[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Anybody else seeing city lights on the Mün? :D

On Mun as in map view? Landed on Mun?

i used this mod combined with the lights textures of the astronomer pack becouse are more good and just now when you update it all stop working and i cheked all posibilitys

Old config packs are not supported with the current EVE release.

I've seen them on Minmus. I'm playing in Linux, which I guess it's OpenGL, if that makes any difference

Screenshot?

- - - Updated - - -

rbray89

I am currently updating AVP to the latest.. however i am not sure what is detaillight.dds. can you help me? thanks! :)

That is the texture displayed during daytime for cities.

Okay so I'm loving the reboot, but I could use a manual of some kind for the cloud manager values. I've played with them before, so I'd like to think I'm not one of "those people who shouldn't be messing with CFGs", but the various values don't seem to have obvious effects. I've tested some values and discovered what they do, but some of them don't seem to do anything, e.g. the "offset" vector.

Is there somewhere I could find instructions or other documentation about how this stuff works in the new version? Thanx ^^

When I play with OpenGL (but not DirectX), there's a "flickering" effect (almost like Z-fighting?) I see in planets with an atmosphere. It's very subtle on individual screenshots, but quite noticeable in-game:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's the log, but nothing jumps out at me (there's a couple of NullReferenceExceptions, but they happen when I run DirectX as well):

https://gist.github.com/Kerbas-ad-astra/42e47517d442d2b13b88

EVE has been updated.

This should not have been posted. It should have been screamed from rooftops around the world! I can tell you, I didn't really feel the desire to update to 1.0.5, in spite of some really tasty things in the changelog. Now, I think I'll be updating a fair bit quicker.

This bug just happened to me: http://i.imgur.com/engsiA8.jpg . Switching to another view fixed it, though, so it's no big deal. Otherwise it seems to work fine, good job.

That is awesome in its creepiness.

This is my first time trying EVE - so I don't know if this is 1.0.5 or me being dumb, but I couldn't find any obvious answers. Installed this on a fresh KSP install, no other mods whatsoever, and it seems to be doing absolutely nothing.

Do I need the "configs" download too? It really wasn't clear.

EDIT: And FYI I tripple checked the installation paths and everything.

EDIT AGAIN: I am a moron. It IS clear, I'm just blind and didn't see the instructions in the github page.

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn
I am a moron.

I'd like to confirm the city textures where they shouldn't be. In my case it wasn't the light, but the daytime texture, and I've seen it on Duna. If it helps, my system is Linux, and I'm running KSP 64bit (of course ^^). The graphics drivers are the AMD open source stack (RadeonSI to be precise, with Mesa 11.0.4+llvm-3.7 -> OpenGL 4.1).

This screen is taken while flying in the upper atmosphere - 39.6 km above nominal zero.

d6qHeqA.jpg

And yes, I'm using other mods: FAR, KIS, KSP-AVC, ProceduralFairings, RealChute, SCANsat, KAC, VOID and Waypoint Manager.