[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

9 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

I didn't expect that, I'm more used to the idea that anything is possible with KSP... You could send a message to NathanKell, if he isn't too busy with more important bug fixes he might like the idea and find a way to make it work in 1.1, like how he integrated some features from your mod in 1.0.5. :wink:

Yes, that would be a possibility but (and it's a big but) the whole of the resource handling code in KSP really needs a complete overhaul.  I really don't see this happening for 1.1 considering they are in QA and wouldn't want to be replacing such a large and pervasive subsystem at this point.  If/when it does get overhauled would be the perfect time to redesign the system so that new flow modes could be added in by mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuel Cells and their "FillAmount = 0.95" setting.  Can that be made tweakable?

I hate the idea of wasting LFO when the batteries dip a teeny bit, but having some fuel cells kick in at 50% energy, and then more emergency cells kick in when the energy gets below 10%, that would be awesome.

• 2 months later...

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.15!  This brings compatibility with KSP 1.1 and very little else.

Squad is continuing their persistent integration of many of our tweaks, so pretty much all the changes the time are removals!  Let me know if there's something missing that you want to see.

CHANGELOG

* KSP 1.1 Compatibility
* Retired TweakableControlSurfaces: it's stock now.
* Retired TweakableDecouplers: it's stock now.
* Retired TweakableRCS: it's stock now.

Edited by toadicus

4 minutes ago, toadicus said:

Let me know if there's something missing that you want to see.

Well if your asking I still would love to control animation speed/duration for moduleanimategeneric. I know you said before you had not looked into it, so I figured if you are asking now is the time to mention it again. Glad squad is integrating these great features. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, toadicus said:

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.15!  This brings compatibility with KSP 1.15 and very little else.

Squad is continuing their persistent integration of many of our tweaks, so pretty much all the changes the time are removals!  Let me know if there's something missing that you want to see.

CHANGELOG

* KSP 1.1 Compatibility
* Retired TweakableControlSurfaces: it's stock now.
* Retired TweakableDecouplers: it's stock now.
* Retired TweakableRCS: it's stock now.

Don't forget to CKAN.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a problem with aero stock part : when resized they start to fly when on the launchpad. (if the vehicle is not heavy enough it flies like there is no gravity)

I'm I the only one to have this problem ?

Edit : it's a problem when both FAR and tweakscale are used, found someone with the same problem asking in the FAR topic, but with no answer yet...

Edited by varsass

So, with this mod it seems that i can tweak the mobile procesing lab to make it small. Does it affect to to science output and research? If not, maybe its a bit broken this way... We should then make a responsable use of the mod ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I've begun to get log spamming which I think is related to this mod.

KSP.log

I get the following debug.log again and again

[LOG 16:40:38.573] TDNProtoUpdater_Flight: after adding nodes to affected part 'dockingPort1' in vessel 'KSS Unity of Kerbin'
	protoNodes: bottom, tdn
	prefabNodes: bottom, tdn

As far as I have been able to google, it is a method of Tweakable Everything creating these logs. https://github.com/toadicus/TweakableEverything/blob/master/TweakableDockingNode/TDNProtoUpdater.cs#L263

I have the TE version 1.15, which I do believe is the latest.

The Vessel which is refered in the message is no way near the vessel I'm in. KSS Unity of Kerbin is a space station around 300km orbit of Kerbin. I have observed this message both from the ground a Kerbin (this error log), and when flying around the Mün. Why is it doing this? Is it a bug?

On 9.2.2016 at 1:30 AM, suicidejunkie said:

Fuel Cells and their "FillAmount = 0.95" setting.  Can that be made tweakable?

I hate the idea of wasting LFO when the batteries dip a teeny bit, but having some fuel cells kick in at 50% energy, and then more emergency cells kick in when the energy gets below 10%, that would be awesome.

would be AWESOME

in the meantime i made something like this for my fuelcells

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]]:FINAL
{
    +MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Fuel?Cell]]
    {
    @ConverterName = Emergency Power Cell
    @StartActionName = Start EPC
    @StopActionName = Stop EPC    
    @FillAmount = 0.1
    }
}

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[ElectricCharge]
{
@flowMode = STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE
}

Edited by eLDude
mm patch now for all fuel cells

Hey @toadicus, the TweakableDockingNode module looks for animations to decide whether or not to allow docking nodes to be stack-attachable in the editor, but this scoops up docking ports which have animations which are irrelevant to the state of the docking port, such as built-in lights.  I'd suggest adding this patch to the end of TweakableDockingNode.cfg:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]&@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]&@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]:HAS[~deployAnimationControllerName[*]]]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
	{
		%AlwaysAllowStack = True
	}
}

The filter logic is that the part has to have a docking node and an animation, but no defined deployAnimationControllerName (i.e. excluding the stock shielded docking port).  This will mean that third-party shielded docking ports won't behave like the stock shielded port does, but it has otherwise substantially reduced my frustration in the VAB...

@suicidejunkie & @eLDude, I should be able to add that tweakable. :)

@Warezcrawler, thanks for the report; looks like I've forgotten to ever tell it to stop checking for an applying the fix.  I'll get that sorted!

@Kerbas_ad_astra, I'd rather add a field that can assigned per-part or improve my detection internally so that 3rd party docking ports work as expected.  Can you give me an example of a part that doesn't work as you'd expect, so I can work on improving behavior?

@PaveliusOfficial, works fine as far as I'm aware. :)

It seems tweakableEverything causes spacecraft hovering due to either outdated(Or too updated) or missing(or broken) toadicustools,  maybe ckan is the cause.

Edited by ssd21345

Now that I think about it, of all of the docking port mods which I have ever used, there are only a few which need to be made un-stack-attachable depending on an animation: the Mk2 shielded docking port noses from QuizTech Aero Pack and Mk2 Expansion, the shielded Mk3 nose from Mk3 Expansion, and the shielded Clamp-O-Tron Sr. from Bahamuto Dynamics.  Every other docking port with an animation is either an inline docking port or some kind of cosmetic animation (e.g. lights or a bumper).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2016 at 10:58 AM, Warezcrawler said:

I've begun to get log spamming which I think is related to this mod.

KSP.log

I get the following debug.log again and again

[LOG 16:40:38.573] TDNProtoUpdater_Flight: after adding nodes to affected part 'dockingPort1' in vessel 'KSS Unity of Kerbin'
	protoNodes: bottom, tdn
	prefabNodes: bottom, tdn

As far as I have been able to google, it is a method of Tweakable Everything creating these logs. https://github.com/toadicus/TweakableEverything/blob/master/TweakableDockingNode/TDNProtoUpdater.cs#L263

I have the TE version 1.15, which I do believe is the latest.

The Vessel which is refered in the message is no way near the vessel I'm in. KSS Unity of Kerbin is a space station around 300km orbit of Kerbin. I have observed this message both from the ground a Kerbin (this error log), and when flying around the Mün. Why is it doing this? Is it a bug?

I´m getting this log spam too, with so many docking ports around this is becoming a massive spam xD 

Edited by frango9000

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all!  I've got a request to make.  I've been gone a lot the last few months: mostly because of work and a few family vacations, but also because I'm having trouble fitting modding time into my schedule these days.  It's nothing to do with whatever has apparently been going on around the forums that Scott Manley's talked about, or anything that Squad has done or is doing, it's just that my life is busy and as time wears on my life gets busier and the work of modding slowly gets less enjoyable.  It's also been a long time since I've actually played KSP: I only turn it on to test mods.

This isn't "I'm done".  I've got a few updates pending that I really need to finish and get out.  I'm committed to finishing those and making sure all of my mods work correctly with KSP 1.1.3.  I also plan to finish up VOID 1.0 and get that released.  I'm also not ready to say "I'm done", because if the mood strikes me I'd love for the mods to still be here for me to work on and keep sharing with you.

I want to take a minute to emphasize that it has been an absolute joy writing these mods, learning so much about programming from them, and sharing them with you.  Our communities have been extremely friendly, and having you all along for the journey with me has really been fantastic.  There have been many of you that really stand out as going the extra mile to help with support in the threads, and it is so pleasing to see how when I'm out (or even just asleep), you guys are still here helping each other.

So, if this isn't "I'm done", what is it?  For now, this is "I'd like some help".  Most of my mods are basically in maintenance mode at this point.  I've got some bugs to fix in AntennaRange, a feature to fix and a feature to add in TweakableEverything, and the Scripted functionality to finish in VOID.  I'm going to get those done one way or another -- probably on my own, hopefully next week.  But past that, the mods really just need some TLC every time Squad updates the game, and when a new player turns over a bit of untested code in a corner to find a bug or defect.

If you're interested, please e-mail me: my address is andy (at) wtribe (dotcom), and I'd love to hear from you.  You don't need to be a C# expert, but programming experience seems pretty necessary.  I'm happy to hold your hand through things and help you learn -- that's how I learned, and I'm entirely willing to share what I've learned with you.  Write me a quick letter -- maybe a couple of paragraphs -- so I can tell you're not a robot, and in the letter just try to convince me that you're right for the projects and willing to do what you can to keep these mods successful, and these threads positive.

I'm cross-posting this on the threads for all my mods.  Thanks again for being awesome!