[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Make absolutely sure that you're on the latest release. This used to be an issue many moons ago, but isn't any more.

I have updated it, and it seems that the issue has gone away. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Artemis 1 - uncrewed flight test of Orion around the moon 

on November the 16 2022 Artemis 1's SLS rocket sits poised and ready on KSC LC1  ready to launch this is the 3rd attempt at launching Artemis 1

it is a night launch

View from the tower

TfayWdc.png

view from the ML deck

otdxRAI.png

1:47:38 ROFI ignition 

l63sAFG.png

Vhf3hHx.png

mR5BZmu.png

boosters inijition

vsOiT5s.png

and liftoff of Artemis 1 we rise together back to the moon and beyond

9KGT9UJ.png

6kgTZMF.pngeWqc1Jd.png

1 minute into Artemis 1 

OM9rDlR.png

now 2 minute into artemis 1 booster sep coming up shortly (i missed Booster sep sooo welll yeah

nJs4Eyh.png

now everything proceeding norminally here at this time 

nJs4Eyh.png

coming up on core stage shutdown and ICPS sep 

ICPS SEP confirmed

C4E5NBZ.png

ze4IQWI.png

ICPS is now flying free

Part 2 in 2 weeks Elon Time LOL

thank you guys for reading this 

Edited by kspbutitscursed

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

when you get a sec can you check if there's literally no sound at all, or if it's just really, really soft? For me 1 SRB is about 1/3 the volume of 1 RS25, but there's definitely sound.

yup wiildo

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I'd post this with on the BDB thread, but this variant doesn't use BDB parts. But it does use ACK parts, specifically for the upper stage. This is Celestial Ultra, the largest variant of the Celestial rocket family, inspired by input from ChatGPT.
lUHLxek.png
tzekcSl.png
OvpzSmu.png
KTN178S.png
I think the exact payload capacity is around 100 tons to LKO, but I need to test again to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having an issue where the SL-F cryogenic fuel tank doesn't have any valid fuel types for the engines available. Instead, the options are LH2, Liquid Argon, Liquid Carbon Monoxide, Liquid CarbonDioxide, Liquid Deuterium, etc. 

I've already checked and reinstalled Cryotanks, and the issue seems to persist. Has anyone had this problem, and if so is there a known solution?

On 7/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, Randomguy22 said:

I am having an issue where the SL-F cryogenic fuel tank doesn't have any valid fuel types for the engines available. Instead, the options are LH2, Liquid Argon, Liquid Carbon Monoxide, Liquid CarbonDioxide, Liquid Deuterium, etc. 

I've already checked and reinstalled Cryotanks, and the issue seems to persist. Has anyone had this problem, and if so is there a known solution?

Maybe it's a problem with a fuel switch mod, like InterstellarFuelSwitch or Rational Resources?

On 3/22/2023 at 12:59 AM, Blufor878 said:

I posted something like this elsewhere for NLS-3 (or NLS Centaur, anyway). I felt like doing more of these. This time Jupiter-120 Orion.
52763987443_60021ab64a_o.png
This is resized, the full size version is admittedly kind of obnoxiously big. I'm gonna post that elsewhere. But for those who haven't seen the other one, I'm basically doing these hypothetical information packet covers inspired by pamphlets and spaceflight concept books from the 70's-early 90's.

might do you good to read through NASA's graphic standards manual if you've never

For those waiting, and anyone else interested here's a TweakScale patch for ACK. Just download and place anywhere in your GameData folder. It adds a tweakscale module to most parts from this mod. Its currently on Revision Q so it's been tested and refined quote a bit and is currently working flawlessly on every part it tweaks.

Artemis Construction Kit TweakScale Patch Download

(Link to .cfg file on my google drive)

15 hours ago, Astra Infinitum said:

For those waiting, and anyone else interested here's a TweakScale patch for ACK. Just download and place anywhere in your GameData folder. It adds a tweakscale module to most parts from this mod. Its currently on Revision Q so it's been tested and refined quote a bit and is currently working flawlessly on every part it tweaks.

Artemis Construction Kit TweakScale Patch Download

(Link to .cfg file on my google drive)

Thanks, I've been waiting for this

• 2 weeks later...