SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

Because it hasn't been mentioned here, and I don't know which threads others are watching, I thought it'd be worth just mentioning 1.2 is due to be released on the 11th, in some timezone (probably Mexican).

So, load (network, file, db, basically everything) will likely skyrocket.  And probably stay high for a few weeks.

When would be a good time to add the new release to SpaceDock? Tomorrow (estimated 24h beforehand) or after its release?

Because there has been a Prerelease out for a while now i would like to think that verifying its compatibility with the final relase is a small task.

So the ability to upload new Versions early would gurantee that everything is ready beforehand.

On the other hand users will get a outdated vetrsion warning fromt he moment i add the new version.

(This postis for mod Authors)

4 hours ago, VITAS said:

When would be a good time to add the new release to SpaceDock? Tomorrow (estimated 24h beforehand) or after its release?

Because there has been a Prerelease out for a while now i would like to think that verifying its compatibility with the final relase is a small task.

So the ability to upload new Versions early would gurantee that everything is ready beforehand.

On the other hand users will get a outdated vetrsion warning fromt he moment i add the new version.

(This postis for mod Authors)

I would think the last convenient time before actual release.  That is, convenient for you.  Tuesday morning your time maybe? 

Just so it's there beforehand, but not too early.

I suspect most mods currently functioning in the prerelease will be releasable with 1.2.  Not because they couldn't make changes, but because I'm using Sarbian as a litmus test, and he's updated Module Manager to 1.2 already.

Between 26 October 2016 23:00 hours (CEST) and 27 October 2016 05:00 hours (CEST)
we are planning the change the switch corresponding to your server(s):

During the changeover, your server will not be available for a maximum
of 5 minutes. 

Just so you know.

Just wanted to say Thanx to all the mod devs who have uploaded pre- & 1.2 versions of their mods to SpaceDock, and have them listed as for 1.1.3

Then NOT saying whether its actually 1.1.3 compatable or not in the notes...

Thanx... very helpful... :wink: :thumbsup:

On 10/9/2016 at 10:27 AM, VITAS said:

All excellent questions.

Also, now moot, since 1.2 has just released.  :wink:

15 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Just wanted to say Thanx to all the mod devs who have uploaded pre- & 1.2 versions of their mods to SpaceDock, and have them listed as for 1.1.3

Then NOT saying whether its actually 1.1.3 compatable or not in the notes...

Thanx... very helpful... :wink: :thumbsup:

No prob

2 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Hey all, is it possible to get 1.2 added to the list on Spacedock? Otherwise I may have to pull down some of the updates I posted yesterday, since its breaking people in CKAN to have them listed for 1.1.3.

i was about to ask the same.  OPT 1.8.6 is for 1.2 but was forced to select 1.1.3

4 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Hey all, is it possible to get 1.2 added to the list on Spacedock? Otherwise I may have to pull down some of the updates I posted yesterday, since its breaking people in CKAN to have them listed for 1.1.3.

Just now, stali79 said:

i was about to ask the same.  OPT 1.8.6 is for 1.2 but was forced to select 1.1.3

Yeah, it's enough of a problem that I just went ahead and pulled the updates back. They were causing KSP to hang on load, due to using new settings in the CFGs. I have them on Curse (where I could select 1.2-prerelease), but not Spacedock for now.

I always need space to rock. In other words: Donations are welcome so are you :P

Btw im planing to rent a new server for spacedock next month (once i can afford the 100€ setup fee)

If youre interrested in Specs (the main thing is to switch to SSDs): https://www.hetzner.de/ie/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex41ssd

Edited by VITAS

@VITAS I have an interesting issue. Someone has taken the latest FASA release, changed the name, and uploaded it as MY mod. I know it's someone who knows me somewhat but I don't know who. Can you please take it down? It doesn't break my license, though I think it would break FASA's since there's no attribution. I'm worried about it hurting my mod or somehow causing drama.

Link to my own mod.

Link to phony mod.

Thanks!

EDIT: Appears to be gone now.

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

nope ... slow all around.... Vitas DID say that he lost servers, and needs to get on another... I magine its REALLY slow beacuse of all the uploads/downloads becuase of 1.2

exactly

7 hours ago, stali79 said:

I love that spacedock essentially asked me (i dont remember wording) if OPT was for 1.2 and then set it when i clicked yes. Dude kudos you you for that!

Thank you, but this is one of the many features we inherited from the old KerbalStuff code, so better thank SirCmpwn for it :)