Jump to content

Question regarding Kerbal Space Program 2 and 1.


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, A Random Kerbonaut said:

When Kerbal Space Program 2 is released, will the original game still get major updates, or bug fixes? Just general attention to the original because I don't know if I will buy the second.

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

Unfortunately, I expect to see less mod content as modders rush to the new game in town.  I'm not excited about KSP 2.  I see it as the death knell for KSP 1.

I have the feeling that mods will still exist in KSP,for none other then the fact that there will always be things that can be done in KSP that cant be done in KSP 2, just as it is true the opposite. Also,not everyone is gonna buy KSP 2, so they'll have to find their mods somewhere :).

 

Edited by nascarlaser1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

dvd

No way, dvd can be microwaved. Them planes flying over my house might do it, while spraying their happy-happy joy-joy chems.

I say we chisel the binary bitcode into stone tablets. And draw instructions on reading the code on the walls of the cave we store them in. 100000 years from now, when the survivor descendants of the impending apocalypse seek refuge in this cave, they will spontaneously evolve into the most intelligent species on the planet, simultaneously going extinct because of spending all their time trying to send rocks into orbit instead of foraging for food.

Humanity will end but hey, as endings go, this has got to be a good one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 4:45 PM, Apollo13 said:

Unfortunately, I expect to see less mod content as modders rush to the new game in town.  I'm not excited about KSP 2.  I see it as the death knell for KSP 1.

My wish is that Squad is incentivized to create some very cool new features, then the two dev teams start actively competing as if they are rival games, people buy dlc for both games, and we have two competing space simulator games.

Edited by evandisoft
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, evandisoft said:

My wish is that Squad is incentivized to create some very cool new features, then the two dev teams start actively competing as if they are rival games, people buy dlc for both games, and we have two competing space simulator games.

Not really a great business model having an IP compete against itself.  Hopefully Simple Rockets 2 can be the proper competition for KSP2.  Competition KSP1 never had, which a lack of, I feel, lead to some of the lack luster features such as career mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Not really a great business model having an IP compete against itself.  Hopefully Simple Rockets 2 can be the proper competition for KSP2.  Competition KSP1 never had, which a lack of, I feel, lead to some of the lack luster features such as career mode.


Yes, it was great initially and then they did nothing with it. They seem to be doing more recently though, and its probably because of KSP2. I'm just wondering if that could work, because possibly their competition would lead to better features and more money. Though I suppose this is just a silly hope born of me owning KSP1 already and not wanting to have to buy  another game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...