[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

That will disappear in 12 days by itself, yah it's module manager and apparently, developer of the mod likes that nyan nyan cat, but he made it so that it will not load up in 1st November.

Thank you for that Info Jiraiyah, sounds like the Micheal Angelo virus that appears on his birthday.

4 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It's so funny that people can't bring themselves to just not look at the loading screen so that the Nyan Cat doesn't bother them.

Then again, I guess even Kerbals don't like the cat....

4T3CwQm.jpg

it's not a problem when you just play ksp once a day, but when you are adding mod after mod and each time you load the game to make sure nothing bad is going on, or when you develop a mod and you have to load the game time after time, that nyan cat really gets on your nerves :D if i was the mod developer, the same way he gave an option to always have it, he could give another param to remove it from loading screen, but that is me, i still respect him. just answered another person's question to make him a bit more relaxed :wink:

14 hours ago, Calidar said:

Anyone know how to get that stupid rainbow cat off the load screen with the KSP 1.2 , it so annoying

I hate to ask this, but WHY? Why exactly is it "so annoying"? Are you trying to impress someone with your KSP load screen? Are you trying to play some unknown mini-game and the cat gets in the way? It's not bothering you. At all. You are being bothered by it.

and unprofessional

Yes. It is. Do you know what "professional" means? It means you get paid for it. Sarbian isn't being paid (anymore) by Squad, so he can be as unprofessional as he wants to be.

I know its Module Manager because every time I load a mod with the updated Module Manager that rainbow cat shows up which is forcing me not to load any mods with Module Manager.

It's doing no such thing. You're choosing not to use it, which is your right. You can (and do) also choose to not load any number of mods for any number of reasons. If you really really want to run Module Manager and just refuse to not care about the stupid* cat on the load screen - then you have to make a choice. Is the price (the cat) worth the benefit (an awesomely set up KSP)? If it's not, then don't use Module Manager. If it is, then use it.

Just don't complain to the guy giving you free stuff because the free stuff he gave you isn't up to your own personal tastes.

*Yes. I think the cat is stupid. I would turn it off if I could do so easily. But I am not even the least bit angry about it.

59 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Are you trying to play some unknown mini-game and the cat gets in the way?

The cat should BE the mini-game.  Or steerable, at least.  It'd give us something to do while waiting for MM to patch everything and KSP to load it other than refill drinks.

16 hours ago, Calidar said:

unprofessional

Hahaha, unprofessional? What do you think this is, Serious Space Simulator 2016? SAP-Business-Application 4.0?

What do you think sarbian is, a paid programming slave?

This is Kerbal Space Program, a silly game about silly little green men, doing their silliest to get into space. Relax a bit, drink a beer while playing and appreciate that mod authors are humans (it seems that you need a reminder) that sometimes have a sense of humor. 

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

Those suggestion of adding the music makes more and more sense.

Reading between the lines, it does seem that this is indeed what people are asking for the most :wink:

Edited by Kobymaru

Oh, are we still doing the cat thing?  I thought we had stopped that.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Sarbian isn't being paid (anymore) by Squad, so he can be as unprofessional as he wants to be.

Even when he was, this was not part of his official duties.

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

Those suggestion of adding the music makes more and more sense.

Dear gods, for the sake of my sanity, I beg you not to!

1 hour ago, Kobymaru said:

Hahaha, unprofessional? What do you think this is, Serious Space Simulator 2016? SAP-Business-Application 4.0?

What do you think sarbian is, a paid programming slave?

This is Kerbal Space Program, a silly game about silly little green men, doing their silliest to get into space. Relax a bit, drink a beer while playing and appreciate that mod authors are humans (it seems that you need a reminder) that sometimes have a sense of humor. 

I agree 100%. You people that are complaining about a little piece of graphic on the game loading screen really need to assess your priorities.

It's THE LOADING SCREEN! YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT THIS POINT!!

The cat isn't affecting gameplay at all. The only thing it's effecting is your too-cushy-sore-tushy feelings and the fact that you complain to make yourselves sound more intelligent. It doesn't. It makes you sound like whiny-snivelling infants.

Sarbian is doing this all for free. He doesn't have to. We should be kissing his behind for continuing this mod. I for one cannot thank anybody enough that continues to make mods for this game just because they want to.

Don't like the cat? Start the game, go grab a coffee, hit the bathroom, have a smoke. Whatever. Just do it, and SHUT UP.

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's doing no such thing. You're choosing not to use it, which is your right. You can (and do) also choose to not load any number of mods for any number of reasons. If you really really want to run Module Manager and just refuse to not care about the stupid* cat on the load screen - then you have to make a choice. Is the price (the cat) worth the benefit (an awesomely set up KSP)? If it's not, then don't use Module Manager. If it is, then use it.

Patently untrue. The Nyan Cat is giving off superliminal theta brainwave radiation that forces people's limbs to do its bidding while their brain is reduced to being an unwilling passenger in its own skull.

Also, there are five dots. Hurry, the guards are coming!

@sarbian So it looks likes patches applied to all parts by @PART[*] are also being applied to the "parts" in the Squad\Parts\Prebuilt folder, i.e., flag.cfg, kerbalEVA.cfg, and kerbalEVAfemale.cfg.  I don't know if this is a caveat emptor thing for modders or if MM should treat those "parts" differently. Regardless, I thought it was worth mentioning. I apologize if this is old news I've been out of loop for awhile.

1 hour ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@sarbian So it looks likes patches applied to all parts by @PART[*] are also being applied to the "parts" in the Squad\Parts\Prebuilt folder, i.e., flag.cfg, kerbalEVA.cfg, and kerbalEVAfemale.cfg.  I don't know if this is a caveat emptor thing for modders or if MM should treat those "parts" differently. Regardless, I thought it was worth mentioning. I apologize if this is old news I've been out of loop for awhile.

Interesting.  I suppose it's an artifact of the way MM works - for the most part, it doesn't care where each config/patch is located or even what it is ("PART" is the same as any other node to MM).  Adding a specific rule for that URL might fix a few current patches, but it also might break some use cases where you actually want a patch to apply to everything.

I don't think there are a huge number of patches in KSP modding that actually apply to all parts (without additional conditions).  Is there a specific example you're looking at.

1 hour ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Can we stay focused on the Nyan Cat, please?

EDIT: on a more serious note, I wouldn't mind if the Nyan posts were split off to a separate discussion and we can discuss real MM stuff in this thread.

Edited by Kerbart

13 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Can we stay focused on the Nyan Cat, please?

EDIT: on a more serious note, I wouldn't mind if the Nyan posts were split off to a separate discussion and we can discuss real MM stuff in this thread.

I was thinking more of "dispose of the Nyan cat posts" altogether and any further inquiries regarding said cat be ignored and trimmed away.

7 minutes ago, putsam said:

Im having trouble figuring out how to install on Mac, it does't seem to understand how to open a .dll file 

You don't need to open it.  In your KSP install, there is a GameData folder.  Put the DLL in there.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

Interesting.  I suppose it's an artifact of the way MM works - for the most part, it doesn't care where each config/patch is located or even what it is ("PART" is the same as any other node to MM).  Adding a specific rule for that URL might fix a few current patches, but it also might break some use cases where you actually want a patch to apply to everything.

I don't think there are a huge number of patches in KSP modding that actually apply to all parts (without additional conditions).  Is there a specific example you're looking at.

MKS does which is how I discovered it. But in the past Better Buoyancy did it. Most of the thermal monitors did/do the same thing. Obviously the modder can simply write a patch stripping the module from those three patches. On the flip side, MM could also require MM patches to specifically reference those parts to modify them. I don't feel strongly about it one way or another but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

In all fairness it IS a feature (and the most visible one from a user's perspective) of the mod. As much as we can argue that if someone doesn't like the cat they should just not use the mod, if Sarbian doesn't want the thread clogged with posts he can just take the cat out.

I don't want to speak for Sarbian, but I somehow doubt he's not enjoying the posts :D