The Third Great Number War: The Long Haul!

AtomicTech

Choose your side!  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• The Positive Guard
    • The Negative Mercenaries
    • The Neutralists (Can go either way)
    • The Other People. Chaotic beings, the lot of them.

13 hours ago, ColdJ said:

You be careful you don't cross any licenses, New configs for stock parts doesn't violate anything but you have to be careful with actual models. Finding mods with models like you want, that have open licenses is safer. It is always polite to, If possible, ask permission or atleast acknowledge who created the original parts.

@AtomicTech

What if I just use the included stock models?

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

What if I just use the included stock models?

Stock models are licenced. It is a bit confusing but you can't even package their textures in your mod, you can make it so your config goes looking for their textures when it is installed to wrap a model. Mk2 Expansion and SXT both use that system, but when Squad change their folder structure the textures can move and so break the mods texture call. With SXT, Linuxgurugamer wrote a batch file that needs to be run, that goes looking for the missing textures in Zdeprecated folder and pops them in his folder system, but he can't package the textures in his distribution. You can use a 3d modeling program to import in a Squad model to use as a dimensions template to build your own models to the right size and shape, but you can't just use them as they appear in KSP, claim them as your own and then package them in a mod. That would get you in a lot of trouble.

So create your own custom configs that make use of the models that come with KSP is fine, But packaging those models as is in your mod and calling them yours, is very bad.

Be fine on -9

16 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

Stock models are licenced. It is a bit confusing but you can't even package their textures in your mod, you can make it so your config goes looking for their textures when it is installed to wrap a model. Mk2 Expansion and SXT both use that system, but when Squad change their folder structure the textures can move and so break the mods texture call. With SXT, Linuxgurugamer wrote a batch file that needs to be run, that goes looking for the missing textures in Zdeprecated folder and pops them in his folder system, but he can't package the textures in his distribution. You can use a 3d modeling program to import in a Squad model to use as a dimensions template to build your own models to the right size and shape, but you can't just use them as they appear in KSP, claim them as your own and then package them in a mod. That would get you in a lot of trouble.

So create your own custom configs that make use of the models that come with KSP is fine, But packaging those models as is in your mod and calling them yours, is very bad.

Be fine on -9

Hmm, I may have to take you up on your offer on model making :valwink:

Edited by AtomicTech

5 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Hmm, I may have to take you up on your offer on model making 

Don't be cheeky. But I can point you in the right direction to get you started.

You should read everything that is in the year 2021. Stone blue helping me and me helping others. I learnt new stuff today thanks to another member and did a post to pass on the love, with pics.

Where is Bevan?