[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Has someone else encountered a problem with parallax in EVA? I can only speak for Kerbin, since I havent been anywhere yet. Essentialy when I try to walk around as a Kerbal his animation gets all jittery and high framerate like while all the scatter flashes around him (not bright lights but flashing in and out of existence quickly). Its pretty odd how it happens - i reinstalled parallax, problem was gone. I restarted a career (very early one) to check it again and it happens again. This is all with no new mods installed, I only turned off parallax lighting and changed the density (to 0.5) in cfg.

5 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

What parallax settings do you use?

Currently only this

rangeMultiplier = 2.0
   lodRangeMultiplier = 0.3
   densityMultiplier = 0.8
Only last one is relevant, just messing with range to see if this sets my gpu on fire. It does, with long range lights on x)

2 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Has someone else encountered a problem with parallax in EVA? I can only speak for Kerbin, since I havent been anywhere yet. Essentialy when I try to walk around as a Kerbal his animation gets all jittery and high framerate like while all the scatter flashes around him (not bright lights but flashing in and out of existence quickly). Its pretty odd how it happens - i reinstalled parallax, problem was gone. I restarted a career (very early one) to check it again and it happens again. This is all with no new mods installed, I only turned off parallax lighting and changed the density (to 0.5) in cfg.

Any other mods active?
Never seen this, but a bork and scatter flash happens on some interactions of IVA kerbals with the vessels.

Edited by ShadowDr

Hi Guys,

I could use some input.

So im still on the issue with the scatter problem. Like 2 Layers and split mid screen with the black lines on the bottom.

You can see it here: https://imgbb.com/n8ZQQ6J

I deinstalled all mods.

So now i only have Parallax and what is pulled from CKAN for it.

Here is my mods: https://ibb.co/CtN0kTL

List:

000_Harmony
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
Parallax
Parallax_StockTextures
Scatterer
ScattererAtmosphereCache
Squad
SquadExpansion

Here is the KSP log file: https://file.io/I3TIrhWKOoF8

Any idea whats at fault here?

As you can see there are no other mods to cause it.

Thanks for the Help!

ManuxKerb

Edited by ManuxKerb

18 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi Guys,

I could use some input.

So im still on the issue with the scatter problem. Like 2 Layers and split mid screen with the black lines on the bottom.

You can see it here: https://imgbb.com/n8ZQQ6J

I deinstalled all mods.

So now i only have Parallax and what is pulled from CKAN for it.

Here is my mods: https://ibb.co/CtN0kTL

List:

000_Harmony
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
Parallax
Parallax_StockTextures
Scatterer
ScattererAtmosphereCache
Squad
SquadExpansion

Here is the KSP log file: https://file.io/I3TIrhWKOoF8

Any idea whats at fault here?

As you can see there are no other mods to cause it.

Thanks for the Help!

ManuxKerb

try changing to "castShadows = false" in ParallaxGlobal.cfg. I play on linux, and that took care of that issue for me.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

try changing to "castShadows = false" in ParallaxGlobal.cfg. I play on linux, and that took care of that issue for me.

Thanks i play on linux and this also fixed it!

One last thing: When i load a save, the TuFX Settings are not applied and i have to open TuFX and click on Profile: Astronomers Visual pack to make it load that profile. Any idea how to make it auto apply that profile ?

Thanks!

On 3/14/2023 at 5:53 PM, ShadowDr said:

Currently only this

rangeMultiplier = 2.0
   lodRangeMultiplier = 0.3
   densityMultiplier = 0.8
Only last one is relevant, just messing with range to see if this sets my gpu on fire. It does, with long range lights on x)

Any other mods active?
Never seen this, but a bork and scatter flash happens on some interactions of IVA kerbals with the vessels.

Yeah, I do have DE-IVA, FreeIVA, all "standard" IVA replacements (MK1, Lander Can), MOARDv and MOARDvPlus and KAS Upgrade. 

21 minutes ago, ManuxKerb said:

Thanks i play on linux and this also fixed it!

One last thing: When i load a save, the TuFX Settings are not applied and i have to open TuFX and click on Profile: Astronomers Visual pack to make it load that profile. Any idea how to make it auto apply that profile ?

Thanks!

Use the export settings button. It should remember it. Bear in mind, you need to set a TUFX profile for each scene it allows you to. Eg. KSC, Flight etc.

6 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Yeah, I do have DE-IVA, FreeIVA, all "standard" IVA replacements (MK1, Lander Can), MOARDv and MOARDvPlus and KAS Upgrade. 

Try with removing KAS, i have a gut feeling it may be that.

1 hour ago, konor said:

the tessalation doesnt work please help

i would upload my settings.cfg file but im new here and dont know how to

You sure it's not working? It's a bit hard to notice in grasslands. Someplace like the Mun has it much more prominent, check there.

5 hours ago, ShadowDr said:

Damn, its the coolest one, but will try. First I will see if this happens if I will change it in VAB or launchpad. Cause I remember it not happening on one save and then happening. I sometimes forget to change the IVAs before flight and I like flying from FP perspective so maybe thats the case. Gonna start a new save and do the first contract, cause its the easiest to check this. I will let everyone know here if thats the case.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:04 AM, Gameslinx said:

Oh man. Looking at both of these I still can't see why the game crashed. Normally there's a line 'Crash!!!', but in this case the log just ends.

Can you see if there's a crash report in that same location I mentioned? If there is one, send it my way. If there isn't - I have no idea what's causing your crash - certainly not memory / VRAM related that's for sure

Not sure if this could help you track down the issue but....

Like I said I play on Linux (Mint 21). I just fired up an older windows laptop. It's not worthy of day to day KSP, it slogs through it though.  So I copied my saves and mods over to the Windows KSP install and everything works just fine. I can change scenes, move back and forth between them with no issue. I loaded up and exited several older saves all with Parallax installed and had no troubles. I then took those saves back to my identically modded Linux game client and the same old issue occurred. Cannot leave the KSP scene (VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, Launch Pad) without the game locking up and crashing to desktop.  The Admin building, Contract, Parts/Science and Astronaut buildings are not affected at all...

So it seems there's some difference between the windows client and the Linux client that is causing the issue with Parallax? And again, if I simply remove the Parallax and Parallax Stock Textures folders, everything works just fine in Linux. So bizarre. 

Edited by Eleven
typos

14 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Damn, its the coolest one, but will try. First I will see if this happens if I will change it in VAB or launchpad. Cause I remember it not happening on one save and then happening. I sometimes forget to change the IVAs before flight and I like flying from FP perspective so maybe thats the case. Gonna start a new save and do the first contract, cause its the easiest to check this. I will let everyone know here if thats the case.

Tested myself, and nope, not KAS. Welp sorry, me tried)

19 hours ago, ShadowDr said:

You sure it's not working? It's a bit hard to notice in grasslands. Someplace like the Mun has it much more prominent, check there.

j50cqgysf6oa1.png

yeah you are right it does work thank you

Im unsure if this is correct or not but. 

04a97e235bd38e991690b7e9205610b1.png
https://gyazo.com/04a97e235bd38e991690b7e9205610b1

Is Bop supposed to be missing from the scatterers mod? Its just missing completely in the scatter textures folder. Vall also doesnt show up in the scatters folder. 

Edit: Upon loading on vall run into some SERIOUS issues, the scatter just shakes violently and rocks are just texture messes and cubes. 

Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/65z0kekc7bpfxka/Player.log?dl=0 

Settings CFG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo2yye30vzbsix4/settings.cfg?dl=0

Help would be much appreciated, thank you very much. 

Edited by Yuri kagarin56

17 hours ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Im unsure if this is correct or not but. 

04a97e235bd38e991690b7e9205610b1.png
https://gyazo.com/04a97e235bd38e991690b7e9205610b1

Is Bop supposed to be missing from the scatterers mod? Its just missing completely in the scatter textures folder. Vall also doesnt show up in the scatters folder. 

Edit: Upon loading on vall run into some SERIOUS issues, the scatter just shakes violently and rocks are just texture messes and cubes. 

Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/65z0kekc7bpfxka/Player.log?dl=0 

Settings CFG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo2yye30vzbsix4/settings.cfg?dl=0

Help would be much appreciated, thank you very much. 

Is that your "StockTextures" folder?
If so, it lacks a lot, not just Bop.

2 hours ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Weird...weird. I wonder why it has no textures then. Thanks for the info. 

I might be wrong...but have you downloaded both packs? Parallax Stock Textures 2.0.0 and Parallax Scatter Textures 2.0.1.

For what I could see in that picture that you have posted before, you only have Scatter Textures 2.0.1...but you need both for parallax to work correctly.

Give it a try, a tell us if that works. Hope to help (at least, a little bit):lol:

pd: Excuse me if I have some grammar errors, english its not my first language

15 minutes ago, Master_Azrael said:

I might be wrong...but have you downloaded both packs? Parallax Stock Textures 2.0.0 and Parallax Scatter Textures 2.0.1.

For what I could see in that picture that you have posted before, you only have Scatter Textures 2.0.1...but you need both for parallax to work correctly.

Give it a try, a tell us if that works. Hope to help (at least, a little bit):lol:

pd: Excuse me if I have some grammar errors, english its not my first language

No I have both properly installed.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:15 AM, Gameslinx said:

Parallax does not affect saves.

Your save crash looks to be caused by Contract Configurator

@Gameslinx

After all this time, the more I mess around with removing mods to try and eliminate the cause, I'm thinking more and more you were on the right track with this initial assessment. I'm not sure what to look for in the logs, but can you tell me how you came to this conclusion? 

After trial and error, and even after removing Parallax, although I can access the tracking station, VAB and SPH, sometimes in the tracking station while trying to TAB between planets and moons, there's a significant hang period of inactivity before the new focused planet or moon becomes active for me to pan around, zoom in and out, etc etc. And almost every time, there's a "prospective contract orbit" there.  I'll post my issue in that mod release topic as well to see if there's similar issues, I was just hoping to find out what made you think Contract Configurator was the cause in the beginning. 

(EDIT) So....2.0.4 works. 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 do not. Might help you track down anything that changed. 

Edited by Eleven
Found a working release, but it's not 2.0.6

I'm having a small problem. If I try to load a craft on the mun, in mun orbit or try to cheat a craft on to the mun's surface from the launchpad, the game crashes.

Log: https://easyupload.io/ol123v

Mod list https://pastebin.com/hkR4SjxX

I can't get it to crash in a clean enviroment.

I'm using linux on 1.12.5

Edit: This is not a problem with parallax

Edited by saltq

Hello

I'm having a strange problem with the parallax textures/models loading. This bug appeared half-way through my gameplay and now all of the trees are loading with gray textures and sometimes won't even have a model at all. Relaunching a craft seems to always create a different way that the textures are breaking. 

In the picture below the trees load with no textures or leaves. The trees in the distance are just a plain png. There are also red sticks poking out of the ground in a different biome that were supposed to be fir trees.

rCmqiO6.png

I'd like to know if there is a known fix for this, because it looks awful.