[1.8.1 - 1.12.x] Bumblebee v0.6

Rodger

4 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

I’ve got a little suggestion, maybe other concepts like Dragonfly could be implemented? It’d be sick to have a functional-good looking river parts mod.

That's... literally what this mod is?  Unless you mean concepts *other* than Dragonfly?

• 2 months later...

Hey theres this bug whenever i purchase the part in R&D (I have funds purchase parts enabled) It still says it need an entry fund in R&D, and B9 gives an error about duplicate parts, i've re installed multiple times butit wont fix it. I'll get the logs and screenshots soon. I have all dependencies and no known conflicting mods

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I only found this mod just now and it already is one of my favorites. However I have a weird issue: When in Full Power mode, the rotors don't make any sound. After switching to Low Power mode, they buzz as intended. I spent the afternoon repairing my KSP install and getting rid of some unnecessary mods, but still no change. I went through the Bumblebee configs and the KSP log but can't make out any clue to what is going on.

I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to look at the log file. I uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14nQJKPyJczRTp4DRHEGWQHbkXT7tFqN1/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Heyo - big thanks for this amazing mod. I am currently obsessed with getting this thing to Titan in KSRSS at 2.5x.

I'm having trouble getting a clean separation from the aeroshell. I have made sure that the tips of the blades are all rotated such that nothing is poking though the aeroshell, but still the craft gets stuck against the insides of the shell at separation. The only way to get it out is to spin the rotors and yank the controls around until it falls out. I have tried using the provided sample craft build, as well as building my own from scratch - and both have the same results. 

Any pointers?

On 3/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Roger Workman said:

When in Full Power mode, the rotors don't make any sound.

This is true for me, too.

• 7 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:09 AM, Roger Workman said:

Hello everyone!

I only found this mod just now and it already is one of my favorites. However I have a weird issue: When in Full Power mode, the rotors don't make any sound. After switching to Low Power mode, they buzz as intended. I spent the afternoon repairing my KSP install and getting rid of some unnecessary mods, but still no change. I went through the Bumblebee configs and the KSP log but can't make out any clue to what is going on.

I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to look at the log file. I uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14nQJKPyJczRTp4DRHEGWQHbkXT7tFqN1/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

On 3/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Heyo - big thanks for this amazing mod. I am currently obsessed with getting this thing to Titan in KSRSS at 2.5x.

I'm having trouble getting a clean separation from the aeroshell. I have made sure that the tips of the blades are all rotated such that nothing is poking though the aeroshell, but still the craft gets stuck against the insides of the shell at separation. The only way to get it out is to spin the rotors and yank the controls around until it falls out. I have tried using the provided sample craft build, as well as building my own from scratch - and both have the same results. 

Any pointers?

This is true for me, too.

Sorry for the very late replies! I've looked into the sound issue and have fixed it on my end. Just need to fix the seperation issue, looks like some colliders are out of place since I updated the decoupler.

*edit* V0.6 up now!

Edited by Rodger

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

*edit* V0.6 up now!

Thank you for the update! I've done a couple tests this morning and had much better success with the aeroshell separation - thanks, that seems perfect on my system now.

The sound issue persists, but this might be my fault. Does the sound fix depend on the bundled CCK or CRP? I have slightly earlier versions of those 2 dependencies, which are required by another mod, so I have not copied your bundled versions. If the sound fix relies on those specific versions I will do some mod shuffling and test again.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Thank you for the update! I've done a couple tests this morning and had much better success with the aeroshell separation - thanks, that seems perfect on my system now.

The sound issue persists, but this might be my fault. Does the sound fix depend on the bundled CCK or CRP? I have slightly earlier versions of those 2 dependencies, which are required by another mod, so I have not copied your bundled versions. If the sound fix relies on those specific versions I will do some mod shuffling and test again.

The sound should be self contained in the mod... Ah my bad fix incoming lol

New version up now now actually includes the fixed configs!

Edited by Rodger

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And this time it's Titan (from Reborn)...

3Fzbbad.png

Rodger - idk what to do with the air intake clickies on the PAW. What am I missing?

Also, yay me for using this mod for like 2 years and a) not knowing the above and b) just recently figuring out that rotating the propellers will get you a perfectly clean separation from the aeroshell. There is a position in which none of the blades touch the shell, but that's not the default position they snap to when added to the craft. My aeroshell separations used to be a bit iffy, but now they're squeaky clean. GO TITAN(s).

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

In its natural habitat! And yeah it’s a tight fit but it should all pack in nicely lol

The air intake PAW options are basically just a byproduct of how non robotic air breathing engines are set up, I don’t think there’s any point in “closing” them. Tbh I’m not even sure there’s any point in closing them on stock air intakes? It might reduce drag slightly, (if that’s even what that option does) but if your rapier ssto is choking for air at altitude, there isn’t going to be a lot of drag difference anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.