Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

Wait a sec... Does Canadarm work for you then???? Whenever I try it it gives me tons of null errors???

Canada arm?! I was wondering about the trusses?! How do you not get spammed by the trusses.

Wait a sec... Does Canadarm work for you then???? Whenever I try it it gives me tons of null errors???

Yeah works fine on the shuttle and the Canada 2 arm on the ISS works too. have not noticed any issues and I am running .25. In fact I posted a video yesterday using both arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Canada arm?! I was wondering about the trusses?! How do you not get spammed by the trusses.

What do you mean spammed?

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem, I had with the truss was docking them together.

it's a pain but doable. I have a video showing how that was done too.

Yeah works fine on the shuttle and the Canada 2 arm on the ISS works too. have not noticed any issues and I am running .25. In fact I posted a video yesterday using both arms.

I thought Lazor System was broken in .25?

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean spammed?

- - - Updated - - -

it's a pain but doable. I have a video showing how that was done too.

Every time I tried launching the solar arrays my log would get spammed with null exceptions to the point where its slows down the game to an unplayable speed.

Every time I tried launching the solar arrays my log would get spammed with null exceptions to the point where its slows down the game to an unplayable speed.

If you downloaded one that someone edit we won't say his name thats not a surprise you might check around for a older download.

If you downloaded one that someone edit we won't say his name thats not a surprise you might check around for a older download.

Really?! Well if anyone one has an older version that works on .25 please inbox me. It would be much appreciated.

Also is it possible the newest version of DRE isn't playing nice with the SSME's. I can't seem to get 400km off the launchpad and the engines explode.

One recommendation is that there should be a texture switch for a Columbia tail. It had a very distinctive.

I honestly have no idea. All i did was re-download everything when the most recent CSS update came out.

No the CSS isn't the problem. Its the solar panels on the ISS.

You are talking about the truss with the solar panels on one truss and the heat panel on the 2nd truss which had it's own docking port connection ?

ISS02.jpg

Edited by Mecripp2

Ok if you say lazor works... I'll give it another go...

Hmm it does seem to be working... Seems to good to be true. Ill play with it for a bit and report back again

Nope... its still broken :( got into orbit then instantly spammed with nulls

Edited by montyben101

Ok if you say lazor works... I'll give it another go...

Hmm it does seem to be working... Seems to good to be true. Ill play with it for a bit and report back again

Nope... its still broken :( got into orbit then instantly spammed with nulls

Weird. I don't know what I did to make it work. I just installed it normally.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone been able to land this with FAR? It either loses control or won't slow enough for a decent landing.

This topic has been discussed at length all through the 64 pages of this thread. Not FAR compatable

Has anyone been able to land this with FAR? It either loses control or won't slow enough for a decent landing.

It is not possible as is, but you can configure it to work with FAR. I wrote a config file that makes the shuttle compatible with FAR and 6.4x RSS. I've done quite a few tests and it performs flawlessly both with and without FAR, and with and without 6.4x RSS. I'm able to land at KSC every time, the shuttle is very stable whilst de-orbiting and it flies like any other glider/plane would with FAR. I do not know if it is up to Dragon01's standards, but to me it seems to do the job quite nicely.

It is not possible as is, but you can configure it to work with FAR. I wrote a config file that makes the shuttle compatible with FAR and 6.4x RSS. I've done quite a few tests and it performs flawlessly both with and without FAR, and with and without 6.4x RSS. I'm able to land at KSC every time, the shuttle is very stable whilst de-orbiting and it flies like any other glider/plane would with FAR. I do not know if it is up to Dragon01's standards, but to me it seems to do the job quite nicely.

Can you somehow send me the FAR fix without the scaling?

Cool just in time for .90 (though I probably wont update as im still attached to my current save)

You can still update. Just copy your current save over in another folder. I've got like two versions of .24.2 and three versions of .25 and the original in the Steam folder. Makes life alot easier when wanting to play in both with and without RSS, and still being able to update the game when the time comes.

You can still update. Just copy your current save over in another folder. I've got like two versions of .24.2 and three versions of .25 and the original in the Steam folder. Makes life alot easier when wanting to play in both with and without RSS, and still being able to update the game when the time comes.

Thats what I do.