[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

1 hour ago, guest10985 said:

@EStreetRockets https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/361841main_14 - DIRECT_HSF_Commission.pdf This is a NASA presentation on Jupiter, it has a lot of useful info if you need it

P.S. sorry if I am being annoying :)     

Don't worry you're not being annoying.

I've got a TON of imagery and presentations on Jupiter, including that presentation, already. I'm very excited.

10 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

Don't worry you're not being annoying.

I've got a TON of imagery and presentations on Jupiter, including that presentation, already. I'm very excited.

Need any help curating your archive, I've found a lot of documents over the last few years but would love to see if there are any I've missed. :D

6 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

It seems that OMS attachment points are not working properly. I can't attach anything properly on theese. Please take a look.

Huh, yeah they're upside down. No wonder no one has OMS engines in the screenshots above :happy: I think you can flip the engine upside down, connect it, then rotate it (with snap on)

Spoiler

8qGpKWV.png

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added peekchur

Just now, M - Kerbonaut said:

What engines are you using for the Shuttle-C mount?

The engine from ACK looks too big, the engine from redirect too small

Rocket Motor Menagerie. It comes with a bunch of cryogenic and methane RS-25-derived engines. I think those are the "Cotopaxi" engines.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:05 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

ET_Inline and ET_STS tanks with TU + TweakScale configs..

gzSG6Wt.jpg

YAcdqYq.jpgga302qh.jpg

rEEsaOH.jpg

pe8QWd9.jpg

will be finished creating full TweakScale config today or tomorrow when i have time to test it and can post here if anybody wants it..

@Astra Infinitum Any updates on ORANGES Tweakscale?

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

I still want that ET Wet Workshop crew cabin + hangar from Boldly Going

While I can't make it myself the key parts missing from Space Station Enterprise in KSP are:

-A passthrough/docking port for the front of the S.O.C.K cockpit module (for the tube that connects Enterprise to the ET).

-An IVA update with Reviva+FreeIVA compatibility that puts a hatch on the floor of the Orbiter Middeck toward the front of the fuselage

-A set of tubes to replicate; A: The tube connecting Enterprise to ET; B: The Donut tube in the intertank with appropriate exits. Needs some IVA and external modeling).

-An IVA for an ET Oxygen Tank part that uses the Wet Workshop mechanic from BDB. FreeIVA compatibility involves an opening to connect to the intertank

-An ET LH Tank that has two modes: full of LH2, and Hangar + Padded Interior with FreeIVA compatibility that involves an opening to connect to the intertank. A simple script could prevent opening of the tank until it is drained.

-Bonus points for: Custom padded RMS parts for the hangar, custom module for use in the hangar, a custom spacelab part for Enterprise Payload Bay, and custom solar arrays/parts to fit in the shuttle pallets from the Shuttle Payload Mod.

I acknowledge I have spent far, far too much time thinking about this. :D

Awesome. I thought a structural tube or MK1 crew cabin could suffice for the tube for the ET.

Honestly I thought the shuttle from SOCK would be enough to replicate the orbiter component of Space Station Enterprise. Guess it's not? :)

Edited by Richmountain112

On 6/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, Richmountain112 said:

Awesome. I thought a structural tube or MK1 crew cabin could suffice for the tube for the ET.

Honestly I thought the shuttle from SOCK would be enough to replicate the orbiter component of Space Station Enterprise. Guess it's not? :)

Don't be dissuaded, I built the station by running a Stockalike Station Tube through the bottom fuselage connected to a module in the cargo bay. The tube ran through a NF Launch Vehicles tank. Produced the same effect as Station Enterprise. There are plenty of workarounds, half the fun of the game is finding them.

Edited by Shantaboy