[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

This may have been addressed somewhere, but I have read back about 5 pages so  I didn't see it.

The LEM works for me if I use different legs as has been discussed, however, my Kerbals cannot leave the LEM to do an EVA as the game says that the hatch is obstructed. Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

This may have been addressed somewhere, but I have read back about 5 pages so  I didn't see it.

The LEM works for me if I use different legs as has been discussed, however, my Kerbals cannot leave the LEM to do an EVA as the game says that the hatch is obstructed. Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

You'll need to manually open the hatch from IVA first. You'll need Raster Prop Monitor installed (Link) and then you'll need to IVA with a kerbal and open the hatch (I think you click the hatch, the kerbal then 'moves' towards it, then you click the handle and it swings open). Once the hatch is open you'll be able to EVA in the usual way.

On 8/22/2016 at 10:55 AM, pap1723 said:

THANKS for trying to find the answer before you posted.   Those of us here a long time appreciate it!

I'm having trouble with getting the Titan II Gemini to orbit, the craft file as it comes only gives me 8km Delta V, I have RO RSS and every other mod...

Also just noticed that all craft files that come with FASA are gone in today's update.

Any help? Thanks

Edited by Fox Loco

2 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Quick note here: I've been insanely busy with 1.2.

Raidernick has been doing a great job updating stuff, but help is  needed updating the landing legs, that's the remaining stuff that doesn't work in 1.1.x.

(unless I'm out of date.)

So...halp?

I was going to wait for 1.2 to release before finding help for the legs. I was under the impression they would need to be redone again in 1.2, doing it twice seems counterproductive.

2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

No, they should not require changes beyond slight cfg tweaks at most. We're certainly not going to be introducing a whole new system...

I've always been a bit useless at getting legs to work.  I did have a really quick look a while back to see if I could just open the mu in Blender, import to unity, tweak a few things and cross my fingers.  But it bore no fruit that didn't result in spontaneous velocity acquisition.  The mu impart in Blender does brng in the animation and textures though, which is a massive help.  The unfolding of those things hurts my brain.

Just a quick question about the Gemini parts. I just downloaded this mod (looks sweet) and am trying to build something Gemini-ish. I use the 2 crew black pod but I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to decouplers between the pod and the retro pack (rcs) part which goes directly underneath the pod. I've gathered the pod was the only part returning but the retro pack does not come with a decoupler. Other parts do but not this one. I am wondering how you guys go about it, if you just let ot burn up or if you use a different part?

35 minutes ago, LN400 said:

Just a quick question about the Gemini parts. I just downloaded this mod (looks sweet) and am trying to build something Gemini-ish. I use the 2 crew black pod but I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to decouplers between the pod and the retro pack (rcs) part which goes directly underneath the pod. I've gathered the pod was the only part returning but the retro pack does not come with a decoupler. Other parts do but not this one. I am wondering how you guys go about it, if you just let ot burn up or if you use a different part?

You can decouple it per Rightclick-menue. :wink:

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:22 PM, Fox Loco said:

I'm having trouble with getting the Titan II Gemini to orbit, the craft file as it comes only gives me 8km Delta V, I have RO RSS and every other mod...

Also just noticed that all craft files that come with FASA are gone in today's update.

Any help? Thanks

Whats the payload size? I remember when I was playing RO with FASA last there was ALOT of variants of the Titan. I needed to play around with those variations until I found one that works with my payload. The real world rockets are finicky as well. They require incredibly efficient ascent trajectories.

3 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Whats the payload size? I remember when I was playing RO with FASA last there was ALOT of variants of the Titan. I needed to play around with those variations until I found one that works with my payload. The real world rockets are finicky as well. They require incredibly efficient ascent trajectories.

Also since none of these CFGs are RSS or RO you might want to ask there since those groups made the files you are trying to fly.

A tiny request to the dev.

The Explorer probe's action group assignment menu has 2 "activate" buttons, one of which deploys the antenna. Could that one be changed to either "activate antenna" or "deploy antenna"? No biggie but confusing with 2 different functions with the same name..

@Nukeproof rocket flip outs are mostly always due to either bad design, bad piloting, or both. Just using these parts won't cause your rocket to flip out. So you're not going to get any real help until you post pictures and detailed descriptions of what you're doing that leads to your rockets flipping out.

Otherwise the best advice you'll get will be along the lines of "Dude, stop letting your rockets flip out" :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.