Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Borman

Lovell

Stafford

Scott*

Aldrin*

Schweickart

Anders

Schmitt*

Mattingly

Swigert

Haise

Duke*

With Collins' passing the list of people who have been beyond LEO is down to 12/24. I hope all these guys live to see us land again. Time is getting tight. The youngest, Anders, is 83.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Collins was the only human (living or dead) not in this picture at the time it was taken by him:

E0HS_kTXsAIvNO0?format=jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tater said:

Michael Collins was the only human (living or dead) not in this picture at the time it was taken by him:

Imagine if you where the only person not in this photo. Imagine that all 7.5 billion people where in this photo except you. That's crazy to think about isn't it.

I got very emotional about Collin's passing, he was one of my favorite apollo astronauts and was one of the first ones I followed on twitter :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:
1 hour ago, tater said:

 

Imagine if you where the only person not in this photo. Imagine that all 7.5 billion people where in this photo except you. That's crazy to think about isn't it.

IIRC, The count at the time was 10-12 billion, if you go with the living or dead part.  The 4-5 billion alive at the time, and the 5-6 billion dead.    Numbers are off a bit, but you get the idea.   

RIP 

(and yes, if we want to go down that street about the numbers, let’s do it In another thread.). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From interviews I have seen, he seemed like a kind, thoughtful man. I would have liked to have met him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tater said:

From interviews I have seen, he seemed like a kind, thoughtful man. I would have liked to have met him.

the only Apollo 11 astronaut who we still can meet is Buzz Aldrin, I hope someone on the forums can speak to him

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gargamel said:

IIRC, The count at the time was 10-12 billion, if you go with the living or dead part.  The 4-5 billion alive at the time, and the 5-6 billion dead.    Numbers are off a bit, but you get the idea.   

RIP 

(and yes, if we want to go down that street about the numbers, let’s do it In another thread.). 

Estimate for numbers of dead humans is almost 20x higher. As in numbers of "humans" lived, not number of tombstones or skeletons who is more like your number :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

:(  He died of Cancer.

 

 

Michael Collins was a historical hero. A hero that orbited the Moon.  He was part stayed up in space and heard Neil step on the Moon. He was a overachiever in spaceflight. Today, we remember as a hero of space travel. He wasnt just a man who orbited the moon. He is now more. Rest in Peace Michael Collins. May he rest in the stars.

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
Grieving.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...