Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4 Releasing 11-2-2022

Intercept Games

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone noticed but there was a small patch that closes the launcher when the game is running. I couldn't have asked for a better improvement to the launcher now that it exists and it has been my main criticism. 

The launcher still does not work to launch the game for me, on either Steam or Epic.  Almost certainly because my firewall doesn't allow it network access.  I see no reason to add an exception to my firewall rules to allow the launcher of a single player game access to the internet.  (For modded games, I normally copy the game outside of the Steam folders anyway, and create a shortcut to the exe to launch the game).

"Cannot download updates
Please try again later and contact us if the error persists"

However this is better than the previous launcher version.  At least the error message is clear, and I would know what the problem was if I hadn't already guessed.

14 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Dunno if anyone noticed but there was a small patch that closes the launcher when the game is running. I couldn't have asked for a better improvement to the launcher now that it exists and it has been my main criticism. 

So that was the small update... Anyways, the second launcher is still useless and kind of bloatware. Just leave the "News" Section in the main menu of the game for marketing purposes and remove the launcher completely.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Does Steam not suffice?

As much as anything else, things like bug reports would be easier to handle if it went directly through their own launcher etc.

We don't know the exacts of how stuff like that will be handled but that would be one benefit of having a unique launch system