I'm deleting my account

SiriusRocketry

I have tried so hard over these last two and a bit years to connect and enjoy the prescene of those associated with this community. I have wanted to write stories for as long as I can remember, and KSP was a perfect outlet for this. It was through writing that the trouble with a rotted, disgusting side of this community began. I'm not naming names but they know what happened. It's driven me to the edge and over it.

Two years, some of the best years of my life. But as they say all good things will come to an end.

This account will remain open for 24 hours if you want to say goodbye. If you know me on Discord, hit me up, don't hesitate.

I'm sad that my writing never reached what it could have. @DarkOwl57 I'm sorry that I will never finish Find The Gap. @KSK, @Kuzzter and all assorted soforth in the Thread for Writers to talk about Writing, I apologise for never delivering on the promise I made to show you what I thought. You are all wonderful people, and I wish you every success. [snip] I'm sorry for what I did. I hope you can forgive me.

Lastly, to [snip]. I somehow still respect you slightly after all you did. Stay sharp, and try to be a bit more understanding with the next guy who comes across your path seeking help.

Thanks to this forum. You are the greatest community ever, and I pray you carry on the that torch. May your rockets fly ever straight!

@Vanamonde and you mods,  keep it the way it is. May your iron rule never be disrupted :)

And on that bombshell, it's time to end these glorious two years with you guys. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Edited by Vanamonde
Names removed.

[snip]

If you are really leaving, these are my parting words for you: I really, really hope you never give up on life as you so often state you plan to do. Please, please pull yourself together and do something important with your existence. Stop unnerving and alienating people around you... you can do better. I know someone as talented as you can do better. There's a book waiting to be written that only you can write; there's another person's life waiting to be improved that only you can improve. Seize the day. Please.

Edited by Vanamonde

@SiriusRocketry,

As a long-time member of the forum and a fan-fic author myself, let me encourage you to stick around. Ultimately, you'll have to decide what is best for you, but before you do decide, here's a few things to think about:

Fan fic and the forum here is a strange thing. At times, I've had up to a hundred readers then other times, I have a core group of about ten. It is easy to get disgruntled, want to leave the forum, and to leave a pile of burning embers in the background as we make our departure. But when we do things like that, it is always on impulse, we are seeing things through a distorted lens, and we are focused on the wrong things. Believe me, I know.

I now write for my own amusement. I enjoy the story, I enjoy the game, and I enjoy the way my imagination has put the two together. Sure, the "likes" are nice, but again, I am now doing it for the self-satisfaction. Also, some of your worst critics on the forum are folks who simply are rock throwers. Their whole existence is to find other folks having a good time and to throw rocks as hard as they can at them. Don't let the rock throwers win.

For the most part, most of the folks on the forum are a pretty friendly bunch. Find some good ones. When your judgment is clouded, ask them. Stand strong, keep plugging away, but most of all, have fun and enjoy what it is that you do in both writing and Kerbal Space Program.

Sorry to see you go, Sirius. I know life is tough but this is honestly one of the most accepting communities on the internet, it'd be great if you were to stay. But ultimately it's your choice. - Cat

If you want to leave we can’t stop you.

But I don’t believe deleting your account is necessary.

You can remove yourself without deleting the account. And if you find yourself wanting to return eventually you will still have the account, should the desire arise.

You may never return, but your influence will remain.

I can’t say I’m familiar with you, but in my experience this community is one of the best I know of on the modern internet and has remained as such for years. It will be difficult, at least for me, to find a similarly sized community of such quality. If your experience has been negative then I am sorry.

Have a good day, fellow forum user. 

On 7/8/2019 at 10:49 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Sorry to see you go, Sirius. I know life is tough but this is honestly one of the most accepting communities on the internet, it'd be great if you were to stay. But ultimately it's your choice. - Cat

the forums summed up in a few words right there. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.