[1.8.1-1] [PLEASE FORK ME] Kopernicus & KittopiaTech

Thomas P.

22 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Before I start going through the logs (which could take  while) have you tried to reproduce the issue with kss but no kopernicus and with kopernicus but no kss?

No problem - I can confirm that the issue ONLY occurs when both mods are installed. Whn only one of them is installed it saves/loads fine. 

9 minutes ago, Cap'n Brodie said:

No problem - I can confirm that the issue ONLY occurs when both mods are installed. Whn only one of them is installed it saves/loads fine. 

thanks, I'll take a look at the logs and let you know if I see anything weird

7 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

Does anyone know where a list of usable PQS Mods can be viewed or downloaded?

if you export the stock planets using kittopia you'll find a list of all the pqsmods those planets use

there are some additional mods, but those in the stock planets are more than enough to start :)

if you can't get them to export you can also look at those I exported myself here but keep in mind that some values might have been exported not correctly (like orbital color)

Edited by Sigma88

Just now, Sigma88 said:

if you export the stock planets using kittopia you'll find a list of all the pqsmods those planets use

there are some additional mods, but those in the stock planets are more than enough to start :)

The reason why i asked is Kittopia isn't allowing me to save planetary config files. I click save and nothing happens. 

I'lI'll also add that i sometimes get a strange glitch where other PQS Mods variable numbers 'leak' into other PQS Mods when i view them in Kittopia.

2 minutes ago, SAS123 said:

The reason why i asked is Kittopia isn't allowing me to save planetary config files. I click save and nothing happens. 

I'lI'll also add that i sometimes get a strange glitch where other PQS Mods variable numbers 'leak' into other PQS Mods when i view them in Kittopia.

that happens because some PQSCity mods are breaking the exporter, try removing them one by one untill the export is successfull

also, I did thought about this issue so I had already edited my prev comment before your reply :D

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

that happens because some PQSCity mods are breaking the exporter, try removing them one by one untill the export is successfull

also, I did thought about this issue so I had already edited my prev comment before your reply :D

Cool thanks! I already have alot of the yseful PQS Mods like LandControl, VertexPlanet and the Vertex Deformity/Noise ones but getting a few extra and playing around with them will definitely hopefully help with my planet pack.

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I have a question - is it possible to make a planet (or atmosphere) 'radiate' heat?

(Tagging @OhioBob here since he's an atmosphere expert)

You can use hazardous oceans or whatever their name is

It will heat up crafts depending on the altitude they have

Edited by Sigma88

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I have a question - is it possible to make a planet (or atmosphere) 'radiate' heat?

(Tagging @OhioBob here since he's an atmosphere expert)

I don't think there are any atmosphere settings that can cause it to do that.

3 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Can't I extend the temperature-height profile to beyond the atmosphere max altitude?

You can extend the curve, but I'm pretty sure that once you're beyond the max altitude, the curve is not used anymore.  Basically the atmosphere just shuts off as soon as you go above max altitude.  You can always give it a try, though.  I haven't checked it in a while, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Edited by OhioBob

13 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

You can extend the curve, but I'm pretty sure that once you're beyond the max altitude, the curve is not used anymore.  Basically the atmosphere just shuts off as soon as you go above max altitude.  You can always give it a try, though.  I haven't checked it in a while, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

It used to work (1.0.5) but now it seems to no longer work. Shame.

3 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

It used to work (1.0.5) but now it seems to no longer work. Shame.

Yeah, I think I'd like to have that ability.  Stop the pressure curve and start high-speed time warp at maxAltitude, but continue the temperature curve as far as we want.  That way we could model exospheres and thermospheres.

45 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Yeah, I think I'd like to have that ability.  Stop the pressure curve and start high-speed time warp at maxAltitude, but continue the temperature curve as far as we want.  That way we could model exospheres and thermospheres.

Exactly. @Thomas P. could this be implemented in the future, the temperature curve not being limited to the maxAltitude value? Feel free to say no, you've mentioned how annoying KSP's atmosphere system is to work with.

35 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@The White Guardian I don't think there are issues with giving hazardous oceans to a gas giant

I could always be wrong

I could always try. I mean, the atmosphere of the gas giant in question is over 700 degrees ASL, no way anyone's getting down there, and...

Sh*t, if I manage to get it working, I could use it to create an animated 'surface'!

14 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, sorry to butt in here and start asking possibly irrelevant questions, but I remember Kopernicus having procedural gas giant clouds. I think this feature was lost in a game update?

EDIT: Recording of effect in 1.0.5 KSPRC

Wrong mod, you're looking for KopernicusExpansion. :wink:

Edited by The White Guardian

@Thomas P. @NathanKell I'm going to ask a rather strange question - can I get some information on the mod PQSCity?

The mod seems mostly shrouded in mystery for now, and I'd like to see it used more often to generate unique 3d-structures on planets. Basically make stuff like this possible when given the dedication.

I've found a bit of documentation here, but it's not much:

PQSCity

lodvisibleRangeMult = double, multiplier to the maximum range at which KSC is displayed

latitude and longitude are self-explanatory, and override RepositionRadial

repositionRadiusOffset = double, height above sea level to place the object.

repositionToSphereSurface = bool, reposition to the PQS terrain surface, rather than to sea level (defaults to false)

repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = bool, if above is true, then RadiusOffset is added to height above ground for placing KSC if and only if this is set true

reorientInitialUp = Vector3, the up-vector to use when reorienting the model. Should be fine to leave alone if you want a flat runway and launchpad.

reorientFinalAngle = float (degrees), angular offset for orienting KSC. If the runway doesn't point due east, use this.

It doesn't really go into detail as to how to set up the mod for a custom project.

So far the following values seem to be in play:

PQSCity
{
	lodvisibleRangeMult = double
	repositionRadiusOffset = double
	repositionToSphereSurface = bool
	repositionToSphereSurfaceAddHeight = bool
	reorientInitialUp = vector3
	reorientFinalAngle = float
	enabled = bool
	order = double
}

Which certainly seems very little, it misses the model specifying for example. Therefore I'd like to ask - could I get some info as to what values are used actually, and what they do? (save for the ones above seeing as there is already documentation on those available)

There's also a "PQSCity2."  I have no idea how either of them work, but that one at least has a name string.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_p_q_s_city2.html

I know that most planet builders who have done easter eggs use Kerbal Konstructs for it, but I'd like to know how to do it the stockalike way - for things like SCANSat being able to pick them up.  I haven't seen any examples of that and I want to know if it's even possible to do.

Edited by narhiril
typo

@Sigma88 I tried adding an ocean to a gasplanet, here's what happened:

Planet.body file:

[LOG 19:15:21]: Parsing Target Ocean in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.OceanLoader)
[LOG 19:15:21]: Exception Was Recorded: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode (System.Type type, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 19:15:21]: Inner Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.OceanLoader..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Config:

Ocean
		{
			maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
			minLevel = 2
			maxLevel = 12
			minDetailDistance = 8
			oceanColor = 1,1,1,1
			Material
			{
				colorFromSpace = 0.623529,0.164706,0
				//color = 0.623529,0.164706,0
			}
			FallbackMaterial
			{
				colorFromSpace = 0.623529,0.164706,0
				//color = 0.623529,0.164706,0
			}
			Mods
			{
				AerialPerspectiveMaterial
				{
					globalDensity = -0.00001
					heightFalloff = 6.75
					atmosphereDepth = 150000
					DEBUG_SetEveryFrame = true
					cameraAlt = 0
					cameraAtmosAlt = 0
					heightDensAtViewer = 0
					enabled = true
					order = 200
				}
				OceanFX
				{
					Watermain
					{
						waterTex-0 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud1
						waterTex-1 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud2
						waterTex-2 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud3
						waterTex-3 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud4
						waterTex-4 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud1
						waterTex-5 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud2
						waterTex-6 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud3
						waterTex-7 = PlanetCyran/Textures/Cloud4
					}
					framesPerSecond = 1
					spaceAltitude = 150000
					blendA = 0
					blendB = 0
					texBlend = 0
					angle = 0
					specColor = 0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000
					oceanOpacity = 0
					spaceSurfaceBlend = 0
					enabled = true
					order = 200
				}
			}
			HazardousOcean
			{
				key = 0			500	0	-0.000003397736430708051
				key = 147156794	0	0	0
			}
			Fog
			{
				fogColorEnd = 0.623529,0.164706,0
				fogColorStart = 0.623529,0.164706,0
				skyColorOpacityBase = 0.7
			}
		}

9 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@The White Guardian @narhiril

I don't think kopernicus can edit pqscity/pqscity2 mods

You'll need a custom dll for that

I'm actually looking into adding it to kopernicus but it's a busy time of the year

Darn. I'd take a look at making one myself, problem is I'm just a C# scriptkiddie at this point... :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.