away) there was a searchlight by @BahamutoD that was able to track the mouse movement or a target vessel. That would be nice to implement here as that mod was last updated for 1.0.5 (also contained a nice six legged crawler). A tracking searchlight would be a great addition to any vehicle working in the dark.

Edited by Ursu Mare
removed useless words :P
  • Like 1