New addition to the KSP Community Team

Ghostii_Space

On 2/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

My Top Games right now are FFXIV, Oxygen Not Included, Bioshock, and Portal.    

Welcome!

To some, FFXIV and Oxygen Not Included might be more then just a game...1500 hours in Oni here..Which I partially blame KSP on for exciting me about physics space type games.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Welcome, good to see the position filled.

Do you play KSP, and if so, what are your favorite mods?

LGG

I did start playing KSP! I'm still a noob, so I have not added any mods yet! Do you have any good recommendations for a new player? 

1 hour ago, fragtzack said:

Welcome!

To some, FFXIV and Oxygen Not Included might be more then just a game...1500 hours in Oni here..Which I partially blame KSP on for exciting me about physics space type games.

Dang! I only have a measly 230 hours right now. 

1 hour ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Do you have any good recommendations for a new player? 

Kerbal Engineer Redux, Waterfall with Stock Waterfall Effects, AmpYear, Restock and Restock Plus, Internal RCS, HabTech 2, and Mk3 Shuttle Mid-Deck IVA Refurbished

Just now, AtomicTech said:

Kerbal Engineer Redux, Waterfall with Stock Waterfall Effects, AmpYear, Restock and Restock Plus, Internal RCS, HabTech 2, and Mk3 Shuttle Mid-Deck IVA Refurbished

Taerobee, Snacks (for Life Support), VaporVent, RoutineMissionManager, Chatterer, Scatterer (For Visuals, alongside SVE and EVE), SimpleFuelSwitch, KNES (A slightly overwhelming catalouge of parts but it has more than a few necessities, EVA Parachutes and Ejection Seats, and Kerbal Reusablilty Expansion.

Start with all of these on a Science Save and work your way through the tech tree. By the end you should be an Amateur Expert, ready to delve into more complex things. :grin:

3 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Dang! I only have a measly 230 hours right now.

There is still progress to achieve it doesn't matter how much hours even tho I have like 742.3 hours on KSP (Steam records hours played analytics) I still haven't landed on Duna somehow but failed a lot landed.  Landed on laythe while experimenting with Blueshift but still going strong trying to reach duna.

Edit: Fixed grammar issues.

Edited by obnox twin

3 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

I did start playing KSP! I'm still a noob, so I have not added any mods yet! Do you have any good recommendations for a new player?

Definitely Waterfall the plumes look so good, Mechjeb 2 for autopilot aka when you don't want to do the effort to launch stuff, Kerbal engineer redux good for a lot of information and the near future stuff which adds a lot more compents for huge ships

6 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

First, use CKAN to install, will make your life much easier

I'd stick with these, not add any part mods for a little bit.  These will make the game work better, without changing what it does.

Optionally:

I stream 3 days a week Sunday evening, Tuesday evening and Thursday evening, on Twitch.  Sunday I play the game, Tuesday I mod, and Thursday is something else.  I am always open to questions and helping, even if it means stopping what I'm doing for a bit.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, use CKAN to install, will make your life much easier

I'd stick with these, not add any part mods for a little bit.  These will make the game work better, without changing what it does.

Optionally:

I stream 3 days a week Sunday evening, Tuesday evening and Thursday evening, on Twitch.  Sunday I play the game, Tuesday I mod, and Thursday is something else.  I am always open to questions and helping, even if it means stopping what I'm doing for a bit.

I'd argue that KER isn't optional, but that's just me.

22 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

IMHO, the best way to learn KSP is On the Kerbal Way! :)

Take a look now and then on this thread:

It's one of the oldest threads around here, with almost 10 years of very nice (and very crazy) crafts on KSP.

A lot of them are crafts on sandbox made for fun, not to be used on career - but yet, this thread is a source of inspiration for me since my first days on KSP!