[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

Can't replicate it, so my next best guess is Module Manager. Let me know which versions you are using.

The one that came with the mod, 2.3.5.

I've tried reinstalled the mod again a couple of times during the weekend, and the end result is always the same. I thought that maybe the order in which I was pasting the files in the GameData folder had something to do with the issue (the first times I had installed ART last), but that wasn't the case. It even made things worse: now half the times I start up the game it fails to load all the parts except the ones from USI (that means, the game starts but only the USI parts show up and vessels using any other parts can't be loaded).

The one that came with the mod, 2.3.5.

I've tried reinstalled the mod again a couple of times during the weekend, and the end result is always the same. I thought that maybe the order in which I was pasting the files in the GameData folder had something to do with the issue (the first times I had installed ART last), but that wasn't the case. It even made things worse: now half the times I start up the game it fails to load all the parts except the ones from USI (that means, the game starts but only the USI parts show up and vessels using any other parts can't be loaded).

You most definitely have some weirdness going on, because there is no way my parts can affect other parts just based on how KSP works. Honestly, it sounds like you need a clean KSP re-install.

You most definitely have some weirdness going on, because there is no way my parts can affect other parts just based on how KSP works. Honestly, it sounds like you need a clean KSP re-install.

Gah! I'll try a complete reinstall as soon as I have the time, and let you know about the results.

Edit: Good news is that KSP downloads way faster than I thought on Steam. Bad news is that reinstalling everything from scratch haven't solved the issue (but it seems I'm no longer having the problem with stock parts not loading).

Edited by Parkaboy

Gah! I'll try a complete reinstall as soon as I have the time, and let you know about the results.

Edit: Good news is that KSP downloads way faster than I thought on Steam. Bad news is that reinstalling everything from scratch haven't solved the issue (but it seems I'm no longer having the problem with stock parts not loading).

Well that's a start at least.

So even if the ONLY mod you have is ART, same issues? Again, scratching my head as the most basic bit is a module manager config that adds a resource and part module to an asteroid - so if that bit is not working, there is oddness.

(Side note - if you are comfy with config editing, you can edit the potatoroid to be a 'science' part and spawn asteroids - I spawn them in the SPH then fly over from the VAB with hacked gravity for testing... or use HyperEdit to get them in orbit for the same purpose).

Well that's a start at least.

So even if the ONLY mod you have is ART, same issues? Again, scratching my head as the most basic bit is a module manager config that adds a resource and part module to an asteroid - so if that bit is not working, there is oddness.

(Side note - if you are comfy with config editing, you can edit the potatoroid to be a 'science' part and spawn asteroids - I spawn them in the SPH then fly over from the VAB with hacked gravity for testing... or use HyperEdit to get them in orbit for the same purpose).

Nope, the issue is still there with only ART installed. And testing isn't a big deal, since with HyperEdit makes it pretty easy to rendezvous with an asteroid.

One thing, though: the line "Const. MoltenRock Full" appears on the right-click menu of the Jaw part even before docking it with the asteroid. Is that normal?

Nope, the issue is still there with only ART installed. And testing isn't a big deal, since with HyperEdit makes it pretty easy to rendezvous with an asteroid.

One thing, though: the line "Const. MoltenRock Full" appears on the right-click menu of the Jaw part even before docking it with the asteroid. Is that normal?

Yep, that's normal.

Hey, RoverDude!

Just want you to know that I found out what was causing the issue, and it wasn't really your fault (kind of). I've downloaded the latest ModuleManager version (2.5.1) and switched it with the one that came with the mods (2.3.5), and everything magically started working.

I'm bumping my head in the wall right now for not doing this earlier (I just assumed the ModuleManager version in the USI mods was the latest one). I highly reccomend you to change it in your files so no one else comes across this issue!

Thanks a lot for the attention, anyway!

Hey, RoverDude!

Just want you to know that I found out what was causing the issue, and it wasn't really your fault (kind of). I've downloaded the latest ModuleManager version (2.5.1) and switched it with the one that came with the mods (2.3.5), and everything magically started working.

I'm bumping my head in the wall right now for not doing this earlier (I just assumed the ModuleManager version in the USI mods was the latest one). I highly reccomend you to change it in your files so no one else comes across this issue!

Thanks a lot for the attention, anyway!

No worries, I'm refreshing MM in all of the packs as we speak (we were still on older MM versions when I packaged those).

I was just thinking the same thing about the Freight mod (re:64bit)

I second that. It's sooo hard trying to figure out what mods are getting the cut. They're all so good I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out what ones need to go and still be able to achieve what i want with this new save. I think it's going to have to be focused around USI but with no visual enhancements.:cool::(

I found a minor compatibility issue with interstellar. The Jaw and the tanks don't draw power from reactors. As a quick fix, I added a battery because they draw electric charge from it, and the reactors will power the battery.

this isn't a bug with interstellar; this is by design because of the way squad designed the ElectricalCharge resource. standard electrical parts can't draw power without a battery; the charge must be made first (i.e. in a solar panel, reactor, etc), then stored in a battery, and then consumed by parts. this typically isn't a problem as every command pod and probe core has a battery, but it limits the way EC can be used. The whole point of the Megajoules resource was to give reactors a way to generate huge power that could be consumed without being stored first.

How about a ketane converer? It stand something on the front page too? Anybody have an link if its an separate download?

Pretty easy to knock one out, I think someone made a Kethane texture, just copy and paste one of the configs and edit to your heart's content

Pretty easy to knock one out, I think someone made a Kethane texture, just copy and paste one of the configs and edit to your heart's content

I think he was asking out of confusion that the OP claims a kethane converter ships standard with the mod.

I think he was asking out of confusion that the OP claims a kethane converter ships standard with the mod.

Yes, it stands on the first page but is probably replaced with Karbonite.

And I'm asking for one, my skills in config moding is limited to very simple stuff like changing parameters.

No retextures is really needed.

Yes, it stands on the first page but is probably replaced with Karbonite.

And I'm asking for one, my skills in config moding is limited to very simple stuff like changing parameters.

No retextures is really needed.

Yea probably some of the confusion was your question. I apologize if english isn't your primary language but "stands" should have probably been "says" or "states" as it "it says on the front page a kethane converter is included.

Okay, so you've got a big update coming on the 1st. I just managed (with about 7 hours of wiggling) to get a big, fat class E into a viable orbit. I have Big Plans for him, I'm going to love him and pet him and hold him and squeeze him and make him into the greatest flying super-base EVER.

While I know we have a torch ship coming, what else is going on? Should I hold off and just let him cool until after the 1st or is the AMT part of the constellation just getting a PNG brushup and that's all (if need be)?

Do I wait or should I just go ahead and pop the cork on this bad boy and gut him to make a nuclear powered inter planetary jack-o-lantern of sorts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.