SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

Thanks a lot for keeping this mod going! I've recently built an orbital construction dock with simple construction and it is astoundingly useful! It's made ksp a ton more fun! :D

(From your profile picture I think the following praise is somewhat ironically fitting):

Thanks for making a simple player like me very happy. :D

Edit: I should probably thank taniwha, matter beam, Ericwi and real gecko too. Thanks a load guys, this mod is awesome! Thanks for making this possible!

Edited by Hyperspace Industries

11 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Thanks a lot for keeping this mod going! I've recently built an orbital construction dock with simple construction and it is astoundingly useful! It's made ksp a ton more fun! :D

(From your profile picture I think the following praise is somewhat ironically fitting):

Thanks for making a simple player like me very happy. :D

@Hyperspace Industries Thank you. And DirkGently might have been better, still 42.

Real Credit goes to @taniwha, @MatterBeam, @RealGecko and @Ericwi

Edited by zer0Kerbal

8 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

does it work well for 1.12.9??? As last time a few months ago, It didn't work ...the HUD UI for Capula doesn't show up! 

1.12.9?

Are you a time traveller?

If so then delight us with the futuristic KSP knowledge!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, long-time user of SimpleConstruction and really glad it's been taken over and updated!

Question regarding the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads DLL included: The most recent version of EL (per the forums) is 6.99, but the version included with SC is 6.8.3 currently. I would assume using the 6.8.3 does everything you need it to do for this mod.  (In previous SC iterations, I remember having to jury-rig the old SC config files with the latest EL file.)

Do you anticipate using or including the updated the EL file with SC? Or maybe it doesn't matter at this point? 

Thanks for all your work!

Edited by scottadges

On 12/2/2021 at 4:56 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

New Version: (Remember this is still prerelease)

• should (knocking on wood) fix
  • spawning inside of docking ports - fix should work - unless the docking port has been offset/rotated
  • the clampBurgler has been caught and locked away.
  • duplicate patch removed
  • more

Please note - if downloading from CurseForge - the archive structure has changed to accommodate their app.

Instead of opening inside of your game folder, copy contents of archive directly into the KSP/GameData/ folder

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/sc/files/all

@scottadges, thank you and welcome - above (s.i.c.) contains latest version of Launchpad.dll - only released to CurseForge due to the beta status of EL.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

9 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

It requires a mesh on the model; and since SCON! doesn't add models - it can't be a feature in it. :(

NSSC has models that do this, as does Keridian Dynamics (both which need passes)

So perhaps someone else (Not me, I don't have enough experience in this area) could write an integration with SCON!

7 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

could write an integration with SCON!

What it needs (if I am understanding correctly) is a model (.mu) with a special mesh - so it would add a part, unless someone would provide a modified stock part with that mesh (if that is even permissible under the EULA and copyright).

But that would go against the whole idea of SCON! of not adding any parts (at least models and textures). 

With that being said, I would seriously consider just adding a recycler.mu and using the stock textures with it (see above caveats).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @flart!

8 hours ago, flart said:

CKAN install of the SimpleConstruction! v4.0.2.7 doesn't have any dlls

emphasis added:

On 1/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

@scottadges, thank you and welcome - above (s.i.c.) contains latest version of Launchpad.dll - only released to CurseForge due to the beta status of EL.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Thank you @taniwha!

On 2/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, taniwha said:

I have released vesrion 6.99.1 of Extraplanetary Launchpads

Changes from 6.99.0:

• Fix .version file to cover 1.8-.1.12
  • Update settings window for the new UI
  • Move global settings into PluginData (instead of in the save files)
  • Add a button to load settings in-game (you can edit the settings file and then reload the settings without having to restart KSP)
  • Ensure all created vessels (built and temporary) have a valid orbit. This fixes some nasty pseudo-crashes that for me happened only when building a survey stake. It might be related to the crashes that occur for people using Principia: please test and let me know. Thanks to @Angel-125 for finding such a nicely reproduce-able issue.
  • Survey site ranges can be configured on a per-part basis (for @Angel-125)

I will work on updating and releasing a new pre-release

Track progress: issues here - projects here.

The Short List

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal | Twitter

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@Kerbal Productionsthank you, @MatterBeam is to thank!

15 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

But just a problem, I've got my UI not updated but SC does work.

So you manually installed.

Did you delete /GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and /SimpleConstruction?

Did you copy both of those folders into your GameData from the new archive? Nothing can remain. Also which version of SimpleConstruction! are you using? and from where?

if you mean symbolic link (attached) - I do that all the time. makes for less headaches when updating.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:18 AM, krautbernd12 said:

Coming back to KSP after some time off, and I dimly remember using SimpleConstruction (I think, looking at the UI) in earlier versions, but also in conjuction with Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (Smelter/Workshop/Launchpad etc.) - is this (still) possible?

Welcome back! @krautbernd12Should be.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Did you delete /GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and /SimpleConstruction?

For EL, no, I just overwrote what files are in there. But I'll test removing the folder then getting the EL on the SC zip. I feel like a crazy guy talking about stuff here with abbreviations!

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Also which version of SimpleConstruction! are you using?

Latest, 4.0.2.7.

16 minutes ago, Kerbal Productions said:

For EL, no, I just overwrote what files are in there.

@Kerbal Productionsthis makes a massive impact.

test

good. please let me know.

crazy guy

*chuckle* try typing Extraplanetary Launchpads ten times.. let alone SimpleConstruction! :P

Latest

Version 4.0.9.9.1-prerelease - A Bigger Hammer available on Curseforge only.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

1 hour ago, Kerbal Productions said:

Now I booted KSP before you posted this: now EL's gone, lol

So I'll just have to add the folders to GameData, nothing else?

wait- so I have to make a clean install? I'll lose my base then :(

a clean install just means (normally) to delete all the respective mod components and then install new.

SimpleConstruction! has two folders in GameData (and the folder' contents that is).

You shouldn't loose anything.

Plus there is a new version of SCON! and you will see a different icon on the toolbar for it.