@Contratcts
{
@Base
 {
  !PART_REQUEST[*],* {}
  !RESOURCE_REQUEST,* {}
 }
}

with no avail.Is this not supported or what is wrong with the patch.
Thank you

Contracts is mispelled. Not saying it will work if you fix your spelling but it definitely won't work that way. Also Squad usually uses all caps for things like that. You might want to look at the cfg file for contracts to make sure you have case/spelling/naming correct. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

3 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Contracts is mispelled.

Thank you,i totally missed that.
Now,i have patch that works,is it possible to make it more simple?

@Contracts
{
@Base
 {
  !PART_REQUEST,* {}
  !RESOURCE_REQUEST,* {}
 }
@ISRU
 {
  !PART_REQUEST,* {}
  !RESOURCE_REQUEST,* {}
 }
@Satellite
 {
  !PART_REQUEST,* {}
  !RESOURCE_REQUEST,* {}
 }
@Station
 {
  !PART_REQUEST,* {}
  !RESOURCE_REQUEST,* {}
 }
}

On 10/15/2016 at 2:53 PM, ThePhoenixSol said:

@blowfish @Laguna no no no. the parts get moved there... and aparently its random cause when i went to get a screenshot it wasnt doing it anymore. but basically, they get moved there, but if you look at the following picture, instead of showing the icons, or showing there are no parts in the node, it just shows an empty box where they should be.

and also, any fix for the issue seen in the picture below? where parts show up multiple times when only in there once.

CfFmtA7.png

could someone please answer this for me?

7 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

could someone please answer this for me?

@ThePhoenixSol, Oh, I'm sorry, I got distracted and forgot about that.  Also, ah, that's what you meant. :)  

I had that same thing happen in 1.0.4 with Nertea's Station Parts Expansion and Community Tech Tree, the parts would be duplicated, some of them 3 times, others a whole bunch of times.  I never found out what caused that problem, and forgot exactly what I did to fix it, but I did delete the @TechTree:AFTER[CommunityTechTree] portion of the included CTT patch (all it did was to unhide the hydroponics and recycling nodes).  All I know is I got the parts to stop being duplicated.

As for your second issue, something similar happened with the latest KWRocketry and KSPInterstellar updates, both of them were creating the same tech tree node, and a doubling of the icon like you have was the result if both mods were installed.

2 minutes ago, Laguna said:

@ThePhoenixSol, Oh, I'm sorry, I got distracted and forgot about that.  Also, ah, that's what you meant. :)  

I had that same thing happen in 1.0.4 with Nertea's Station Parts Expansion and Community Tech Tree, the parts would be duplicated, some of them 3 times, others a whole bunch of times.  I never found out what caused that problem, and forgot exactly what I did to fix it, but I did delete the @TechTree:AFTER[CommunityTechTree] portion of the included CTT patch (all it did was to unhide the hydroponics and recycling nodes).  All I know is I got the parts to stop being duplicated.

As for your second issue, something similar happened with the latest KWRocketry and KSPInterstellar updates, both of them were creating the same tech tree node, and a doubling of the icon like you have was the result if both mods were installed.

mine is more along the lines of, im just making new nodes, and if i move them, the stock nodes that were hidden below them show along with the new replacement ones.... no idea how to fix it, i just assume i would have to somehow delete the stock tree, but idk how.

as far as that first issue... it seems random on load. i loaded it today, and saw my second issue, but the multiple items one was gone... so idk if it will show again, or somehow i fixed it without realizing.... but id get like 4 parts showing up about 18 times... so not good XD.

right now i can handle the multiple parts, but i really need to know how to fix the tech tree node issue. if your able to help.

thanks in advance for the help!

11 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

mine is more along the lines of, im just making new nodes, and if i move them, the stock nodes that were hidden below them show along with the new replacement ones.... no idea how to fix it, i just assume i would have to somehow delete the stock tree, but idk how.

as far as that first issue... it seems random on load. i loaded it today, and saw my second issue, but the multiple items one was gone... so idk if it will show again, or somehow i fixed it without realizing.... but id get like 4 parts showing up about 18 times... so not good XD.

right now i can handle the multiple parts, but i really need to know how to fix the tech tree node issue. if your able to help.

thanks in advance for the help!

Hmm, would !TechTree{} delete the stock tech tree?  Otherwise I don't think there is a way to simply delete the stock tree with MM in one simple command.  You just have to edit/redefine/move the stock nodes around; check out @pap1723's Historical Progression Tech Tree for an example of redoing the whole stock tree into something very un-stocklike. :)

Is it just me or does the Nyan Cat make the game load slower? I just started up the game and it took forever to load with noticeable lagging to the cat. This is just after installing new module manager with no other new mods. 

4 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Is it just me or does the Nyan Cat make the game load slower? I just started up the game and it took forever to load with noticeable lagging to the cat. This is just after installing new module manager with no other new mods. 

ModuleManager does many things during the loading screen that have nothing to do with Nyan cat.  If you can demonstrate a measurable difference of more than a few seconds across multiple trials, maybe it's worth looking into.

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

ModuleManager does many things during the loading screen that have nothing to do with Nyan cat.  If you can demonstrate a measurable difference of more than a few seconds across multiple trials, maybe it's worth looking into.

I'm finding it a good indicator that things are still working. The conventional progress bar has some labels that linger, because there's a lot happening in that step, but the Nyan cat keeps on moving. I don't know how it's coded, but I can see it being mostly being extra work for the graphics card, with some sort of clock tick coming from the CPU

It is well know that moving a Sprite across a screen takes at least a SLI of 1080 GTX and a 6 core 4Ghz CPU. Good things Nintendo had such hardware when they made Zelda on the NES 30 years ago.

Edited by sarbian

A query about Module Manager code.

I use this:

Add the Mechjeb module to all command pods who don't have it

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
    }
}

MechJeb seems to use the most-restrictive version it finds of the MechJebCore module, but I am a bit confused about how to delete pre-existing MechJebCore modules. I think this should work, or can I just do the !MODULE and the MODULE with a single selection, maybe ignoring the check for the presence of MechJebCore? There are a few mods which do part-specific additions of MechJebCore modules, and this seems like the least annoying way of fixing things to load a consistent version.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand,MechJebCore]]:Final
{    
    !MODULE{MechJebCore}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = MechJebCore
    }
}

Hi, I'm trying to make a patch to replace models and textures for a mod patch. but I'm not sure if I have the syntax right.

What I have so far.

@PART[FWOsprey]
{

!mesh = V22.mu

MODEL
    {
	model = Fantom Works/V-22/V22
	texture = V22 , Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Patches/Textures/V22
    }

MODEL
    {
	model = Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Patches/Models/V22_patch
	texture = Hatch_5 , Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Patches/Textures/Hatch_5
    }
}

2 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

A query about Module Manager code.

This is partly coming down to sequencing. I know there's a couple of cautions about the filenames for the DLLs which are the primary label for a Mod, and I am assuming that if there isn't a DLL it uses the foldername in the GameData/ folder. I suspect, from the way the examples add spaces for clarity, that spaces in the foldernames would be ignored, and should not be used anyway.

All that seems obvious, but experiences elsewhere lead me to doubt anything obvious and undocumented

And then you have a list of labels, and how are they ordered? I'd guess it's the ordinary alphanumeric sort, why be different? 

So if I had a GameData/ZZTop it would almost certainly be the last in the sequence, and anything marked as :After[ZZTop] would be the last to be executed before the :Final group. I know that seems pointless, but I also wonder how the patch-files are ordered within the pass: standard alphanumeric sort of filename?

OK, so all this is buried in the source. Sorry, but for me it means that it has been buried and Black Umfolosi have been dancing on the grave until all trace has pounded into oblivion

could use a lil help cant seem to get this to work. trying to look for all of the antennas that are miscatagorized and move them from science to communications and update the moduledatatransmitter and category. 

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[science]]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:NEEDS[AIES_Aerospace]:Final
{
@category= Communications
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = DIRECT
        packetInterval = 0.3
        packetSize = 4
        packetResourceCost = 6
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        DeployFxModules = 0
        antennaPower = 500000
        antennaCombinable = True
        antennaCombinableExponent = 1
    }
}

thanks

8 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[science]]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:NEEDS[AIES_Aerospace]:Final

this bit is most likely wrong

what you need should look something like this:

8 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

@PART:HAS[#category[science],@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:NEEDS[AIES_Aerospace]:FINAL

EDIT:

Just now, Tarheel1999 said:

You might also need "{}" after !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]

that too^

Edited by Sigma88

11 hours ago, Laguna said:

Hmm, would !TechTree{} delete the stock tech tree?  Otherwise I don't think there is a way to simply delete the stock tree with MM in one simple command.  You just have to edit/redefine/move the stock nodes around; check out @pap1723's Historical Progression Tech Tree for an example of redoing the whole stock tree into something very un-stocklike. :)

i checked it out. but im not quite sure how he did it just based off his config... if you dont mind pointing it out, that would be lovely

25 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

i checked it out. but im not quite sure how he did it just based off his config... if you dont mind pointing it out, that would be lovely

It looks like he just massively edited the stock tree, creating the new horizontal-branch layout by moving the stock nodes around and adding the new HP Tree-specific nodes to fill it out.

That might actually be the better way, to just edit the stock nodes and use them for other purposes, though I think you should be able to delete nodes with, e.g. !RDNode:HAS[#id[basicRocketry]]{}

55 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

this bit is most likely wrong

what you need should look something like this:

EDIT:

that too^

the {} definitely needed to go in there. thanks

i tried the comma stuff once before and couldnt get it to work and theres a note about using the # key thing needing to be inside the part bit cryptic since i dont really speak modulese yet. it might be too much for it to do.

but seems pretty simple to select all the aies parts in science and then keep the ones with the data xmitter. dunno. thanks for trying though appreciate it. 

Edited by COL.R.Neville