[1.12.4] Kerbin Side Remastered GAP - Flight contract pack [v2.1.7] [2022-12-19]

Caerfinon

Current status

• UK Cargo Flight play-testing
    • Third United Knations Mission
    • Details of all UK missions now available on the Wiki
    • The cargo must flow
  • Fixed issue with kerbal naming for Navy Observers, Navy Pilots, and UK VIKs
    • randomly generated names will now be gender appropriate per spawned Kerbal
  • modified contracts are on GitHub now, and will be included in the next release.

Version 1.2.0 now on Spacedock

• Issue #22 United Knations flight missions added ( See Wiki for details)
    •    VIK Transport flights
    •    Cargo flights
    •    Disaster Relief flights
  • Minor updates
    •   Navy flight recovery options
    •   matched name gender to the gender of specially created Kerbal characters - previously random names were used.
    •    updated ATC dialog portraits
    •   new flight path created for KSC ILS 27 runway in Kramax Autopilot Continued patch

Current Status

Working on the following;

• Issue 23 Commence work on Knations Intelligence Agency (KIA) missions - Mr White has some "jobs" that need doing...
    • Move agents between major bases
    • Stealth Para-drop Agents to remote assignments
    • Agent extraction and return
    • Civil Unrest
  • Issue 24  Adding support for KSC Extended mod
    • Update patches for Kramax Autopilot Continued and NavUtilities Continued for runways 16 and 34 at TSC (these patch files are available on GitHub now)
    • Create open base mission for TSC Launch facility
    • Create standard TKA flights to TSC
Edited by Caerfinon

Current Status:

• While working on the KSC Extended mod support,  I stumbled on a methodology to reduce the number of contract files down from 124 to about 5 while increasing the flights from 124 to 154 destinations and have multi-hop flights from all airports. So I'm coding down the rabbit hole... This also means VIK transports and Cargo flights  to and from pretty much everywhere as well.  
  • Introduced KK taxiways from the runway at Baikerbanur to the air terminal as there needs to be an easy path for VIK pick up and drop off. 

• Flight navigation aides and KK cfg files are available on GitHub now and will be included in the next release.
Edited by Caerfinon

@Caerfinon I don't know if it's been reported yet or not, but you seem to have some typos, and a Lt. that likes to strap himself in upside down in your navy certification test 2 ...  Unless Aplpha maker is something you intended to put in there...  I'm also assuming this mission is from this mod, I don't think I have any other flight contracts that add missions like this.

Ck2nblu.jpg

Edited by vardicd

@vardicdAre you running the latest version from spacedock/ckan?  The upsidedown Lt. Dan was corrected in v1.1.4 and we are currently at v1.2.0.  

I'll verify the spelling on the messages and the Lt. Dan issue - Issue 26 has be raised to track  (and yes my spelling is atrocious)

Any missions from the Navy, the United Knations, Trans Kerbin Airlines, or Hinterland Tours are mine...

Edited by Caerfinon

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

@vardicdAre you running the latest version from spacedock/ckan?  The upsidedown Lt. Dan was corrected in v1.1.4 and we are currently at v1.2.0.  

I'll verify the spelling on the messages and the Lt. Dan issue - Issue 26 has be raised to track  (and yes my spelling is atrocious)

Looks like the version I have downloaded and am using is v 1.1.3, I hadn't realized the mod had been updated so far since I downloaded. sorry then for the report on an out of date version. If I upgrade to the latest version, will I lose progress on my missions? 

Just now, vardicd said:

If I upgrade to the latest version, will I lose progress on my missions? 

The spelling mistakes are still there but Dan should be OK

None of the mission names or requirements have changed so progress should be maintained in your current game.

Just now, Caerfinon said:

The spelling mistakes are still there but Dan should be OK

None of the mission names or requirements have changed so progress should be maintained in your current game.

Okay, I'll update after this session, so hopefully I won't drop any more out of date bug reports.

7 hours ago, vardicd said:

don't know if you've caught this one yet or not.

The current code  for that mission appears corrected;

description = Trans Kerbin Airlines wants to open routes to the . The site is of great historical significance to the history of kerbaled space exploration, and the fishing is really good too.&br;&br;Fly out @/numPassengers company executives to Cape Kerman to negotiate, wait 30 seconds for the deal to be finalized, take off and return back to KSC.
	genericDescription = Trans Kerbin Airlines wants to open routes to the Cape Kerman Space Center. The site is of great historical significance to the history of kerbaled space exploration, and the fishing is really good too.&br;&br;Fly out 2-4 company executives to Cape Kerman to negotiate, wait 30 seconds for the deal to be finalized, take off and return back to KSC.
	synopsis = This is an inital service round trip flight to establish the KSC to Cape Kerman Space Center route. Once completed regular flight service contracts will begin.

Current Status: V2 Changes are coming

• Issue 25 Restructuring Airline-Flights for Version 2.0.0 release
    • I've completed the work on the new code and have reduced the original 88 flight contracts down to 5 contracts that will generate 93 flights and support the KSC Extended mod's TSC base if you have that installed
      • This also provides the ability to expand easily to "other" Kerbal-Konstructs sites that may be desirable.
    • Still working on the multi site code but I imagine it will require 3 additional contract files that will produce and additional 138 flight combinations
    • The new code is much easier to support, but this also results in some "generic" dialog messages and less local flavour in the descriptions.
    • Flight Progress is now tracked using the Persistent Data Store method rather than the contract complete method so current progress form the version 1 code will be lost at first, but you can edit the persistent data store to set you back to the number of bases you have flown to currently.  (unfortunately you will have to complete the Navy Certification missions again). Details of how to do this will be provided in the README.md file
    • I will release the 2.0 code as a pre-release beta for people who want to test before putting it on CKAN/Spacedock after I finish the multi site missions
    • The current v1 code with recent commits has been frozen in a GitHub pre-release v1.2.1 which will not be released to CKAN/Spacedock but is available for those that don't want to go to v2 in their current games

The new V2 code in the Contract window after 4 base opening missions;

Spoiler

rdNEOnd.png

@Caerfinon Just because I'm curious, and sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere already and I've missed it, but I know that there are stock rescue contracts [pretty sure that's stock?] that will spawn a piece of debris in orbit, or around the Mun or where ever. Have you thought of using that to force spawn a 'wrecked plane cockpit' somewhere, assuming it's possible to cause those to spawn on the ground or floating in the water, to tie into your navy patrol missions? Go out fly your patrol, water land near the wreck, rescue the downed pilot, bring them back to base? I don't know if that's possible, just occurred to me, thought I'd ask/give you the idea if you hadn't considered it.

@Caerfinon Also some of the landing at target distances might need some adjusting. Had a navy Kola Island patrol mission that needed me to land on the runway or at the harbor, and I landed on the runway at 731 M from the runway marker, and it did not complete the mission, I had to roll almost literally on top of the marker, 7 M away before it triggered the end of the mission, that seems a little harsh? This was with version 1.2.0 

Landed:

LEWXbdO.jpg

Recovered, but no joy on the contract:

XO5RbRp.jpg

loaded quicksave and tried again, got this pop up at 7.2 M from marker:

lZN7iEd.jpg

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

731 M

The way-point parameter is set to a trigger of 690 meters (see below). Do you have the latest version of contract configurator and waypoint manager?  The full requirement is to be within the 690 meters and be at a full stop.

PARAMETER
			{
				name = VisitWaypoint
				type = VisitWaypoint
				index = 7

distance = 690
				hideOnCompletion = true

completeInSequence = true
				disableOnStateChange = false
				hideChildren = true
				hidden = true

}
2 hours ago, vardicd said:

Recovered, but no joy on the contract:

The recovery action for the mission has to take place at the Naval Air Station for either just the navy observer on EVA or the entire aircraft. The parameter for being on the runway must also be active (ie within 690 meters and stopped). If you are moving or beyond the 690 meters the parameter deactivates until the conditions are met again.

The dialog box triggers when the parameter is met but it can be delayed if there are other processes that are interrupting it. For this I'd need to look at your ksp.log and player.log file for the game session

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

Have you thought of using that to force spawn a 'wrecked plane cockpit' somewhere

I've raised Issue 27 to track this request. There some examples of this in a forked version of the original GAP code by TranceaddicT ( GAP/tree/master/Coast Guard ) where craft are spawned as part of the rescue. I could take a look at that. I'd want to fire it off as a random chance encounter during a patrol mission that the player then has to react to for additional rewards.

Current Status:

VERSION 2 BETA

• This version will reset your flight progress to the beginning again. See the README.md file for instructions on how to set your progress back to your current base level.
  • This implements a complete restructuring of the Airline-Flight mission by reducing the 125 current contract files to 8 contract files while increasing the possible number of unique airline-flights to 230
  • The flights use more of the Kerbin Side Remastered airports as there is now an Airport Terminal way-point where the passengers exchanges take place. You will need to taxi to and from the runways to perform this.
    • a taxiway has been added to the Baikerbanur base to facilitate smoother access to the airport terminal from the runway. 
  • Support for KSC Extended mod is now built in. If you have it installed the contracts will direct flights to the TSC Launch facility when your flight progress reaches that base.

The Code:

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

The way-point parameter is set to a trigger of 690 meters (see below). Do you have the latest version of contract configurator and waypoint manager?  The full requirement is to be within the 690 meters and be at a full stop.

The recovery action for the mission has to take place at the Naval Air Station for either just the navy observer on EVA or the entire aircraft. The parameter for being on the runway must also be active (ie within 690 meters and stopped). If you are moving or beyond the 690 meters the parameter deactivates until the conditions are met again.

The dialog box triggers when the parameter is met but it can be delayed if there are other processes that are interrupting it. For this I'd need to look at your ksp.log and player.log file for the game session

My CC  and WM are both up to date as far as I can tell. I tried landing and recovering at several places on that runway with no joy, and I'll bet every time I was just slightly out of that 690M range, and wasn't paying attention to distance. I was just expecting it to work as long as I was on that runway, anywhere. Perhaps if it's not too difficult, changing the contract line for these types of missions to say "land at specific base" and come to a stop within "specific distance" of waypoint marker "runway or harbor" and then recover craft? I've only done a few of these navy patrol missions, but this is the second time I've run into this, not realizing I was landing too far away. it happened the other night, but I was tired and about to quit, so I just cheated it complete, as I didn't understand why it failed to complete. I repeated it again today, not so tired, so I could experiment to see if I was being dumb or if it was a bug. I might be the only person to run into this error, but it might save headache later if others run afoul of this? Up to you, just offering suggestions.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

just offering suggestions.

And they are good ones. 

When you land at the KSC, the runway is a Biome so you can detect a landing anywhere on it. with all the other bases you need to span a specific way-point. You can visually detect if you are near a way-point as it shows a message in the upper center of the screen and it will start blinking. when the parameter is met the way-point will disappear. If it hasn't you usually need to get closer to it. The default distance is 500 meters I increased it to 690 to add a little wiggle room. The way-points emanate from the middle of all the base runways.

I will look to add better notes to the requirements in future updates. The upcoming Version 2.0.0 release requires passenger drop off at a terminal in the airports and you need to taxi your aircraft within 50 meters of those.

32 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The upcoming Version 2.0.0 release requires passenger drop off at a terminal in the airports and you need to taxi your aircraft within 50 meters of those.

Yeah I'd definitely need that 50 m distance spelled out in the contract or I'd never figure that out, also a waypoint marker for the terminal, as I have no idea what the "terminal" structure looks like in KSP. I've never been to airport, nor flown, so I don't even think I'd be able to pick out what you mean in real life. 

Edited by vardicd

1 minute ago, vardicd said:

Yeah I'd definitely need that 50 m distance spelled out in the contract or I'd never figure that out, also a waypoint marker for the terminal, as I have no idea what the "terminal" structure looks like in KSP. I've never been to airport, nor flown, so I don't even think I'd be able to pick out what you mean in real life. 

Just google a terminal. Although I don't think the Kerbin Side mod has any terminals.

Also does this mod replace GAP or does it just add on flights?

50 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I don't even think I'd be able to pick out what you mean in real life. 

There will be a marker with an icon :)

48 minutes ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Also does this mod replace GAP or does it just add on flights?

This mod only adds base to base flights. It does not reproduce the original GAP missions so as to be compatible with other flight milestone contract packs.

Current Status:

• Modifying UK VIK transport and Cargo flight missions for Version 2 release
    • These flights are now configured so that the pick up and drop off locations can be between any two existing bases [more flight possibilities].
    • Flights are standardized on the V2 airline-flight model with ATC dialogs and terminal drop off and pick up
    • UK flights will require a "UK Transponder" part to identify the aircraft as authorized for the missions.

Version v2.0.0  Released on 2021-01-22 - Now on Spacedock

Includes changes from the Beta pre-release version and fixes to contracts from Beta play-testing

• Issue 25 - restructuring of Airline-Flight missions
  • issue 24 - support for KSC Extended mod specifically the new TSC base

This version will reset your flight progress. Look in the read-me file for instructions on restoring your flight progress after you fly the first "Lets Start an Airline" mission.

The Wiki has been updated