[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

I can't assembly the PackRat rover using KIS and KAS. The tutorial video in the OP is very old and doesn't help either.

178ebf656df3201bf24b15c2b3318dc6.pngRight clicking doesn't seem to do anything, and the front section attachment node is already connected to the pylon.

I also tried taking the parts directly from the KIS container but that didn't work either.

f4754cbf14964a879a83c52755dbd3ec.png

There is a video back a a ways that has a good new KIS style building option.

I made a crappy version of the same video.  I can't take credit for coming up with the idea but the other video was private.

Edited by goldenpsp

KSP 1.1.3, Exploration Pack 0.5.4, Win 10, 32GB RAM.

I'm trying to track down why my save is corrupted and I note that I'm consistently getting the following error in the log:

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartReader.ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Model load error in 'D:\Programs\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

Full log here and the save is here.

Is this a problem?

• 3 weeks later...

The wheels of the PackRat are displayed in gray, I guess this is what happens when the texture is missing.

And every time I use them they get blocked and the voyage is over, sooner or later. Mounting the small version of the Malemute Wheels (although they overlap with the PackRat parts) works much better.

Malemute and the Karibou parts appear in a new "Rovers" section in the editor's palette, but I miss the PackRat here.

Anyway, had a lot of fun with the Malemute, keep up the good work :-)

On 8/31/2016 at 0:26 PM, Thegamer211 said:

@goldenpsp

@gary.townsend

@DStaal

Thanks guys. Now I can do manned Munar surveys:

7906a67d88033461d646bf65f736b0ff.png

(not complete in pic)

How did you get that to detach from the base right now as soon as i attach the packrat parts to the base i can no longer detach them without sending the thing into orbit. I don't get the blue highlight that KIS uses to signal a detachable part. Did you use a decoupler?  Also did your rear chasis part have a working generator? i'm beginning to think i have either a bad install of the explorer parts or maybe a bad KIS install.

8 hours ago, gary.townsend said:

How did you get that to detach from the base right now as soon as i attach the packrat parts to the base i can no longer detach them without sending the thing into orbit. I don't get the blue highlight that KIS uses to signal a detachable part. Did you use a decoupler?  Also did your rear chasis part have a working generator? i'm beginning to think i have either a bad install of the explorer parts or maybe a bad KIS install.

I use a small decoupler.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this little mod :) In the pictures of the pods, the kerbals sitting in the seats are visible from the outside of the pod, while in my end I can only see the default "window colour" which is not transparent. It's like that both in the editor and in the game. Bug?

29 minutes ago, Valkyria90 said:

I love this little mod :) In the pictures of the pods, the kerbals sitting in the seats are visible from the outside of the pod, while in my end I can only see the default "window colour" which is not transparent. It's like that both in the editor and in the game. Bug?

The transparent feature requires JSI Transparent Pods.  (And then it's a right-click option.)

NEW VERSION FOR KSP 1.2 IS UP!

Also - if you want to grab the entire USI Constellation in a single zip... head over here:  https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/

0.6.0 - (KSP 1.2)
------------------
Increased ducted fan EC usage, slightly decreased thrust
Ducted fan sound effects have been updated
Ducted fan engine now has the appropriate blurred prop animation.
The HERP Jumpseat has been deprecated
Transparent glass has been replaced with interim opaque glass (this will change once JSI Transparent Pods are implemented)
Shrunk the collider for the packrat crate to avoid locking issues with rear wheels
Fixed invalid packrat mini wheel texture
Fixed packrat attachment nodes and colliders to prevent wheels locking

• 3 weeks later...

building a micro sized explorer with this (and other parts) but I have found a problem with the micro ducted fan, I am assuming it is in this mod any way.

The point is, on Duna it will not function.  this should not rely on oxygen correct?  any atmosphere should be good?

57 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

building a micro sized explorer with this (and other parts) but I have found a problem with the micro ducted fan, I am assuming it is in this mod any way.

The point is, on Duna it will not function.  this should not rely on oxygen correct?  any atmosphere should be good?

It's pressure dependent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Pack-Rat command seat ejecting anyone else? When I 'Leave Seat', it shoots me straight up slightly above the cargo net and I come crashing down usually smashing the camera and antenna attached at the nodes adjacent to the command seat. I do not have this issue with the Akita rover, so I don't think it is a conflicting mod.. The behavior I am seeing is what I have seen in the past when a exit is blocked by another part on a command pod for example. However, I removed everything other than the cargo net (there is nothing next to the command seat) and I still get ejected, so I don't think that I am 'bumping' into anything when I exit the seat.

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Is the Pack-Rat command seat ejecting anyone else? When I 'Leave Seat', it shoots me straight up slightly above the cargo net and I come crashing down usually smashing the camera and antenna attached at the nodes adjacent to the command seat. I do not have this issue with the Akita rover, so I don't think it is a conflicting mod.. The behavior I am seeing is what I have seen in the past when a exit is blocked by another part on a command pod for example. However, I removed everything other than the cargo net (there is nothing next to the command seat) and I still get ejected, so I don't think that I am 'bumping' into anything when I exit the seat.

Cheers,

It's kinda done that for awhile.  I'd guess it could use a model update or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.