[1.12.4]The Panocean Canal [v1.0.1]

Caerfinon

The Panocean Canal started as a thought the first time I saw a Kerbin geography map located on the Kerbin Nation States site.

tJjIGcO.png

The Panocean Canal links the oceans of Kerbin and allows naval circumnavigation of the world. It includes the following features;

• adds lighthouses and bridges in the canal zone.
  • adds a small base with a helipad and a water launch at each end of the canal

The mod only provides configuration files for other mods. It makes no modification to these other mods original assets or functions. You must acquire and install these mods for your own personal use and must abide by the terms of their licenses.

This mod requires the following to work;

• Kerbal Konstructs
  • Kerbin Side Core (this is part of the old Kerbin Side containing only statics available on CKAN, ** DO NOT USE Kerbin Side Complete ** )
  • Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required

It is compatible with Kerbin Side Remastered and associated mods.

Installation:

Using CKAN to install is the most effective way to install this mod. Please note that you will need to adjust your "compatible game versions" under CKAN settings to include KSP 1.5 - for Kerbin Side Core support.

oGolRyj.png

If you do not want to do this then you can manually override CKAN by selecting Kerbin Side Core in CKAN and in the panel on the right select the version tab and select the 3:1.5.1 mod version to install.

wwm3VVC.png

DO NOT USE the Kerbin Side Core package from SpaceDock as it is only version 1.3 of that mod. Only CKAN has the up to date files.

License: MIT

Download: available on SpaceDock and CKAN

Source:  https://github.com/caerfinon/PanoceanCanal

Issues: https://github.com/caerfinon/PanoceanCanal/issues

Thanks to @linuxgurugamer for prompting me to make a forum post for the mod.

Changelog

Spoiler

Version v1.0.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4  Released on 2022-11-16

Minor Adjustments

• Changed position of Miraflores section 7 of the canal to correct video clipping of terrain
  • changed elevation of Gatun base to correct terrain coverage.

Version v1.0.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4  Released on 2021-08-24

• Initial release

Edited by Caerfinon
v1.0.1 released

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KerbinSide Core is only available up to 1.5.99

Yes, the Kerbin Side Core package of only KK statics works in KSP 1.11.2 completely. It also works in KSP 1.12.2, however the statics cannot be edited or created due to the Kerbal Konstructs UI issues in KSP 1.12.x   

3 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Yes, the Kerbin Side Core package of only KK statics works in KSP 1.11.2 completely. It also works in KSP 1.12.2, however the statics cannot be edited or created due to the Kerbal Konstructs UI issues in KSP 1.12.x   

What ui issues?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

What ui issues?

Currently the in-game edit feature of Kerbal Konstructs is unusable  in KSP 1.12.x. After hitting CTL-K in a flight scene, the main editor window appears, but selecting any instance, group, or  map-decal causes the editor to hang, pop up blank windows and a host of other unpleasantness. I opened an issue with the new KK caretakers.   https://github.com/KSP-RO/Kerbal-Konstructs/issues/2

15 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Currently the in-game edit feature of Kerbal Konstructs is unusable  in KSP 1.12.x. After hitting CTL-K in a flight scene, the main editor window appears, but selecting any instance, group, or  map-decal causes the editor to hang, pop up blank windows and a host of other unpleasantness. I opened an issue with the new KK caretakers.   https://github.com/KSP-RO/Kerbal-Konstructs/issues/2

You may want to specify the full install instructions in the OP, including what would be needed to install using CKAN (specific steps)

59 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

For non-CKAN users, KerbinSideCore is here https://spacedock.info/mod/565/Kerbin-Side CORE 

51 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

that is only version 1.3. CKAN has version 1.5.1

For what it's worth, CKAN installs the CoreAssets and Flags folders from here, so presumably that's what this mod was developed against:

Just now, aagun123 said:

do you have the same problem?

I get the same issue when my graphics setting has terrain detail set to anything other than default. It goes away when I change it to default. The same issue pops up in the South Lake runways in Kerbin Side Remastered.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.