SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

I'm not really sure how to answer that question. It all got installed with KSP Interstellar Extended. I haven't built anything that does any mining yet so I'm not using anything for ore currently. I just need containers for metal and rocket parts, and some part that will allow me to build ships/bases out of the stored parts.

1 hour ago, DrJonez said:

I'm not really sure how to answer that question. It all got installed with KSP Interstellar Extended. I haven't built anything that does any mining yet so I'm not using anything for ore currently. I just need containers for metal and rocket parts, and some part that will allow me to build ships/bases out of the stored parts.

@DrJonezthank you.

Am puzzling through it. Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy with just one resource switcher, but multiple gets a little more interesting.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@DrJonez would you kindly .7z your module manager `ConfigCache.cfg` located either in GameData\ or <KSP_ROOT>/PluginData/ModuleManager and send me the link?

ConfigCache.cfg contains all the part configurations. Want this to help develop patches.

As it is, I am writing a temporary set of patches to at least get you going. These will be normally OFF patches, that if you want to use you should copy to a private folder under GameData (create if needed) such as `MyPatches`; then rename to *.cfg from *.cfg.OFF

More very shortly.

@zer0KerbalSorry for the delay! I don't seem to have that file, at least not in any of the places you listed. There's a PartDatabase.cfg in the root directory along with several other cfg files, but nothing close to ConfigCache.cfg. It's not in GameData either and my PluginData folder is completely empty of any other files/folders.

2 minutes ago, DrJonez said:

@zer0KerbalSorry for the delay! I don't seem to have that file, at least not in any of the places you listed. There's a PartDatabase.cfg in the root directory along with several other cfg files, but nothing close to ConfigCache.cfg. It's not in GameData either and my PluginData folder is completely empty of any other files/folders.

ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in GameData for me)

2 minutes ago, DrJonez said:

which version of Module Manager? The CKAN or the /L?

if the CKAN - the file is created automatically when game loads by MM - it is the cache.

If /L version - would be in <KSP_ROOT>/PluginData/ModuleManager/

Just now, zer0Kerbal said:

which version of Module Manager? The CKAN or the /L?

if the CKAN - the file is created automatically when game loads by MM - it is the cache.

If /L version - would be in <KSP_ROOT>/PluginData/ModuleManager/

I have no idea what you're asking here. What? I don't even know what a Module Manager is.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/382780148237467648/994459606908674108/ModuleManager.7z here is the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file that taniwha mentioned :)

8 minutes ago, DrJonez said:

I have no idea what you're asking here. What? I don't even know what a Module Manager is.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/382780148237467648/994459606908674108/ModuleManager.7z here is the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file that taniwha mentioned :)

the file you provided (thank you @DrJonez) let's me see what parts are loading and exactly how they are configured

Spoiler

PART
    {
        name = RadialOreTank
        module = Part
        author = RoverDude
        mesh = RadialOreTank.mu
        scale = 1
        rescaleFactor = 1
        node_attach = 0,0,0.0,0,0,1,1
        TechRequired = advScienceTech
        entryCost = 1000
        cost = 300
        category = FuelTank
        subcategory = 0
        title = Radial Holding Tank
        manufacturer = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
        description = A small radial tank for storing raw materials, or possibly spare snacks.
        attachRules = 0,1,0,1,0
        mass = 0.125
        dragModelType = default
        maximum_drag = 0.2
        minimum_drag = 0.2
        angularDrag = 2
        crashTolerance = 7
        maxTemp = 2000
        bulkheadProfiles = srf
        tags = black isru mine )mining (ore resource store cck-sc cck-el
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = Ore
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 75
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleFuelJettison
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleCargoPart
            packedVolume = 340
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = TweakScale
            type = free
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
            tankSwitchNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceGui = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceAmounts = 75;75;75;75;75;75;75
            hasGUI = true
            availableInFlight = true
            availableInEditor = true
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = AttachedOnEditor
            active = True
        }
    }
}

PART
    {
        name = RadialOreTank-rocketparts
        module = Part
        author = RoverDude
        mesh = RadialOreTank.mu
        scale = 1
        rescaleFactor = 1
        node_attach = 0,0,0.0,0,0,1,1
        cost = 480
        category = -1
        subcategory = 0
        title = Radial Holding Tank (RocketParts)
        manufacturer = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
        description = This part has been depreciated, kindly use new part.
        attachRules = 0,1,0,1,0
        mass = 0.125
        dragModelType = default
        maximum_drag = 0.2
        minimum_drag = 0.2
        angularDrag = 2
        crashTolerance = 7
        maxTemp = 2000
        bulkheadProfiles = srf
        tags = black isru mine )mining (rocketparts parts  resource strocketparts parts 
        TechHidden = True
        entryCost = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = RocketParts
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 75
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleFuelJettison
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleCargoPart
            packedVolume = 340
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = TweakScale
            type = free
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
            tankSwitchNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceGui = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron;Mopedantte;Minerals;Regolith
            resourceAmounts = 75;75;75;75;75;75;75
            hasGUI = true
            availableInFlight = true
            availableInEditor = true
        }
        MODULE
        {
            name = AttachedOnEditor
            active = True
        }
    }

am now researching. Seems the parts are there, they are just playing hide-n-seek?

Just now, zer0Kerbal said:

am now researching. Seems the parts are there, they are just playing hide-n-seek?

Rustle some candy wrappers. The parts will come running (they can hear candy wrappers at 50m).

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Rustle some candy wrappers. The parts will come running (they can hear candy wrappers at 50m).

*chuckle* :joy: @taniwha

@DrJonez I think I now actually see the problem; and I think I have a solution. I have to patch KSPie's XPL patches (patch after the patches) in order to add RocketParts and Metals. I have some free time in the next 30 hours, let me see what I can do. Are you willing to test (remember to backup, and don't use on live saves you care about) the patch when it is ready? 

Now to let @FreeThinker know. :D

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@DrJonez

so this is my first attempt, it passes the load test - so care to take a test drive? (remember to backup and not use a save game you care about)

I would put this in a personal patch folder in <GameData> or save it into GameData/SimpleConstruction/Compatability as EXPERIMENTAL-InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg

GitHub Issue: https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleConstruction/issues/131

you can also download it here: Experimental-InterstellarFuelSwitch.zip

Spoiler
// EXPERIMENTAL-InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg v1.0.0.0
// SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
// created: 04 Jul 2022
// updated: 

// this file: CC BY-SA 4.0 by zer0Kerbal

// need to factor in metal which has a volume of 1 instead of ore's 5 and rocketparts's 5

@PART[RadialOreTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
	@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
    {
		@tankSwitchNames = #$tankSwitchNames$;Metal;RocketParts
        @resourceGui = #$resourceGui$;Metal;RocketParts
		@resourceNames = #$resourceNames$;Metal;RocketParts
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;75;75
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

@PART[SmallTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
    {
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;300;300
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

@PART[LargeTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
    {
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;1500;1500
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

Edited by zer0Kerbal

14 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@DrJonez

so this is my first attempt, it passes the load test - so care to take a test drive? (remember to backup and not use a save game you care about)

I would put this in a personal patch folder in <GameData> or save it into GameData/SimpleConstruction/Compatability as EXPERIMENTAL-InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg

GitHub Issue: https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SimpleConstruction/issues/131

you can also download it here: Experimental-InterstellarFuelSwitch.zip

Reveal hidden contents
// EXPERIMENTAL-InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg v1.0.0.0
// SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
// created: 04 Jul 2022
// updated: 

// this file: CC BY-SA 4.0 by zer0Kerbal

// need to factor in metal which has a volume of 1 instead of ore's 5 and rocketparts's 5

@PART[RadialOreTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
    {
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;75;75
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

@PART[SmallTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
    {
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;300;300
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

@PART[LargeTank]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch,Launchpad,SimpleConstruction]:LAST[SimpleConstruction]
{
    {
		@resourceAmounts = #$resourceAmounts$;1500;1500
		@fuelTankCounter += 2
	}
}

So far so good :)

unknown.png

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@DrJonezIf you are seeing it there - then it worked. :D

Am relieved. Will be adjusting the patch for KSPie ( @FreeThinker) because the normal IFS (fuel switcher) compatibility seems to work just fine. Incoming Release.

unknown.png

Here is a pizza as reward for your fine work. Thank you good sir for helping to fix my save :)

SimpleConstruction! Version
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.9-prerelease - <Merci DrJonez> edition

This is PRE-RELEASE - and WILL break saves

meaning things have changed, including file names
so delete GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and GameData/SimpleConstruction folders
THEN install new version

07 Jul 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Changes

Spoiler

Localization

• Add
  • updates #19 - Localization - Master
  • closes #31 - Localization - French (Français) <fr-fr.cfg>

Compatibility

• Interstellar aka KSPie
    • having Interstellar installed make RocketParts and Metal unavailable in stock tanks
    • Added
      • [Interstellar.cfg] v1.0.0.1
      • this patch adds [Metal] and [RocketParts] to the stock ore tanks using IFS
      • thank you to forum user DrJonez @DrJonez
    • closes #131 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: KSPie hides the stock metal and rocketparts tanks

GUI Issues

• Probably causes by a missing flag
    • closes #111 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: GUI issues

Status

• Issues
    • closes #133 - 4.0.99.9 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #134 - 4.0.99.9 Update Documentation
    • closes #135 - 4.0.99.9 Update Social Media
    • closes #136 - SimpleConstruction! (SCON) 4.0.99.9-prerelease <Merci DrJonez>

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• English English
  • Dutch Dutch - courtesy of GitHub user: x13x54
  • Français French (Français) - courtesy of GitHub user: izeau (Jean Dupouy) @Izeau!
  • German German (Deutsch)
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Extraplanetary Launchpads

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out taniwha and help translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

@taniwhahas just released a new version (beta/prerelease) of Extraplanetary Launchpads! Many QoL and Bug fixes and changes! Thank you!

Will take about a week to update SimpleConstruction! (SCON) (and therefore Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) and Keridian Dynamics (KDVA)) to XPL v6.99.2.

The new version of SimpleConstruction! will be 4.0.99.20-prerelease when it is released. I will also attempt to include a special experimental surprise!

With these changes, the minimum version of KSP that will be supported is 1.12.x; YMMV with older versions.

s.i.c. changelog

again, a very warm thank you to @taniwha!

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

I have released verion 6.99.2 of Extraplanetary Launchpads

Changes from 6.99.1

• Minimum KSP version is now 1.12 (might be able to use in 1.11).
  • Check for missing flag textures. Fixes stuck UI (visible symptom is a white flag icon).
  • Better consistency on the UI toggle button (maybe a bit small now, though).
  • Update resource manager correctly on vessel switch.
  • Don't interpolate single-point efficiency curves (fixes exception in converter module)
  • Add ModuleCargoPart to most parts (sorry @zer0Kerbal, not your PR: i'd already done it, but I plan to get to that), but only if KIS is not installed (based on the assumption that if KIS is installed, its storage options are considered to be superior)
  • Tweak the rocket builder's eject vectors, making exiting a "seat" less weird.
  • Add recipe (not used by EL) for sintering rocket parts. This allows direct scrap metal -> rocket parts production. Note that this needs a LOT of EC, but two fuel cell arrays (as modified by EL), or 10 gigantors in LKO, are sufficient to power a default unit (10g/s). However, it is very material efficient.
  • UI strings localized (always were in the new UI, but not in a config file: they're now loaded).
  • Add Brazilian Portuguese translation (many thanks to @Steven Marinelli)
  • Add agency localizations from @zer0Kerbal.
  • Add "hidden" +Z marker to the micropad. It's visible when placing the part using KIS, +Z chosen as that is "down" in the SPH, and the marker makes the orientation marker look weighted. Many thanks to @Rodger for his feedback.
  • Add support for subdirectories. I had over 150 craft files in my VAB (1.9.1 save). This... makes a very welcome difference.
  • Add construction drone and workshop as ISRU parts (for station and base contracts)
  • Wait for work sinks (currently just the various pads) to become ready before doing catch-up. This prevents an NRE in the build control code that I was not able to reproduce myself. Many many thanks to @Rodger (who ran into it) for his patience in testing (heavily modded JNSQ... load times are looooooong).
  • Add support for stock inventory parts to the resource manager. This means that resources stored in tanks stored in cargo containers are now counted correctly (only one level deep, though, so tanks in containers in containers won't be counted properly (same as KIS)). This is the reason for abandoning older versions of KSP.

As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome. Preferably github for the bug reports, and logs (KSP.log, make sure LOG_INSTANT_FLUSH in settings.cfg is True. Player.log accepted only if KSP actually crashes as it is normally an unreadable mess (and doesn't have timestamps)) or it didn't happen.

While this is still in the .99 series, I would say that EL is pretty stable and can be considered late beta or even final pre-release. It's more I have a few more things I want to get in before going to 7.0. Many many thanks to everyone who as given feedback and bug reports, and for putting up with my absence (gallivanting between The Bubble and Colonia, mostly in a DBX, both above and below the galactic plane, and a lot of work done on QuakeForge).

So, I've run into a new issue and I'm wondering if this might be another conflict with SCON. I've setup a base on Minmus with the intention of mining ore and creating metal and then rocket parts to create ships to send out further into the solar system. I built a solar probe that I planned to fuel with liquid hydrogen. I have all the equipment on Minmus to mine and refine hydrogen, but I can't seem to switch any tanks to store hydrates, the resource I need to mine to create hydrogen. Is this another issue with the storage of that resource getting turned off because of other mods possibly?

18 hours ago, DrJonez said:

So, I've run into a new issue and I'm wondering if this might be another conflict with SCON. I've setup a base on Minmus with the intention of mining ore and creating metal and then rocket parts to create ships to send out further into the solar system. I built a solar probe that I planned to fuel with liquid hydrogen. I have all the equipment on Minmus to mine and refine hydrogen, but I can't seem to switch any tanks to store hydrates, the resource I need to mine to create hydrogen. Is this another issue with the storage of that resource getting turned off because of other mods possibly?

@DrJonez have you looked through the patchmanager optional patches? I haven't played with KSPie in years (or played at all for a long time - too much to accomplish as an author) I see you posted a query in the KSPi thread, which is good.

I cannot conceive of any way SCON could interfere with lqdH storage, still am listening and will assist if I can.

You could also just copy the Interstellar.cfg into a private patch directory under GameData (don't even have to change the name, but I would) and use it to patch in lqdH (and any other resources you want) yourself. I don't know enough anymore about KSPi to do it myself.

For All Those who wanted recycling in SCON (which means no new models/parts) and those who want improved Interstellar/InterstellarFuelSwitch compatibility patches ( @DrJonez)

Feed back is requested. Remember back up your saves, and don't try on live saves.

EXPERIMENTAL

• download only from GitHub here
    • updates will be in same discussion as the download link
  • NEW:
    • Added recycler to "The Klaw" [GrapplingDevice]
    • updates #40 - Stock Recycler
    • adds a seperate mesh for the recycler
    • mesh needs some placement and size tweaks
  • Compatibility
    • [Interstellar.cfg] v1.0.1.0
      • localize
      • update patch